• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Q has swagger jacked Nicki but he's much better.

Q should make a grime esque song and kilt the club because he isn't getting any more radio play than hands on the wheel got him. Not without selling out.

HiResDes

I need to confess something right now, Yeezus doesn't hold up to repeat listens as well, and must apologize for heralding it as some sort of magnificent evolution. It had the potential to be phenomenal, but Kanye just doesn't bring enough bite in his delivery, and some of his lyrics though quite funny seem so forced and lack in any sort of conviction.

...With that being said Young Father's Tape Two is the truth.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I need to confess something right now, Yeezus doesn't hold up to repeat listens as well, and must apologize for heralding it as some sort of magnificent evolution. It had the potential to be phenomenal, but Kanye just doesn't bring enough bite in his delivery, and some of his lyrics though quite funny seem so forced lacking in any sort of conviction.
Yeezus was recorded in hotel
And it sounds like it too

caesar

Banned
I need to confess something right now, Yeezus doesn't hold up to repeat listens as well, and must apologize for heralding it as some sort of magnificent evolution. It had the potential to be phenomenal, but Kanye just doesn't bring enough bite in his delivery, and some of his lyrics though quite funny seem so forced and lack in sort of conviction.

I agree, still solid 8/10 for me though.

DominoKid

I need to confess something right now, Yeezus doesn't hold up to repeat listens as well, and must apologize for heralding it as some sort of magnificent evolution. It had the potential to be phenomenal, but Kanye just doesn't bring enough bite in his delivery, and some of his lyrics though quite funny seem so forced and lack in sort of conviction.

man i still bump that Yeezus at least front to back 2x daily. i cant get enough of it. Ye could not have made a more perfect album for me right now.

Esch

Banned

Ive been feeling this too. Great album though, just 4.75 mics instead of 5.

thabiz

because its all fake. theres no real substance to yeezus. its ripping a bunch of artists off, slapping kanye on it, and selling it to the uneducated for a profit. its all smoke and mirrors. he knows this. that why he only took three weeks to do it. it sounds as rushed as it actually was.

PBY

Banned
because its all fake. theres no real substance to yeezus. its ripping a bunch of artists off, slapping kanye on it, and selling it to the uneducated for a profit. its all smoke and mirrors. he knows this. that why he only took three weeks to do it. it sounds as rushed as it actually was.
He didn't make it in 3 weeks.

Blackace

It is better than his last two albums
Has some good tracks but is meh at best

based god is a fucking moron.

He's definitely a love-hate guy, but dude is pretty intelligent. His NYU lecture was enlightening. He plays his character and embraces his less than satin flow, while genuinely enjoying what he does and staying humble to his fans. Rap game Larry the Cable Guy. He's having a good time. I think Lil B and Riff Raff are the only ones in the game that make music for the fun of it.

Esch

Banned
99% shit we and you post in this thread is ripped off someone else its just more palatable to you cause its on bandcamp and its not being made by a celebrity.

HiResDes

I'm not sure he meant to reply to Ace actually...That's the funny part. I still like Yeezus though, but I'm just slightly bummed on what it could have been.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Did you really type this with a straight face?

Blackace

He's definitely a love-hate guy, but dude is pretty intelligent. His NYU lecture was enlightening. He plays his character and embraces his less than satin flow, while genuinely enjoying what he does and staying humble to his fans. Rap game Larry the Cable Guy. He's having a good time. I think Lil B and Riff Raff are the only ones in the game that make music for the fun of it.

Hasn't made a good song since Vans

Stop making janky sounding shit and put out a decent album

thabiz

99% shit we and you post in this thread is ripped off someone else its just more palatable to you cause its on bandcamp and its not being made by a celebrity.
but im not running around giving shit 5 mics and calling it revolutionary. theres a lot to be said about knowing when new ground is actually being broken. its getting raves cause its kanye. like ram. ram is shit. but its dp, so everyone is falling over themselves to praise it.

Blackace

I'm not sure he meant to reply to Ace actually...That's the funny part. I still like Yeezus though, but I'm just slightly bummed on what it could have been.
Doesn't really matter if it's just to me

Sometimes stuff slips but generally fuck you isn't a good response

Esch

Banned
Its got good songs tho. It got me excited, like a big budget indie style game, and i like it about as much. Anyway the album is getting way more hate than love in the mainstream mediasphere so you should at least be content with that instead of caring about post release hyperbole posts. Thats just how forums are.

Plus its rare that I like anything Kanye does so it was a crow feast for me.

I need to confess something right now, Yeezus doesn't hold up to repeat listens as well, and must apologize for heralding it as some sort of magnificent evolution. It had the potential to be phenomenal, but Kanye just doesn't bring enough bite in his delivery, and some of his lyrics though quite funny seem so forced and lack in any sort of conviction.

I'll wait till you flip on Young Father before giving it a listen.

Esch

Banned
The task force is strong. If Joeys L taught us anything its that Lil B is a leader of men.

Rap game Julius Caesar.

HiResDes

Man at times this Young Fathers album goes into what I can only describe as like Dark Chillwave, then there's like some weird afrobeat/noise shit, it only lasts a little over twenty minutes but fuck do they pack a bunch of different sounds on this.

Jitters

I wish I liked Lil B's music as much as I like him.

Man at times this Young Fathers album goes into what I can only describe as like Dark Chillwave, then there's like some weird afrobeat/noise shit, it only lasts a little over twenty minutes but fuck do they pack a bunch of different sounds on this.

I like it more than the first one.

I certainly wouldn't call myself a part of the Task Force. I just enjoy dude's music. Kool A.D. is going to be performing with El-P and Killermike next month. Hype levels increasing!

Novid

Banned
There is one part in New Slaves I thought that if he used that beat any where in that album he would have reached that "Stairway to Heaven" status and redeemed it from Very Disappointing to "Next Gen Song in a album of forgettable missteps"

HiResDes

I'll own it- red album had a couple of dope tracks. That k dot one? Whew. And I'm not the biggest Kendrick fan.

I still fuck with Jesus Piece, I don't care if it's shallow or just Game jumping on the religious/witch-rap bandwagon. Two-thirds of it still bumps.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
There is one part in New Slaves I thought that if he used that beat any where in that album he would have reached that "Stairway to Heaven" status and redeemed it from Very Disappointing to "Next Gen Song in a album of forgettable missteps"
Ooh more hyperbole.

thabiz

and this is why i rarely comment on artists you guys hold near and dear. theres no discussion here, like you seem to think. its my way or the highway.

"did you type that with a straight face?". get fucked.

"ooh more hyperbole". get fucked.

Trey

and this is why i rarely comment on artists you guys hold near and dear. theres no discussion here, like you seem to think. its my way or the highway.

It's music though. You can only attach so much objective reasoning to the whole thing. Everyone is biased.

DominoKid

get thicker skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom