• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

I like ASAP, but the only song on Lords Never Worry that got more than one play from me was Thuggin Noise, and that might be my favorite Rocky song

DominoKid

yeah there's a Mob album coming out sometime. as long as its like 65% Rocky/Ferg it'll be dope. all their stuff on the mixtape was fire.

i dont want to hear Ant, Nast & Twelvy solo tracks like they had on the mixtape.

My friend who did this video I previously posted, just added this song to his soundcloud. I think he's starting to get better, but he's just getting seriously into it.

https://soundcloud.com/thekidvoodoo/neva-neva

Thoughts? Potential? Hang it up?

Cole's right, except dark skin men are more scary and probably good for suburban white (sorry real hip hop fans, I'm talking about the frat bros loving three six mafia and black face parties) fantasies about hip-hop. So he's wrong on that.

That song is pretty nice. Bit messy in the overall structure I guess. Has potential tho

Samk

I like the Jaws one a lot. The other one is too...loud? Harsh? I'm not good with identifying what's up with sounds, but it sort of grates on the ears, if that makes any sense.

I listened to the entire Jaws one though and really dug it

Drop the piano an octave after the intro? I'd want to play with it

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Got major Jaws vibes from the first. It's like I'd want to lay down soft and then go hard when it starts to kick in the middle

So yeah, I'd save the bass beats till the middle. But I liked the composition a lot.
thanks will play it with the layout a bit more

I like the Jaws one a lot. The other one is too...loud? Harsh? I'm not good with identifying what's up with sounds, but it sort of grates on the ears, if that makes any sense.

I listened to the entire Jaws one though and really dug it

awesome.. Jaws is newer, while the Halloween one is a "fixed" version of one of my older beats..

Where does it feel harsh on the ears... I double layered some sounds so that might be it as well.. is it the piano?

Drop the piano an octave after the intro? I'd want to play with it
hmm.. Will give it a try
Jaws is def improved. Maybe slightly heavier drums. And Id agree with WW. Halloween sounds like rough or something. Maybe some of the producing people can identify what it is
Yeah, it isn't as smooth as jaws.. but def want to fix it up.. It was my first real full beat..

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I Wanna Be With You yeah, was fucking awful. No New Friends was average.

I've just seen the cover for the album, lmfao Khaled on some Game of Thrones shit.

I judge guys like Khaled in a different light.. both those songs get off in the club.. esp No New Friends..

I judge guys like Khaled in a different light.. both those songs get off in the club.. esp No New Friends..

Anything with that tracklist is going to get club play. The problem is that it was far from a big record, didn't chart well, etc. Khaled tends to strike gold with each album, in terms of releasing a big single. Last time it was I'm On One. New singles didn't come close to that success.

Maybe people are tired of the Wayne/Drake/Ross triumvirate? Dunno, considering Pop That was a hit.

Macca

Chuggo is my favorite rapper
tHdS6E7.jpg

thabiz

Shit man. We got people here repping wu. I thought this was a trust tree.

Centaur's newish anyway. And it's not like buck blew up.

buck should just go back to nova scotia. he can hang out with eric's trip and thrush hermit in the land of has been indie bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom