• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Cole and Diddy might have had tension in the past with him declining the invite to Diddy's white party and all.

Jay kinda seemed kinda indifferent towards Cole in The Breakfast Club interview, but it's been so consistently like that, it's hard to tell if that was irregular or not.

Jay never liked Cole and is bitter his in-house ghostwriter is shining

Im with Esch on this one. I liked MCHG even though Jay recorded his rapping while he was reading some business article.

I honestly don't think he even listened to beats that were playing. Its like he was paying no attention and rick rubin said "Jay spit some lines to this."

Jay didn't even look up from his lil business magazine and just mumbled a bunch of shit.

Thats why he stops every couple of seconds to say "Auh" or whatever.

Trying to remember what the fuck is going on.

Blackace

Jay selected those beats

MCHG was basically the real Blueprint 3

PBY

Banned
Im with Esch on this one. I liked MCHG even though Jay recorded his rapping while he was reading some business article.

I honestly don't think he even listened to beats that were playing. Its like he was paying no attention and rick rubin said "Jay spit some lines to this."

Jay didn't even look up from his lil business magazine and just mumbled a bunch of shit.

Thats why he stops every couple of seconds to say "Auh" or whatever.

Trying to remember what the fuck is going on.

Rick Rubin didn't even work on the fucking album. Jay had him pose for the commercial. He basically was like, after Yeezus I can't work on this shit.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Rick Rubin didn't even work on the fucking album. Jay had him pose for the commercial. He basically was like, after Yeezus I can't work on this shit.

Probably because he was exhausted after having to literally salvage the album from 4 hours worth of garbage material. In 5 days.

absoul-joeybad-smokersclub.jpg

Definitely trying to hit up this.

HiResDes

Maybe if I had Esch's cake I might be able to enjoy all of that yacht rap he enjoys, Forever Young is fucking schooner tier republican rap.

Esch

Banned
yo i'd pay some decent money to see Cole fight Diddy live. all that pent up rage, lmao
Yeah lol.

And because he bites Ye sooo hard now. /stannery over.

Bitter melon served with bitter gourd drizzled with angostura bitters

HiResDes

People should listen to Blu's No York after listening to Yeezus and see how they like it.

Real talk, although Blu's shit is never mastered right and sometimes comes across lazy, the guy has released a bunch of dope projects over the years. I'm a closet stan.

Diddy ✔ @iamdiddy

I usually don't address rumors but I got too much respect for my bro @JColeNC. We are friends. We just yell in public sometimes LOL #Fam
7:35 PM - 26 Aug 2013

And just like that, it's all ova

Esch

Banned
NoYork is just really hit or miss. I haven't been able to connect with anything he's made with BtH, and I honestly just hate him. He's the only rapper I hate, besides Wayne.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rick Rubin didn't even want to do Yeezus because he was going to take a vacation, you think he'd touch the uninspired shit that is MCHG? Even after he did the two he gave MCHG a backhanded compliment when comparing it to working on Yeezus. At least when he was tasked with Yeezus it was a challenge that was alluring him rather than a paycheck that leads to more paychecks in the future with MMLP2. I don't even think Ye of all people would have given Jay the critique he needed to step his bars up for MCHG. Everyone is a yesman around him.

Yeezus is definitely going to get that 808s burn. The analogies are abundant. It's too much of a radical shift in Ye's career for people to even care (which is stupid considering that's Ye's MO, but whatever) to analyze how he's experimenting with song structure and mixing sounds that couldn't be more different. This time around, it is more than just tribal drums, Ye is pulling from a lot more.

People should listen to Blu's No York after listening to Yeezus and see how they like it.
Blu kinda fails at all things melody related, and his songwriting suffers as a result, unless he's got Exile helping. Big part of what makes all those clashing sounds on Yeezus work.

Every now and then, I get in the mood to listen to Yeezus. Well Blood on the Leaves and Guilt Trip.

I have no idea why. It happens so rarely but it does happen.

Whole album is trash but the two standout tracks are good.

With more time and some competent producers to fix it, I think it couldve been good.

Ye left all alone to work is when shit like Yeezus happens tho

HiResDes

NoYork is just really hit or miss. I haven't been able to connect with anything he's made with BtH, and I honestly just hate him. He's the only rapper I hate, besides Wayne.
I really don't get the hate, I can see how someone might find his style boring, but I wouldn't think that there's any part of his style that could be seen as grating...Like even if you weren't feeling Blu, he raps in such a lowkey fashion that I would think most of his tracks would serve as decent background noise.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Every now and then, I get in the mood to listen to Yeezus. Well Blood on the Leaves and Guilt Trip.

I have no idea why. It happens so rarely but it does happen.

Whole album is trash but the two standout tracks are good.

With more time and some competent producers to fix it, I think it couldve been good.

Ye left all alone to work is when shit like Yeezus happens tho
Yeezus has probably had waaaaaaaaaaaay more collaborators than any other Ye album.

CS was mostly just G.O.O.D. + a few external producers and MBDTF was a pretty tight knit group.

Esch

Banned
I really don't get the hate, I can see how someone might find his style boring, but I wouldn't think that there's any part of his style that could be seen as grating...Like even if you weren't feeling Blu, he raps in such a lowkey fashion that I would think most of his tracks would serve as decent background noise.
I hate him because he's a disappointment, not because his shit is unlistenable. It can be really boring sometimes though, and his subject matter since BtH has been whatever. Like, doesn't even register.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Oh my lord enzo, kanye isnt pulling from anything except his own ass. yeezus is everything that's wrong with kanye and was so bad it made me miss mbdtfnbatnt. At least that musical abortion had a few moments where listening to it didn't make me want to kill myself and everyone around me. I must have fully transcended to old man who doesnt understand new music anymore because everytime someone in here wanks one off over yeezus my fucking brain shits itself in disbelief.

Esch

Banned
I'm kinda surprised none of the bangers from French's joint took off actually. I knew the album was gonna go triple PVC but i figured he'd have another Pop That in there somewhere.

just listened to the BET cypher from 2011 with the Shady records staff

If Em can spit like that on the new shit, I'd be hype as fuck

Chances of that happening are worse than a new Bone Thugs album

Blackace

I'm kinda surprised none of the bangers from French's joint took off actually. I knew the album was gonna go triple PVC but i figured he'd have another Pop That in there somewhere.
Freaks is pretty big

Tokubetsu

Tbh his attitude kinda poisoed Below The Heavens for me now too. I only go back for Dancing In The Rain.

Oh my lord enzo, kanye isnt pulling from anything except his own ass. yeezus is everything that's wrong with kanye and was so bad it made me miss mbdtfnbatnt. At least that musical abortion had a few moments where listening to it didn't make me want to kill myself and everyone around me. I must have fully transcended to old man who doesnt understand new music anymore because everytime someone in here wanks one off over yeezus my fucking brain shits itself in disbelief.

Angry Siddx is best siddx

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gonna have to go with the latter here. We've all just accepted your unchangeable bias against Ye here, every post you make is the same hyperbole, just lacking the same comedy it once had. When you somehow miss MBDTF amidst the wankery around Yeezus here which has had people being more critical of Ye than ever, you know you've gone off of the deep end and it's not worth debating. If Ye put out TCD2 you'd still find a way to hate it.

Blackace

Didnt realise French, thought he was MMG.

MGK, has he dropped an album or gearing up to?

I wonder if Red Cafe still Bad Boy, think he had a couple tracks I liked

Joint contract with Bad Boy and MMG

Ocho Cinco is the Bad Boy theme song

Has their line up right there

MGK released Lace Up in 2012

He has done about 200000

Blackace

I heard it a single time at the club, another on a rooftop bar, nothing else besides that though (no radio whatsoever). It's a shame Trap House never took off, love that song.

You hear it 3 to 4 times a night in the clubs here
They love that song... and reggae is big here so it fits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom