• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
808's and Heartbreak?

Yup.

Though I don't think Yeezus comes together very well and really sounds like it was caught mid-transition from a serious record to a fun record or vice-versa, I really do feel like half of the album is some of Ye's best material ever. New Slaves, Black Skinhead, On Sight, Guilt Trip, I Am A God, Hold My Liquor strike me as genius at times. Blood On The Leaves is great too, but I don't get the same feeling.

I like both parts of the songs.. they're just too jarring together. Sometimes I want one part to rock longer and the other one kicks in. Similarly, I can only listen to one half of m.A.A.d City at a given time.

Yeah, that jarring feeling is why i love it lol

hahaha. so true .. but i like it .. ? :\

my favorite track on the album. honestly.

My white ninja!

i dunno, i don't really see much filler in stay trippy.

So much money
that piece of shit with chris brown and wiz khalifa
all i blow is loud
and the last track

that's 4 out of 16. cut them out and you still get a decent sized album. the rest are so good. you got a good balance of grimy and club stuff

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is Gunplay's verse on Cartoons and cereal the only good thing he's done, or did I just get unlucky with the songs I've youtubed so far?
Ghetto Symphony.

I really don't care for a lot of the stock MMG songs he does though, all of those sound cookie cutter to me.

Yeezus is good but it's not as long lasting as MTBDF...has anyone heard gorgeous, hands down the highlight for me in that album but it's not widely popular..

somewhere down the road ye and kim are going to break up bad and then the stuff ye will drop will be glorious..its inevitable

Recon

Banned
i dunno, i don't really see much filler in stay trippy.

So much money
that piece of shit with chris brown and wiz khalifa
all i blow is loud
and the last track

that's 4 out of 16. cut them out and you still get a decent sized album. the rest are so good. you got a good balance of grimy and club stuff

Stay Trippy is good, but it feels like the same 4-5 tracks on a loop. It just gets very repetitive for me. I feel it is a solid album that could have been cut down considerably and made into a great one. Wax and Gun Plus a Mask are my favorites.

forever young is such a shit song. it's like jay forgot how to rap and just decided to read lines over a beat instead. fuck, that shit was garbage. guy completely lost his flow.

HiResDes

That new track with Isiah Toothtaker is dope!...

Also I'm about to hangout in Plug.DJ if anybody wants to have a sesh write a reply...As for now I'm probably going to default to Trap City.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Not true, and either way they are better than Jay's.

Blood on the Leaves is my favorite track of Yeezus. One of my favorite Ye songs period.
So true

Yeezus is maybe the worst album from a major artist since Doggfather

It is the Atari ET of hip-hop

Recon

Banned
At least that had Power. Yeezus has zero redeemable qualities.

Blood on the leaves, Hold my liquor, bound 2 all get serious play around my way.

tumblr_lkoz0k13qq1qdvbdfo1_500.gif

PBY

Banned
Man Yeezus is so dope. It gets better for me every listen. I'm not even gonna defend it because opinions, but damn if black skinhead doesn't crush in the whip.

Recon

Banned
Pains me to say that Power alone makes MBDTF a better album

Pains me to hear it. I love power, but I just dont like the rest. I have come to appreciate mbdtf a bit more than I use to, but man it just is a shitty album. I still dont know how he got the critical response he did with that album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man Yeezus is so dope. It gets better for me every listen. I'm not even gonna defend it because opinions, but damn if black skinhead doesn't crush in the whip.
4 in the mornin.. and I'm zonin'
they say I'm possessed.. it's an omen

I get indescribable feels from those lines.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Did y'all see the most recent Trinidad Jame$ Breakfast Club interview? SMH @ Joey Badass refusing to go on stage before Trinidad Jame$. You should be confident your gonna rock the place no matter where you are in the lineup, way to come off insecure too.

I don't hate Joey Badass really, but it's not like he's got some songs that will shut a place down in the first place. If anything, you'd rather come with the energy after.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I refuse to fall for this shit. lol I can't fuck with this hook, but this is kinda dope.

Sounds like he's trolling the fuck out of everyone, including Kendrick, in verse 2 and 3.

Cudder

I like the hook and the beat and that's pretty much it. I'm not really amused by his sense of humor anymore and some of those effects overlayed over the song are too much.

pretty much how I feel.

and did I hear a crack at Lamar Odom/Khloe? This record is already fucking dated with the pop culture references, they're on the verge of breaking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom