• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

This dude Cudi tweeting MOTM 3 2015. Fuck outta here. 2 years. Acting like you directing Avatar 2 and giving far out release dates like that.

CRS

This dude Cudi tweeting MOTM 3 2015. Fuck outta here. 2 years. Acting like you directing Avatar 2 and giving far out release dates like that.

Let him take all the time he wants but there better be nothing but Emile and Plain Pat on it. Following two classics is no easy task.

kamspy

Been thinking about this a bit today, why didn't K.R.I.T. blow up?
- Very consistent
- Decent debut album
- Decent debut single
- Son can spit doe
- Son also got jamz

Basically, I don't get how Wale is still on but this dude isn't. Did the GaGa single really do that much for him?

Does KRIT just not have a core fanbase? Is Def Jam really to blame? Is his appeal really that stunted by his accent? Combination thereof? My brother wouldn't even listen to a single song from him once he started rapping.

Too ignant for hip hop heads. Not ignant enough for ignant heads. Krit exists in the void.

m3k

I tried to download Run The Jewels but never got an e-mail. Tried twice. Bah.

Edit: Twelve Reasons To Die by Ghostface Killah is cool

KA-Night's Gambit
Quelle Chris - Niggas is Men
Killah Priest - The Psychic World of Walter Reed
Freddie Gibbs - ESGN
Chance the Rapper - Acid Raps
Jonwayne - Cassette 3
Jeremiah Jae - Rawhyde
Migos - Young Rich Niggas
Key & Trap Money Benny - Nooneisready
Deniro Farrar - Patriarch
Young Fathers - Tape Two
Spark Master Tape - The #SWOUP Serengeti
Key Nyata - The Shadowed Diamond
Da$h - V.I.C.E.S.
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
Vince Staples - Stolen Youth
Cult Favorite - For Madmen Only
Willie The Kid & Alchemist - Masterpiece Theatre
Big K.R.I.T. - King Remembered In Time
MFN Exquire - Kismet
Travis Scott - Owl Pharoah
Kool & Kass - Peaceful Solutions
Kanye West- Yeezus

...That's pretty much how I see the year.

I enjoyed a fair amount of releases this year.

Saaab Stories.
Watching Movies With The Sound Off.
ESGN.
Doris.
Born Sinner.
Acid Rap.
Run the Jewels.
New Jet City.
Einstein.
Young Sinatra: Welcome to Forever.
MCHG.
Hustle Gang.
King Remembered In Time.
Kilt 2.

Bad Jokes is really good too.

thanks! ill check them out in the next few weeks... shawn kemp tracks were nice too des

thabiz

midaz-au.jpg

MidaZ The BEAST - AU: Another Universe

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Pusha fucked himself up when he rap these lines

Never mind me, 'Ye have fun
If the cops ask, that's my gun

One of those rap prophecies.

"Bleek could be one hit away his whole career
As long as I'm alive he's a millionaire
And even if I die he's in my will somewhere
So he could just kick back and chill somewhere
Oh yeah, he don't even have to write rhymes
The Dynasty like my money last 3 lifetimes"

Went from rapper with hot songs, to looking like a butler.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
i think Krit could have a longer career than Wale, still not sure Wale stans exist, have yet to meet one in the wild.

Krit will have the most longevity of any of the new rappers. But he will never be as big as most of the rest. Like Kam said, he floats in the that middle ground space that gets him diehard fans, but not a massive fanbase.
Also the accent differently throws people. My best friend whose tastes led me to believe he would love KRIT, wouldn't give him a chance because of the accent. He fucking called him master p. I almost pimp slapped him.

siddx

If I had the Photoshop chops id be making a jay elec-> macklemore animorphs cover right now.

Thats a pretty severe animorph. On one side you've got a reasonably talented dude who cares about and wants to participate in hip hop. And on the other you've got Jay Elecontrica. The herpes of Hip hop. Just a remnant of one fun incident that has lingered. Only popping up once in a while before disappearing again like the fucking disease he is.

Esch

Banned
why would you do that to yourself

How that 6.5/10 album gets the classic label here has to be some sort of elaborate troll.
Shit is a serious 4 or 5 out of ten. I feel like its calculated to appeal to self indulgent whiny teens, so it would make sense that gaf hop would like it since a lot of us were that age when it dropped. You can always tell the people raised on Lupe, Cudi, and Ye.

Samk

Shit is a serious 4 or 5 out of ten. I feel like its calculated to appeal to self indulgent whiny teens, so it would make sense that gaf hop would like it since a lot of us were that age when it dropped. You can always tell the people raised on Lupe, Cudi, and Ye.

His mix tapes were better.

Also did the link for run the jewels get posted?

siddx

MOTM1 is album I hate myself for loving. It's a 9/10 for me, and I don't want it to be. I fucking hate cudi's emo ass. It's a deep shame to know how much I love that album.

lol and kendrick lamar is attractive? hell i've never even heard any girl think jay z was attractive.
I thought Kendrick was gonna bomb due to that, remember. But women seem to love him so...

Jay is Jay. I wouldn't compare anyone to him. Krit on the other hand is just an underground rapper with no charisma who doesn't appeal to women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom