• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

2d1294760b7a11e38eb922000a1fbc88_7.jpg

*scust* @ #7

Cole's right, except dark skin men are more scary and probably good for suburban white (sorry real hip hop fans, I'm talking about the frat bros loving three six mafia and black face parties) fantasies about hip-hop. So he's wrong on that.

It's an interesting discussion. Lil Wayne sells millions, and 50 Cent did at one point. Likewise Nas sold very well in the 90s. But today it is easier to sell a lighter skinned Drake type than a dark guy. Kendrick being the exception of course, but even Kendrick might have a glass ceiling.

Ultimately this has far more ramifications for black women than black men. I can think of a lot of "dark skinned" black male entertainers but on the female side there's very little color diversity. I've never felt bad about my complexion, personally. Even at my lowest point I knew Wesley Snipes was out there somewhere, getting his dick sucked, and if his black ass could make it so could my less black ass. Then Akon came along and gave me hope. Now I look at Idris like a proud father who's only son made it.

But who do dark black chicks have to look up to? Music tells them they aren't as attractive as the "red bones," media ignores them, and 95% of all black women depicted in media/entertainment are wearing weaves. I can't even imagine how depressing that shit must be.

Samk

Real question:

Are white people ruining hip hop? Is it watering down the only outlet for the black expirence?

Ultimately, I feel like it should just be an expression of you. So there should be room for many backgrounds. But I'd be interested to know what others think.

cdyhybrid

Real question:

Are white people ruining hip hop? Is it watering down the only outlet for the black expirence?

Ultimately, I feel like it should just be an expression of you. So there should be room for many backgrounds. But I'd be interested to know what others think.

I assume you mean in the mainstream, because the internet lets anyone get their stuff out there.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Damn another member of brown gafhop comes out the closet

Dead

was never really in the closet. just giving out any info about my self online. people can find some crazy things about you, with just a username and skin color.
Real question:

id say people are mixing pop and hip hop together. like that new hana montana song about twerking. thats shit is strait pop but people think its hip hop.

Macca

Real question:

The only white people that should be allowed to be hip hop artists are Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope.

Esch

Banned
But who do dark black chicks have to look up to? Music tells them they aren't as attractive as the "red bones," media ignores them, and 95% of all black women depicted in media/entertainment are wearing weaves. I can't even imagine how depressing that shit must be.

azealia banks

8Vd2G.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Betha slayed Higher. One of the best songs all last year.

Cruel Summer in general has held up very well. Should be the blueprint for every compilation going forward in terms of sequencing, structure and variety. The One is really the only middling or worse song on there.

Macca

Betha slayed Higher. One of the best songs all last year.

Cruel Summer in general has held up very well. Should be the blueprint for every compilation going forward in terms of sequencing, structure and variety. The One is really the only middling or worse song on there.
That album needed much better sequencing. Too frontloaded.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That album needed much better sequencing. Too frontloaded.
So you'd throw Clique at the end in front of Bliss?

The progression of sound is great. The second half has some of the more weaker songs (Bliss, The One) and not as bombastic as closing when compared to the opening, but it's sequencing is done right. Cluster similar sounds and topics rather than just having them at random.

CRS

Who else is going to release a posse album? GOOD and MMG are the only groups right now. I guess you can also count Khaled's albums but those are practically an extension of MMG's.

Kwixotik

Real question:

Do you mean white people or WHITE people? I think sorority girls are ruining hip hop.

and by that I mean whenever I'm listening to hip hop and they come around my vibe is killed

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who else is going to release a posse album? GOOD and MMG are the only groups right now. I guess you can also count Khaled's albums but those are practically an extension of MMG's.
A$AP have been mulling it.

They could push units, I think. Core fanbase is pretty strong and people will eat up the bad songs even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom