• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

LiG, trapped in the 90s? I don't remember Anthony Hamilton crooning to the top of his lungs for 8 minutes from the 90s. There's this,

noz @noz

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL NAS THAT BREAKBEATS AND ORCHESTRAS GO TOGETHER LIKE CLAMS AND MILK

Corny Swizz, stuck in the early 00's Bad Boy Mary J. joint.

Loco Motive and Nasty are the only legits 90s throwbacks.

wXYuEmh.png

Life is Good was definitely better than MCHG

IrishNinja

talk to em detox

positive reinforcement. that will bring his career back.

it ain't go nowhere though, dude's been putting out an album like every other year since '94

and then Nas couldn't even make full sentences when commenting on Control

the man couldn't interview worth a damn in the source days neither

Life Is Good is a good album, period. Not classic but certainly a noteworthy "grown man rap" album.

yup. "Stay" > what jay's tried twice now, smarten up jigga

LiG is confused pandering and failure.

wasnt anything confusing on there, you just gotta keep up kams

What is this supposed to be showing?

sales-age (ignoring the samsung deal...) which really isn't relevant when talking about which album was "better" for me unless you're okay with saying drake >>> all your favorites combined, and then bam we're pop-gaf

kamspy

Slime Flu 4 has better east coast beats than LiG.

I can't keep up with that beat selection. Dude has access to every producer in the world, and picks shit like, Queens Story, Reach Out, Life is an Addiction, Summer on Smash, etc.

iavi

I'm surprised Ferg did even that much. Earl was a given seeing the tyler monarchy has about a built-in 40k guarantee for major releases.

Esch

Banned
Queens Story is a good beat.

lol, i forgot John Mayer was still making music. havent heard his limp dick shit in ages

edit: Lmao at Detox, now and forever

EloquentM

aka Mannny
bless.gifdksup.gif

So last year there was two classic albums: Life is Good and Good Kid. The major debate on GKMC hinged on whether it would have an impact on the work of his peers. Well it didn't and he had to give a heads up on Control. Nobody even thought what kind of effect a legend twenty years deep in the game could have.

Well Jay just gave a second shot at grown man rap after Kingdom Come and he fell flat on his face again. The guy who could go toe to toe with Big L could not control a single beat while Nas twisted his tongue around an instrumental like The Don with perfect control. Eminem just released something that is playing around with the old school sound similar to LiG. The album was for Nas' trapped in the 90s ni**as and his peers. Legends listened and responded. We'll see how Em fare by the end of this year.

Everybody looked to the west thinking Kendrick would cause rappers to step up but they forgot about the OGs and the God MC in the east.
thegawd2.gifidua6.gif
Why.....wut?

Queens Story doesn't work imo, production wise. The Marvin Gaye version that Nas did live pre-album release was way better. Remi's beat is too busy. I like the song but feel it could have been a great song with a different beat.

iavi

That beat on Gun plus mask... Dare I say Juicy doesn't even do that melody justice. at all.

E: Yela, on the other hand, fucking slays.

PBY

Banned
Only Juicy J can save you now

I know.

I like Stay Trippy. But it... it's not sticking for some reason. It definitely fucking slaps, but I dunno. I guess I feel like its exactly the same stuff that we got on Cabin Fever, BDL, etc. Its a polished mix tape. Top 5 album for me probably though this year.

Macca

Thinking back, the production on BOATS was a lot more diverse than Stay Trippy. Both trap, but I can actually listen to BOATS and not feel like it's running into itself.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Well Jay just gave a second shot at grown man rap after Kingdom Come and he fell flat on his face again. The guy who could go toe to toe with Big L could not control a single beat while Nas twisted his tongue around an instrumental like The Don with perfect control. Eminem just released something that is playing around with the old school sound similar to LiG. The album was for Nas' trapped in the 90s ni**as and his peers. Legends listened and responded. We'll see how Em fare by the end of this year.

What ducktales are these?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thinking back, the production on BOATS was a lot more diverse than Stay Trippy. Both trap, but I can actually listen to BOATS and not feel like it's running into itself.
Agreed. BOATS not being what I expected it to be is the reason why I liked it so much too.

HiResDes

Life is Good is much better than MCHG, in fact it's better than both Cole and Wale's latest albums too...And it's not even that great.

HiResDes

GKMC and XXX are the only classics in the past few years...Though albums like In Search of Stoney Jackson and Death is Silent definitely deserve nods.

iavi

Released in the past few years, XXX and Russian Roulette are the only releases in hip-hop I'd agree to be classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom