• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This is what happens when y'all expect good shit from old farts. Oh well, hey at least you ain't trying to pass it off as acceptable like esch and MCHG

Esch

Banned
This is what happens when y'all expect good shit from old farts. Oh well, hey at least you ain't trying to pass it off as acceptable like esch and MCHG

there are more hurt feelings in this thread from me liking mchg than i can shake a stick at. it would be cute, if it wasnt so concentrated soy sauce salty

HiiiLife

This isn't drunk thread Gaf but words cannot express how much I enjoy mixing orange juice and malt liquor. Dunno when my broke college ass will be able to afford anything better tho. Prolly not for a few years lol.

Esch

Banned
This isn't drunk thread Gaf but words cannot express how much I enjoy mixing orange juice and malt liquor. Dunno when my broke college ass will be able to afford anything better tho. Prolly not for a few years lol.

if youre gonna be a bum, be real bummy

Thunderbird.jpg

229318869_1bfcb61e6d.jpg

_42130884_buckfast_close_203.jpg

Dude that's gross...Get some real liquor to mix at least, homeless men drink better.

It's actually kinda good in a ratchet way. It's called a Brass Monkey, and it's like a shitty mimosa.

DominoKid

just drink the malt liquor straight up. you're wasting good OJ.

Esch

Banned
Thunderbird will literally turn your tongue black through some demonic chemical interaction. And it tastes like pinot grigio mixed with gooch. I have never had cisco but i can vouch for its effects having witnessed them in person. It's like semi liquid blow, it drives people nuts for some reason. Buckfast is some dirty low class shit. It's wine mixed with caffeine and other terrible shit, gets you amped. I've only had it once and it was one of the weirdest nights of my life. Youll have to ask Kentpaul about that though, I remember him saying he was a fan.

Haven't had mad dog before though

CRS

Back to Blu for a second, didn't have a chance to reply earlier.

Real talk, although Blu's shit is never mastered right and sometimes comes across lazy, the guy has released a bunch of dope projects over the years. I'm a closet stan.
Ironically, the un mastered version of No York sounded better to me. I had a copy but I can't seem to find it anymore. Need to search for it online again but I doubt I will.

Blu as a business man is a fucking moron. And his performances are super lackluster. It bums me out that dude didn't take advantage of his hot streak but he still has plenty of quality music under his belt, :kanyeshrug:
NoYork is just really hit or miss. I haven't been able to connect with anything he's made with BtH, and I honestly just hate him. He's the only rapper I hate, besides Wayne.
Her Favorite Colo(u)r is his best work.
I really don't get the hate, I can see how someone might find his style boring, but I wouldn't think that there's any part of his style that could be seen as grating...Like even if you weren't feeling Blu, he raps in such a lowkey fashion that I would think most of his tracks would serve as decent background noise.
He's a really solid rapper but this persona that he's been portraying for a while has crippled people's opinion of him. They probably think he smoked his brains out and as a result only stans continue to fuck with him and it sucks but he brought it upon himself.

Although, whenever he does a feature, it's guaranteed to be really good because he's not going to half-ass someone else's record.
Tbh his attitude kinda poisoed Below The Heavens for me now too. I only go back for Dancing In The Rain.
But "The World Is...", Toku. Probably my favorite track next to "Dancing in the Rain".
Did y'all see the most recent Trinidad Jame$ Breakfast Club interview? SMH @ Joey Badass refusing to go on stage before Trinidad Jame$. You should be confident your gonna rock the place no matter where you are in the lineup, way to come off insecure too.

I don't hate Joey Badass really, but it's not like he's got some songs that will shut a place down in the first place. If anything, you'd rather come with the energy after.
Joey got pist because James' name was higher than his on the poster. Fuck that childish prick.

Kwixotik

Mad Dog isn't as bad as people say it is. Really, cheap beer and wine has never really been revolting to me. It's cheap liquor that is just straight up terrible. Avoid at all costs:

I made the mistake of buying it once. Can't drink it straight, can't mix it, can't even give it away. It will eat you from the inside out.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Joey got pist because James' name was higher than his on the poster. Fuck that childish prick.

Well I mean thats exactly what he is. A child. I expect little kids to do that kind of thing. It's more aggravating when the grown ass men in hip hop do immature childish shit.

Gonna have to go with the latter here. We've all just accepted your unchangeable bias against Ye here, every post you make is the same hyperbole, just lacking the same comedy it once had. When you somehow miss MBDTF amidst the wankery around Yeezus here which has had people being more critical of Ye than ever, you know you've gone off of the deep end and it's not worth debating. If Ye put out TCD2 you'd still find a way to hate it.

My posts about Kanye never had comedy. It's too fucking depressing to be funny. And fuck off with the hyperbole nonsense. Kanye stans are just as guilty of not just hyperbole but spewing the same tired dick licking stannery as those of us who don't like him. Nothing new has been said from either side in years. We are both guilty of the same bullshit, we just live on different sides of the turd.

IrishNinja

ahahaha @ boutdown's shit
also i wish i liked that em track like WW did...actually i wish i liked anything that much

Nas doesnt belong in this post. His naughties were shit. One good album, one diss, a stellsr compilation and thats it. He also owned Nas at one point through Def Jam, so theres that. And commercially. ..lol.

your jay stannery is leveling up these days esh

Nas has ether. Even then, that didnt propel stillmatic to the same heights as bp1. So theres that. Nas was pretty much failing before that, and failed after while Jay ate off Vol1 and 2. There was never a point in the naughties where Nas had any of the guys in this paragraph as competitors. Ill agree that Fif, Em, and Wayne had the spotlight over him at points. But still like the article says.none of them lasted as long.

As for Kanye being over him now, nope. Yeezus sold less than MCHG even without Samsung, and has zero resonance with the public. MCHG is the rap album of the summer in terms of penetration, along with Cole's joint. Sorry. If you were to argue that Ye won over Jay with the BP3/mbtdf round id have agreed though.

Em could easily have that #1 spot though. Game changer.

stillmatic wasn't trynna do clubbangers like BP/that sound either though, let's not act lke they were in the same lane
and your block is pretty weird, cause nobody out here is bumping MCHG. the timberlake track stays on the radio but that's it; actual trap artists get more rotation over jay's decision to wear that for a minute

I Am sold 3mil records, and IWW sold 2mil. Nas was That Dude. He turned down the chance to be even bigger, largely due to pure stupidity and bad decision making. But we cannot ignore his place in the 90s.

If we're gonna be honest, the aughts were dominated by 50 Cent and Lil Wayne - and I don't even fuck with either. Jay-Z was "just there" for much of the decade outside of two albums, both of which didn't dominate the music world like 50's first album did.

+1, though being in the midwest i'dve said there was a window for lil jon, paul wall & dj screw shit but by the time i came back out east only jon was still dominating

It Was Written is an excellent album, but quite a few people considered it a pandering bite of the Raekwon mafia genre, and a disappointment. I Am... also falls victim to a lot of the same issues, except with Shiny Suit rap. I like the album, but Nas does not stride the line between commercial and critical well, it's awkward. I would definitely not say that I Am... made Nas that dude. Especially when Chronic 2001 dropped that year and defined a decade's worth of sound to come.

here's some fun with goalposts: did illmatic "define a decade's sound"? no, it didn't. if that was the only metric we'd talk about very few albums here
agreed on that line and what he was doing with it around then though, moreso nastradamus and obviously the tragic oochie wally era

Busta x Yeezus x Q-Tip coming

every collabo ive heard/seen with tip for a while now hasn't manifested, or it's just been him on the beat or something. really hope to see something form this

I see the girls, but all I can really see is those struggle kicks. Dawg.

Diddy is a monster

Don't let the Jimmy Cricket look fool you

ya'll gotta share some stories then, i know diddy got a goon squad but i never heard shit past that one where he fucked up (i wanna say) Positive K for playing with his money?

Every now and then, I get in the mood to listen to Yeezus. Well Blood on the Leaves and Guilt Trip.

I have no idea why. It happens so rarely but it does happen.

Whole album is trash but the two standout tracks are good.

if it was those 2 tracks (id throw in new slaves) and 10 tracks of fart noises it'd still be better than what MCHG turned out being

Ye last 3 albums have been ass ass and horrible

okay but then you used up all the words to describe Hov's last 3 tho

Do you like 90s hip hop?

If yes, then Illmatic

If no, then Life is Good

maaaaaaaan

Hold on, is that Irish's alt trolling us?

Yo ginger ninja, what do you think of the Wii U? You own a Vita by any chance? How big do you think Yu Suzuki's dick is?

i don't know why ya'll trynna blow up that dude's spot
just answer the man, and maybe PM him when Yakuza 5 gets announced over here cause i hurrd dude sleeps late nahmean

ginger the correct answer to that last one is "maybe 5 inches but fuck you, he made OutRun"

edit holy shit i cannot list to ?uestlove telling stories, fuckin get where you're going dude

siddx

Mad Dog isn't as bad as people say it is. Really, cheap beer and wine has never really been revolting to me. It's cheap liquor that is just straight up terrible. Avoid at all costs:

I made the mistake of buying it once. Can't drink it straight, can't mix it, can't even give it away. It will eat you from the inside out.

We have a problem here in nam with fake booze. The distributors try to save money by making batches of fake vodka and whiskey that is basically just poison with food coloring. That shit will eat your alive from the inside for real. It's the same thing with the "cocaine" they sell here. It's meth, K, and random who knows what shit like rat poison all mixed together. Partying here can be dangerous if you go too ghetto (which I did all last year). This year I made it my goal to spend more time in the nicer bars where I don't have to worry about dying from a whiskey and coke.

Esch

Banned
Irish Ninja, your block posting makes responses useless so i'll simply say this. Fuck you IrishNinja. Fuck you, and fuck Liquid Swords 2.

We have a problem here in nam with fake booze. The distributors try to save money by making batches of fake vodka and whiskey that is basically just poison with food coloring. That shit will eat your alive from the inside for real. It's the same thing with the "cocaine" they sell here. It's meth, K, and random who knows what shit like rat poison all mixed together. Partying here can be dangerous if you go too ghetto (which I did all last year). This year I made it my goal to spend more time in the nicer bars where I don't have to worry about dying from a whiskey and coke.

holy shit wtf

god bless the FDA

CRS

Is buying sealed alcohol not an option? Why not drink at your place and show up already turnt up (or half-way at least) at the bar.

Lmao, Esch.

Edit x2: I don't think Vietnam has a FDA.

X3: Unless the FDA is international, then ignore that last sentence. Looking that up now.

siddx

Is buying sealed alcohol not an option? Why not drink at your place and show up already turnt up (or half-way at least) at the bar.

Lmao, Esch.

Edit x2: I don't think Vietnam(?) has a FDA.

Buying sealed doesn't work here because the distributors make it and send it in along side legit bottles of the booze. So the bars and restaurants and stores don't know. So I try to stick with bars that I know test the bottle (whiskey bubbles if it's real, vodka can be lit on fire) before they serve it.

overcast

Just sitting here doing my French homework. How come I didn't know this shit would be this good of a class? Would have taken it in HS honestly.

Also, Chapter 6 by Kendrick is such fucking great cruising music. Was driving back from LAX and I played it 5-6 times.

siddx

Just sitting here doing my French homework. How come I didn't know this shit would be this good of a class? Would have taken it in HS honestly.

Always hated french. Sounds like baby talk to me, especially when dudes speak it.
Spanish was my one language I put the effort in to learn. Still didn't learn shit though until I got a sleeping dictionary.

Always wanted to learn Hindi so the next time some fuckhead responds to the info that I was born in India with "but how come you dont look Indian?" I can fuck with their heads even more by busting out Hindi.

CRS

Buying sealed doesn't work here because the distributors make it and send it in along side legit bottles of the booze. So the bars and restaurants and stores don't know. So I try to stick with bars that I know test the bottle (whiskey bubbles if it's real, vodka can be lit on fire) before they serve it.
Wow. Just, wow. This is fucking dirty. Does this apply to all alcoholic brands?

siddx

Stay Trippy is extremely repetitive but it doesn't bother me at all. Someone please tell me why

I find it annoys me when I'm listening on headphones on the walk to work or when I walking to the bars. But at home with it on as background music (especially when fucking) it doesn't bother me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom