• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

Stay Trippy is extremely repetitive but it doesn't bother me at all. Someone please tell me why

i probably will rarely play it through front to back again, but its good to know i can start playing the album from any point and get some quality ignorant shit. buying the deluxe as I type this. im pretty disappointed by the JT song/feature though. :\

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Wow. Just, wow. This is fucking dirty. Does this apply to all alcoholic brands?

It's most common with the upscale whiskeys. They figure they can make good cash slipping in fake high class bourbons and whiskeys. Vodka is less common but it still happens. The best bars test all their bottles to be sure though, so really the biggest risk is at the little ghetto hooker bars/20 cent beer bars/late night drug dealer hangout bars. Also the cheap booze is safe most of the time because it's already garbage as hell.

It's not too hard to taste the fake shit unless you are hammered. I know I've drunken it a few times because it tastes like fucking gasoline mixed with rubbing alcohol.

CRS

I was thinking that it would make most sense to forge the expensive brands. The irony.

I'm surprised they don't forge vodka more since its impossible to tell apart from rubbing alcohol.

Esch

Banned
Im trying to imagine how salty id be if I spent bread on some scotch or something and the shit was sesame oil

Rrrrrrrrrrrr

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Really digging the new Eminem track, When i go outside later i expect a few cars to drive past blasting it.

We love em in scotland.

Coal

As someone who is a HUGE fan of dude (since MMLP and before, shout out to dude that mentioned Hellbound), this new Eminem track sounds like the following took place:

Rick Rubin & Eminem are mourning the loss of MCA. Grieve stricken by his death, Rick Rubin decides to throw on Licensed to Ill... when suddenly, they both have a great idea. Why not have Eminem do his best Beastie Boys impression over some fake ass Licensed to Ill-inspired beat?

I fucking love the Beastie Boys & Eminem, but the two just don't mix (for me). I personally couldn't make heads or tails of the song, and multiple times lost my "place" in the song (so to speak). I can't remember anything memorable from the song, whether it be lyrics or just moments in the music itself other than a bunch of fucking garbage.

And I don't really care for the type of beat, to be honest. Rap rock was stale to me when Limp Bizkit was popular (2001?) and this is just making it worse.

CRS

New ELOS album!!!

ELOS - Kid Him (iTunes)

Boomkat

The intro is sooooo fucking sick. It's basically a trill version of Lavendar Town. A haunting beat.

This is perfect music to chill to, driving with the windows down, on a warm summer LA night. Crazy synths, dope beats, and a grimy feel to the album.

Oh my god, Alligotado. AOTY candidate. Fuck a rapper.

Detox

So that was Em's pop single and it's great. Can't wait to hear what songs they've got for the album, the beats are going to be crazy. I would love to hear Dre going back to that more dirty sampling style he had in straight outta Compton, something like express yourself would be amazing. We already know it's going to be mixed to perfection this album is going to knock.

So that was Em's pop single and it's great. Can't wait to hear what songs they've got for the album, the beats are going to be crazy. I would love to hear Dre going back to that more dirty sampling style he had in straight outta Compton, something like express yourself would be amazing. We already know it's going to be mixed to perfection this album is going to knock.
If Rick Rubin doesn't touch the boards, than yes. I was surprise that 13 sounded good....Will see. This is the same man who went to Apple and ask why his Music sounded like shit....Apple "Will Rubin, that's what you send us" lol. Fucking Rubin, the man who started the "Loudness War" I still love him anyway.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Still not sold on Berserk, parts of it I like, but it's kind of a mess and some of the other parts sound like shit. I can tell it's going to be huge though, just has that sound that screams hit. You'll be hearing in commercials for shows, movies, games, and whatever else for months. It will play at bars, any event with music playing, and every white guy with a shitty old mustang or cavalier and some beat up 12's in a box will be blasting it.

Detox

If Rick Rubin doesn't touch the boards, than yes. I was surprise that 13 sounded good....Will see. This is the same man who went to Apple and ask why his Music sounded like shit....Apple "Will Rubin, that's what you send us" lol. Fucking Rubin, the man who started the "Loudness War" I still love him anyway.
Hmmm I didn't even think of Rubin, it will certainly be interesting if the power dynamic between him and Dre can be heard in the album. I just assumed Dre would handle it, Pharallel said Dre is one of the few engineers in the world that could make a shit beat, bang.

codhand

I don't think many people like that many songs from MCHG, even those that bought it...

Holy Grail
Tom Ford (dat beat, what lyrics?)
Oceans (song of the year contender for me)
Crown
Heaven (great use of JT)
Part II (nice 90s throwback)
Nickles and Dimes

Of course the two < 1 minute songs are good too

and no bad songs except BBC,

bp3 was massively forgettable, maybe his flow was better, couldnt tell you. i recall liking bp3 also, but was still bumping twisted fantasy at that point

Detox

Interesting point he makes about the industry building you up for a certain reason and then hating on you for the exact same one. I remember 50 said he advised Keef that they would do the same thing to him and they tried it on 50 too which was part of the reason why he got rid of his tattoos and kind of cleaned up his image. They give you the bulletproof vests, the crew and then eventually you're demonised and it leads to your downfall.

codhand

Interesting point he makes about the industry building you up for a certain reason and then hating on you for the exact same one. I remember 50 said he advised Keef that they would do the same thing to him and they tried it on 50 too which was part of the reason why he got rid of his tattoos and kind of cleaned up his image. They give you the bulletproof vests, the crew and then eventually you're demonised and it leads to your downfall.

i liked his verse on the Ferg. and Females Welcomed was cool. damn trying to find his song / video for Southside, and it's like it never existed, all the youtube videos got shut down. EDIT ah vimeo exclusive or something http://vimeo.com/63142904

this interview gets awkward, with Angie trying to turn it on James (successfully i might add) he essentially gets flustered by angie accusing him of being butt hurt, and starts devolving to his script of "im just focused on my project etc, it's not personal." he shouldve made it personal, cause Angie looked kinda shook initially when he brought up "rachet". he shoulve owned the word. but that's why she's a pro, he learned a lesson here i think.

the problem is the idea anything needs to be explained to nyc radio, i wish that would be dropped, but it's the only drama left for the fans in a post 50 world.

he's right about plucking people from the worst parts of the country and then wanting them to behave like nat king cole, i always wanna ask these people, "Don't you get out? This is how people talk, go to Wal Mart, walk around ten mintues!" angie cant say much she still has the same thick hood accent shes always used to great success at hot 97, but now it's sadder.

Esch

Banned
Just won The Coli's Trap Lord giveaway. Getting a free copy!

dancing_gifs_05.gif

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
This is R&B, but the song Asylum, on John Legend's new album sounds like Yeezus / MBDTF type shit (with focus) mixed together. Listening to this shit in awe. Summer has been to kind with music. September is going to be crazy too.

Only feature is a drake feature. Makes me wonder what Abel did to get back good with him again.
Didn't both Drake and The Weeknd say that there wasn't any beef?

Idk, I didn't get the whole situation.

As a Weeknd fan, I am so un-hype for this shit and I'm not sure why.

Hopefully the album blows me away.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Lol

Didn't both Drake and The Weeknd say that there wasn't any beef?

Idk, I didn't get the whole situation.

As a Weeknd fan, I am so un-hype for this shit and I'm not sure why.

Hopefully the album blows me away.

There was no beef.
Y'all believe that shit? Subliminal shots from drake. A picture of the artists reuniting. Weeknd not signing to young money. Man idk Aubrey seemed hurt to me.

CRS

Drake is just jealous that The Weeknd isn't getting screwed over by Birdman and he is.

Fat Joe just went to jail, no?

3 months for tax evasion I believe. Finished and released the mixtape then turned himself in.

He did an awesome interview on the Breakfast Club a few days ago. Dude is hilarious. Although his tax story sounds a bit fishy. Obviously you can still be locked up after paying back taxes...but does Fat Joe have 1.2mil to quickly write a check like that? He may be fronting.

HiiiLife

As someone who is a HUGE fan of dude (since MMLP and before, shout out to dude that mentioned Hellbound), this new Eminem track sounds like the following took place:

Rick Rubin & Eminem are mourning the loss of MCA. Grieve stricken by his death, Rick Rubin decides to throw on Licensed to Ill... when suddenly, they both have a great idea. Why not have Eminem do his best Beastie Boys impression over some fake ass Licensed to Ill-inspired beat?

I fucking love the Beastie Boys & Eminem, but the two just don't mix (for me). I personally couldn't make heads or tails of the song, and multiple times lost my "place" in the song (so to speak). I can't remember anything memorable from the song, whether it be lyrics or just moments in the music itself other than a bunch of fucking garbage.

And I don't really care for the type of beat, to be honest. Rap rock was stale to me when Limp Bizkit was popular (2001?) and this is just making it worse.

Pretty much the closest thing to my impression of the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom