• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

man i need to quit fuckin with facebook, wish they had some elaborate custom filters like

- if someone posts about a dead old white guy and the words "media" "trayvon" "skin" etc please auto-delete
- likewise if someone posts about fuckin star wars more than 2x a day, hide/delete them shits too (this can also apply to crossfit people)
- when this corny dude makes a joke on every other photo i got...ditto
- do not show my mom stuff that features ODB lyrics, ever
- likewise please do not send an alarm to my crazy woman everytime i like a ivy doomkitty pic cause cotdamn
- there's like 200 people there and i only care about maybe 3 of those birthdays, stop askin me bout starbucks and shit

see i just need to fuck with twitter, at least the character limit respects brevity and not everyone on there is just reposting those sarcastic ass hallmark card memes

HiiiLife

Cosign the Crossfit updates. One of my friends does that shit and everyday, "30 burpees, 5K, 30 handstand push ups. Slight work."

Lol like bruh I seeeee you. But come on yo, we really don't care. And it shows just that when you like your own status.

Samk

man i need to quit fuckin with facebook, wish they had some elaborate custom filters like

- if someone posts about a dead old white guy and the words "media" "trayvon" "skin" etc please auto-delete
- likewise if someone posts about fuckin star wars more than 2x a day, hide/delete them shits too (this can also apply to crossfit people)
- when this corny dude makes a joke on every other photo i got...ditto
- likewise please do not send an alarm to my crazy woman everytime i like a ivy doomkitty pic cause cotdamn
- there's like 200 people there and i only care about maybe 3 of those birthdays, stop askin me bout starbucks and shit

see i just need to fuck with twitter, at least the character limit respects brevity and not everyone on there is just reposting those sarcastic ass hallmark card memes

Twitter is where it's at. At least for what I do. I'm not a big follow my family on Facebook person

IrishNinja

Cosign the Crossfit updates. One of my friends does that shit and everyday, "30 burpees, 5K, 30 handstand push ups. Slight work."

Lol like bruh I seeeee you. But come on yo, we really don't care. And it shows just that when you like your own status.

whats funny is it's a girl on mine, hashtagging shit like she's on twitter. cmon love, pick another hobby to speak on...i at least throw in gaming, hip-hop and philosophy so heads have a few things to choose from before blocking my nonsense, haha

and liking your own shit always strikes me as needy, i dont know what to do with that

Twitter is where it's at. At least for what I do. I'm not a big follow my family on Facebook person

its stupid though, like i dont add some family back (except my brother who only replies on sports shit anyway haha) and they catch feelings when i see em on the holidays, ugh

the worst was i tagged my boy with that inspiration-couple-by-the-pond shot and "i don't have no problem with you fuckin me/but i have a little problem wit you not fuckin' me" - ODB and my moms was like "WHAT IS THIS"

HiiiLife

Lol yeah still got my moms sweating over social network stuff here and there too. She just get can't get jiggy to this shit. *angry african voice from next friday*

Well.... The Worlds End was easily the best film of the summer. It's almost unfair how much better it was than everything else. Very....personal too. For y'all that can't or don't want to grow up. This will hit you when it tries to

I can understand not liking Ka's delivery, but his voice? It's a very haggard, painful voice that fits his music perfect.

It's more spoken word than rap in a sense. And the production isn't flashy at all, it essentially serves as an audio canvas for his words. To me it's music at its most basic form, like a hip hop folk album.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
whats funny is it's a girl on mine, hashtagging shit like she's on twitter. cmon love, pick another hobby to speak on...i at least throw in gaming, hip-hop and philosophy so heads have a few things to choose from before blocking my nonsense, haha

and liking your own shit always strikes me as needy, i dont know what to do with that

its stupid though, like i dont add some family back (except my brother who only replies on sports shit anyway haha) and they catch feelings when i see em on the holidays, ugh

the worst was i tagged my boy with that inspiration-couple-by-the-pond shot and "i don't have no problem with you fuckin me/but i have a little problem wit you not fuckin' me" - ODB and my moms was like "WHAT IS THIS"

Yeah mine was a girl too. Some old co worker who would post 20 status updates a day about cross fit. Finally she got pregnant and had to stop so my news feed has been saved from it for the last few months.

My worst "friend" on facebook is some old female friend of an ex who spends the whole day posting about "now I see who my true friends are" or "I am so tired of all this, I just want to disappear" or "if you dont love me for who I am you can kiss my ass!" Just a non stop wave of self pitying bullshit. It's one thing to get a little drunk and emo on the rare occasion and post something you regret later, but she goes every day all day with this shit. I thought about blocking her but in some sick way, her whiny ass updates are amusing. They annoy the fuck out of me, and yet I can't wait to see what cliched bullshit she puts up next. It's like self torture.

And as for tagging against my will, my boy used to love tagging me in pictures of suicide girls and "ass of the day" pics. I'd wake up in the morning and my page would be covered in naked women. My co workers already think I'm a damn pervert, that shit isn't helping.

overcast

Well.... The Worlds End was easily the best film of the summer. It's almost unfair how much better it was than everything else. Very....personal too. For y'all that can't or don't want to grow up. This will hit you when it tries to
Agreed. That + Before Midnight are my movies of the year. I was surprised at how much it connects actually. Wright also re-confirmed how fucking masterful he is at directing action. Ant-Man is going to be great.

First post in that Juicy J thread :|

IrishNinja

sid shoulda just said "LOOK UP LOW TESTOSTERONE, ITS SCIENCE" cause OT respects that shit sometimes

*edit haha sid i got a co-worker on that pity-party shit, dude puts out passive-agressive shots & gets on the cross, once in a while gets called on it, awkwardly delets the whole thing (and that person) and next post is only slightly more vague/martyr'd up, i rubberneck that shit like classic jerry springer show

codhand

Born in the jungle, out the womb running
Better move youngin', predators is soon coming
Aggressive measures for the ones alive
The issue is no nipple for the undersized
Thrive for wealth, ignore the pastor
Full of cruddy should've studied I Self Lord And Master

aoty

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

This happened to me when I was listening to the GZA Pandora Station driving with my mom(it was a short drive, I picked her up and the song just started playing). She isn't a fan but she flipped her said when ODB said:

"Nigga I'm immune to all viruses, I got that cocaine that cleans out your sinuses"

-ODB "Nigga Please"

Lol she flipped her shit asking "how could you listen to this etc. Etc." She has a open music mind and listens to house and EDM. I had to explain to her that's just ODB and that's just what he does.

I must have been in a bad place. I listened to Juicy J, ASAP Ferg, Stalley mix tape and started on Doris. I wasn't feeling any of them.

Juicy J seemed repetitive beat/lyrics wise (Purple, codeine, Molly, Kush, Becky, make it rain, yadda, yadda, yadda).

ASAP Ferg was okay. I like Rocky more. Ferg raps like a southern rapper, over southern beats and has those obnoxious voices.

The Stalley is okay. His voice has no presence versus Ross/Wale. Mills also has one of those voices.

Earl needs to rap over Madlib, Alchemist and MF Doom beats. Drop the OF basic beats. Also I agree on how his voice sounds monotonous. That's one thing I like about Tyler. He's got different tones.

These opinions are only after one listen, sometimes you definitely needs 2-3 listens depending.

IrishNinja

ah, i keep sleepin on Doris, been meaning to hit that one up...but that maybe the first time ive heard someone accuse wale of having presence

siddx

Lowkey enjoying that conversation going on between Siddx and that dude in the virignity thread. Lol.

Haha I just gave up eventually, most if the time any argument in the OT is just one person ignoring everything the other is saying just to continue arguing. It's pointless a fuck.

siddx

I must have been in a bad place. I listened to Juicy J, ASAP Ferg, Stalley mix tape and started on Doris. I wasn't feeling any of them.

Juicy J seemed repetitive beat/lyrics wise (Purple, codeine, Molly, Kush, Becky, make it rain, yadda, yadda, yadda).

ASAP Ferg was okay. I like Rocky more. Ferg raps like a southern rapper, over southern beats and has those obnoxious voices.

The Stalley is okay. His voice has no presence versus Ross/Wale. Mills also has one of those voices.

Earl needs to rap over Madlib, Alchemist and MF Doom beats. Drop the OF basic beats. Also I agree on how his voice sounds monotonous. That's one thing I like about Tyler. He's got different tones.

These opinions are only after one listen, sometimes you definitely needs 2-3 listens depending.

Yeah as much as I enjoy the juicy album, there are a lot of repetitive tracks on there with generic and similar subject matter. Most of the lyrics are cliche s fuck, but juicy had that charisma to make me look past that.

And I thought ferg was disappointing, worst hooks I've heard in long time and some really boring beats. Fergavicious is great though.

iavi

I liked it a lot. Wasn't a huge fan of the sampled bit in the middle though.

If anything make it longer, I listened to it twice.

Yeah, that middle's one of those parts that stuck out like a sore thumb to me too, but I went with anyway against my gut feeling, just because I actually started the track off with that sample but it found itself irrelevant as time went on. I wanted to squeeze it in somehow.

Thanks for the crit!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That Tyler track is pretty much fuckin awesome. I'd like an instrumental of that ish right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom