• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
oh right. TDE is aftermath. but still there are so many artists that are fair game for him and he has the power and fear behind him to be able to do it.

and instead...he disses KFed and Khloe Kardashian :(

Hip-hop artist give Em mad respect kinda hard to troll people who basically say you are one of the greatest

Esch

Banned
oh right. TDE is aftermath. but still there are so many artists that are fair game for him and he has the power and fear behind him to be able to do it.

and instead...he disses KFed and Khloe Kardashian :(

You are surprised that Eminem is throwing shots at tabloid celebrities instead of rappers? Is there some slandering of his family on the song that surprises you too, perhaps?

KFed is 2003's tabloids (or whenever da fuck that happened).

at least shit on miley cyrus or something. oh well, maybe it would just feel hollow now anyways. now you got shit like hopsin who namedrops everybody hoping to get an angry mention in the game.

i dunno what i want from eminem anymore. song is better than recovery's first single at least.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Em will "diss" anyone. He's not dissing anyone in 2013. It's going to resonate and have the same impact as Tyler referencing people in his records.

I don't think so.

Em has never dissed a label mate or even a former one like Game...

With all the shit he's been through over "beef" I really doubt he's going to start calling people out by name. Maybe if someone comes at him but that's pretty unlikely as well.

HiiiLife

People on KTT are saying Vevo is uploading the video in fifteen. So, I'll see what that's about. As of now from what I heard, it's decent. This type of shit breaks my heart Marshall. Please come correct on this album.

royalan

i4A14NrE7tUCW.gif

Wassup, GAF-Hop.

I don't know how I feel about this new Em.

I don't like the chorus.

And the whole thing is kinda messy and frenetic...

...but I don't think it's awful. Could warm up to it eventually. I feel like I need to be in a car with some good speakers on the way to the club to really get into this, which is usually the case with Em and me.

PBY

Banned
You mean the beastie boys?

Pretty much. Their last album was the last time I've heard rock flipped like this. This has some 2013 flavor though.

Didn't soak in a single lyric though. Gonna need a relisten.

Also- He's not doing his Recovery "RAPPITY RAP IS BETTER WHEN I SCREAM EVERY LYRIC" thing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My favourite Em line is:

And Dr. Dre said
nothing you idiot, Dr. Dre's dead, he's locked in my basement

I don't know why but that line gets me every time, especially cause of his flow before all of that.

PBY

Banned
DAMN. I'm pretty impressed at how.... Early-mid 2000s Em manages to sound here. I still don't know if its "good," but shit man, he turned back the clock.

Recon

Banned
DAMN. I'm pretty impressed at how.... Early-mid 2000s Em manages to sound here. I still don't know if its "good," but shit man, he turned back the clock.

Yeah, only the first verse really sounded like current Em, the rest was pretty close to vintage Em. I have to assume he titled it MMLP2 for a reason, because Em doesnt need to rely on nostalgia to sell.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I agree. I just don't get any sort of the same exceptional feeling from Em's highs throughout his career. Not the most aggressive, not really that quirky, not that funny, not very lyrically impressive, not really introspective, etc. Like I feel if this was funny or really on some rappity rap angry shit I might like the song. Some of the lines are pretty sigh worthy.

Maybe I'll see the song in a different light when it hits CDQ, but otherwise I don't get the praise just because it has some fragments of semblance to stuff Em used to do well.

tears of joy or sadness? (never mind. caught the edit)

anyways I'm late to that sway freestyle from danny brown that enzo posted but holy fuck. like i said before, the beats from OLD might let us down but his flow is still crazy.

Kwixotik

I guess what I like about the song is that it sounds sincere, like he was at least somewhat inspired. His last stuff has been sounding so manufactured/uninspired compared to this.

HiiiLife

I'm personally indifferent on the beat. Couple of my friends don't like the rock influence and aren't impressed. As for me, I still think it's a decent track and rather meh sauce especially compared to the MMLP singles. The hook is cool and I like the first verse. The other two verses had me scratching my head. I like it more than Survival. That's not saying much though. He's got two meh tracks out now. Really not impressed. Smh. Someone grab me a 40. I'm feeling some type of way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Really? It sounds pretty forced and all over the place to me.
Yeah it sounds like its his goal was to reproduce and update a sound of his from the past.

Not quite as inspired as some of Recovery, though it doesn't feel as manufactured as Skylar Grey-sounding hook collab #7.

Recon

Banned
I'm personally indifferent on the beat. Couple of my friends don't like the rock influence and aren't impressed. As for me, I still think it's a decent track and rather meh sauce especially compared to the MMLP singles. The hook is cool and I like the first verse. The other two verses had me scratching my head. I like it more than Survival. That's not saying much though. He's got two meh tracks out now. Really not impressed. Smh. Someone grab me a 40. I'm feeling some type of way.

I thought the first verse was by far the weakest.

it does come off as forced. but the silver lining is that it sounded better than not afraid.

and yeah the second verse was better. the first left a bad initial impression of the song for me. like he's trying to channel Ad Rock and combine it with his own flow.

HiiiLife

He needs to try harder than that. I was borderline stanning this dude with the announcement last night and in return got chin checked with a mediocre track. Be right back, grabbing 40 oz and OJ on my broke ninja shit. Need to clear my mind tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom