• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I hope people go crazy for kendricks shit tomorrow at the eminem gig I'm heading to.

IL BE PUTTING MY LIGHTER UP FOR SURE.

HiiiLife

Coming to the all knowing Gaf-Hop for advice. Ol' homie from Cali loves going on about Cali rappers. Vouches for Casey Veggies and Vince Staples. Any fans of either here?

I did like Vince's verse on Hive tho.

kamspy

Random thought.

Mysonne, Maino and Saigon

1. How do these dudes still get paper?
2. Are they all the same guy with different stage names ala DOOM?
3. They should make a Slaughterhouse esque super group called "Everyday is Bicept Day"

Also, was Hodgy Beats pulling a Young Buck for OF until Earl got out?

Tokubetsu

Random thought.

3. They should make a Slaughterhouse esque super group called "Everyday is Bicept Day"

You can get broader than that. I don't know how most of those older-ish NYC rappers make money. Fred The Godson etc.

Grzi

Random thought.

Chino XL would fit right in, although I don't think he still gets paper.

Dereck

Hodgy simply rapped too much. His voice does nothing for him and he has been consistently meh.

Domo has been rapping with a lot of people outside of OF and has shined almost everytime.

Tokubetsu

Hodgy simply rapped too much. His voice does nothing for him and he has been consistently meh.

Domo has been rapping with a lot of people outside of OF and has shined almost everytime.

GAF-Hop hates No Idols but it's still my favorite OF release (Haven't heard Doris yet). Domo's feature on the Prodigy album was solid too.

I think a lot of the smarter OF cats are doing the right thing by low key dis-associating themselves from Tyler/OF as a whole. Domo and Earl seem to be living around ALC's studio and the cats he runs with when not doing other shit (Flying Lotus, Domo linking with Hody for MellowHigh etc).

DominoKid

this intro on HOF is nice.

You can get broader than that. I don't know how most of those older-ish NYC rappers make money. Fred The Godson etc.

its so many rappers i wonder that about. new rappers. old rappers. shit i want to see Gucci's breakdown after these tweets

Gucci Mane ‏@gucci1017 1h
@gucci1017 I make so much money off itunes. Droppin mixtapes. U would think im lying. 1week. 100 000k. Ww3. Mollygaslean.ww3

Gucci Mane ‏@gucci1017 1h
@TrillHD @YoungDolph 100k a week on d road 100k a week itunes. Million dollar months. Catch up

kamspy

I'm saying I think the label pumped up Hodgy as a stand in the same way G Unit needed a third member for the album since all the tapes had the members. Hence Young Buck was born.

Earl was Tyler's sidekick, got sent away, Hodgy looked the part and off here went.

HiiiLife

Yo, my audiophile game is slacking, tell me the difference between a grouprip and nongrouprip. I'm assuming iTunes quality is the best? Frequent Atrilli, so that's why. Lol.

Tokubetsu

Yo, my audiophile game is slacking, tell me the difference between a grouprip and nongrouprip. I'm assuming iTunes quality is the best? Frequent Atrili, so that's why. Lol.

scene or no scene doesn't really matters. What matters is source of rip and if they know what the fuck they're doing when they rip. Itunes store AAC quality is about on par with a V0 MP3 CD rip, maybe a bit better. I know some itunes releases get special mastering/different algorithms applied.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yo, my audiophile game is slacking, tell me the difference between a grouprip and nongrouprip. I'm assuming iTunes quality is the best? Frequent Atrili, so that's why. Lol.

group rips have nothing to do with audio quality, it's just that it came from a well known pirate organization. group rips are dudes that are in the group, non-group. you get the point.

its 320kbps so quality is fine.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Big Sean ft. Nas & KiD CuDi - First Chain

YlVGJ.png
YlVGJ.png
YlVGJ.png

EDIT: WTF IT DRIPPED

HiiiLife

scene or no scene doesn't really matters. What matters is source of rip and if they know what the fuck they're doing when they rip. Itunes store AAC quality is about on par with a V0 MP3 CD rip, maybe a bit better. I know some itunes releases get special mastering/different algorithms applied.

group rips have nothing to do with audio quality, it's just that it came from a well known pirate organization. group rips are dudes that are in the group, non-group. you get the point.

its 320kbps so quality is fine.

Cool cool, thanks y'all.

kamspy

Mastering is so fucked up right now.

Got me copping CD's just to put on the shelf and grabbing the iTunes mix for actual listening. Yeezy taught me :-(

Tokubetsu

Mastering is so fucked up right now.

Got me copping CD's just to put on the shelf and grabbing the iTunes mix for actual listening. Yeezy taught me :-(

It's only bad with real big shit like that. Major mainstream albums in 2013 always seem to get a better mix for web/itunes. Especially if its POP.

We're in a state right now where basically every release of an album has the potential to have different mastering. It's kinda fucked. Yeezus had different mix and mastering not only for cd and itunes, but itunes region.

The last like three Deftones album have all had better masters for their vinyl releases that came half a year to a year later.

CDs tend to suffer the most, if its one of those big albums like I said you can expect it to be brickwalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom