• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did an awesome interview on the Breakfast Club a few days ago. Dude is hilarious. Although his tax story sounds a bit fishy. Obviously you can still be locked up after paying back taxes...but does Fat Joe have 1.2mil to quickly write a check like that? He may be fronting.

I had a co-worker back in the day that ended up owing some back taxes due to hiring a "to good to be true" tax guy to do his returns. Obviously the amount of cash owed was nowhere near what a guy like Fat Joe would owe but the IRS just set him up on a payment plan, no jail time or anything like that.

Tokubetsu

End of Yela's verse on Gun Plus A Mask gets me hype as fuck every time. Metal as fuck. Feel pretty safe calling it the most 90s/classic era Triple Six track on the album. Juicy probably put it on there for the life fans too. Good shit.

ecurbj

fuck, no bonus tracks on iTunes version of Stay Trippy.

ah well, I'm smokin, I'm rollin!
qfZcbC4.png

Juicy J got a Deluxe Edition only available at Best Buy. I just coped mine just now after work.

The tracks are:

17) One Thousand (featuring Wiz Khalifa)
18) Having Sex (featuring Trina & 2 Chainz)
19) One Of Those Nights (featuring The Weeknd) [The track everyone is complaining that didn't make the cut and it's actually on the Best Buy edition).

I picked it up for $3.99 because I had a random $10 Best Buy certificate I haven't used.

I agree with those that posted earlier that said the content is the same thing for every track. Yes, it is. But Juicy was out to make club bangers. You best believe this album will have some air time on the radio and in the clubs for sure.

Mr.Swag

Banned
So I haven't been fucking with the new school much, only dudes I given a chance to are: Chance, A$AP Rocky, and King Kendrick.
And chief keef and french montana

I've heard many names I haven't given attention to.
Who are the essentials?
I've heard of: Danny Brown, Action Bronson, Tyler Creator, ASAP Ferg, Schoolbo Q, and some others, but never have I listened to any of their albums.
Where should I start?

PBY

Banned
So I haven't been fucking with the new school much, only dudes I given a chance to are: Chance, A$AP Rocky, and King Kendrick.

Who are the essentials?
I've heard of: Danny Brown, Action Bronson, Tyler Creator, ASAP Ferg, Schoolbo Q, and some others, but never have I listened to any of their albums.
Where should I start?

Listen to XXX, Habits and Contradictions,

HiiiLife

Ab-Soul coming to SLC and I'm contemplating seeing him perform solely because he wasn't there when Kendrick came. Oh, and Joey Badass is with him. Dunno yet.

overcast

Is Tyler worth listening to? I remember he was getting big, but he didn't seem like my type of thing, looked like it was aimed at high schoolers. But I'm open to anything.
Not really. I don't care for his last two albums, but check out Bastard. Earl is good too, check out both of his albums.

Trap Lord by Ferg is some pretty good shit too. And Control System by Ab Soul is a must listen.

Cudder

Who are the essentials?
Where should I start?

off the top of my head i would recommend these:

Akon- Konvicted
Kyle- Beautiful Loser
WZRD- WZRD
XV- any album because you cant go wrong here

kamspy

Ab-Soul coming to SLC and I'm contemplating seeing him perform solely because he wasn't there when Kendrick came. Oh, and Joey Badass is with him. Dunno yet.

Dude that ticket looks awful. I'm sorry. I'd like to see Ab, but not at the expense of seeing Joey and his merry band of reggie rollers.

EDIT: Are we perpin like Konvicted ain't good?

End of Yela's verse on Gun Plus A Mask gets me hype as fuck every time. Metal as fuck. Feel pretty safe calling it the most 90s/classic era Triple Six track on the album. Juicy probably put it on there for the life fans too. Good shit.

Good verse. It's that grimy piano beat that definitely makes it feel like old 3 6 mafia. Who produced that track?

HiiiLife

Dude that ticket looks awful. I'm sorry. I'd like to see Ab, but not at the expense of seeing Joey and his merry band of reggie rollers.

Yeah, not sold on Joey at all. I'm a fan of Ab's music, and I thought he'd be dope. But Joey, meh, I don't think he's hot garbage but I don't fuck with him like that.

kamspy

Yeah, not sold on Joey at all. I'm a fan of Ab's music, and I thought he'd be dope. But Joey, meh, I don't think he's hot garbage but I don't fuck with him like that.

Dude I could even handle Joey. But how many names were there on that flyer besides Ab and Joey? I hadn't heard of a single one of them either. Must have been at least 8-10 other acts.

Cudder

every album i listed was good, that's why i listed them. whatchu mean?

HiiiLife

Dude I could even handle Joey. But how many names were there on that flyer besides Ab and Joey? I hadn't heard of a single one of them either. Must have been at least 8-10 other acts.

Lol you right. Ab-Soul, Joey, Pro Era, The Underachievers, Chevy Woods and a bunch of other randoms. The only person whose music I feel I really know is the first person I listed in this comment. Let me see how much these tickets are doe.

Esch

Banned
Lol you right. Ab-Soul, Joey, Pro Era, The Underachievers, Chevy Woods and a bunch of other randoms. The only person whose music I feel I really know is the first person I listed in this comment. Let me see how much these tickets are doe.
Thats a dope roster apart from the Pro Era lames

Detox

bless.gifdksup.gif

So last year there was two classic albums: Life is Good and Good Kid. The major debate on GKMC hinged on whether it would have an impact on the work of his peers. Well it didn't and he had to give a heads up on Control. Nobody even thought what kind of effect a legend twenty years deep in the game could have.

Well Jay just gave a second shot at grown man rap after Kingdom Come and he fell flat on his face again. The guy who could go toe to toe with Big L could not control a single beat while Nas twisted his tongue around an instrumental like The Don with perfect control. Eminem just released something that is playing around with the old school sound similar to LiG. The album was for Nas' trapped in the 90s ni**as and his peers. Legends listened and responded. We'll see how Em fare by the end of this year.

Everybody looked to the west thinking Kendrick would cause rappers to step up but they forgot about the OGs and the God MC in the east.
thegawd2.gifidua6.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Life is Good? lol

It was a solid album

But it wasn't classic

overcast

Waiting for FASFA to come through, then my mom and I are going to finally get a car. Hopefully within a month. Going to be so satisfying to play music in my own car, drive around where I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom