• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

I agree at times, there's not enough discussion going on, but c'mon it's better than in the Electronic thread. I also don't like how no one seems to listen to retail albums, but merely mixes now.

I agree at times, there's not enough discussion going on, but c'mon it's better than in the Electronic thread. I also don't like how no one seems to listen to retail albums, but merely mixes now.

This. I'm always excited to go in there and find new music, but half the time it is the same tracks recycled in various mixes.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
and this is why i rarely comment on artists you guys hold near and dear. theres no discussion here, like you seem to think. its my way or the highway.

"did you type that with a straight face?". get fucked.

"ooh more hyperbole". get fucked.
So you didn't just see cac get banned for the same damn thing? I have no problem with opinions. What I have a problem with is hyperbole. Saying an album is straight garbage is just as bad as saying its the second coming. It's the same problem I have with people's "opinions" of GKMC.

Walshy

Finally got round to those new four Drake tracks. Not sure if I'm feeling his new flow yet, but The Motion is my favourite track out of the four. Great to see Sampha on a track with him, he was great on SBTRKT's self titled album.

Was it produced by James Blake? Was rumoured to be working with him..

Esch

Banned
So should we be more serious? Or less sensitive? I don't get it.

People ITT don't really have that strong of feelings about much. I just like taking a notion and then phrasing it in the most polemic way possible because that shit makes me laugh.

I'm not serious about anything in the hip hop world. Except hating Wayne, of course.

HiResDes

I didn't know WC could spit that fast, definitely more speedy than I remember.

Late Night and Blam Blam are 10/10 tracks for me, and they come back to back.

thabiz

i cant speak for everyone in that thread, but ive been a DJ for 20 years. i care what other DJ's have to say. When this scene started, there were no albums really. its a slice of music thats explicitly based around tracks. this has changed over the years, but i still dont buy it. its music thats made to be mixed.

and this is why i rarely comment on artists you guys hold near and dear. theres no discussion here, like you seem to think. its my way or the highway.

"did you type that with a straight face?". get fucked.

"ooh more hyperbole". get fucked.
Because what you said was hardly worth replying to seriously.

Obviously there are somethings about Yeezus that have been done already but guess what? No one gives a shit about those underground acts at all. No one is in a rush to put money on their paypal so they can check out some unknown dude on bandcamp or going out and downloading some rap band that thinks they are cool because they put a dick on the cover. The big point is that someone who is as popular as Kanye is able to drop a project that sounds the way it does. It's like he is telling other rappers it is okay to venture out and try new sounds. Obviously that has failed in some aspects because some rappers just instant hate on it for its sound, but regardless those uneducated ears you refer to might go out and seek more projects like Yeezus

Esch

Banned
I always forget that Chamillionaire is HRD's arch nemesis.

edit: damn Tguy thats what i wanted to say but it was too mean and i hate making lengthy mobile posts. agreed tho.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I'm probably the biggest MFN eXquire stan, but please believe me that Kismet is fucking awesome.

And HRD forever has my gun as he dislikes Cham as much as I do.

HiResDes

Man I'm loving so much hip-hop and I'm just here to confess my love right now. A month ago it seemed we were heading for a little drought, but fuck was I wrong.

HiResDes

Okay the rest of this Wreckonize better not be as good as the first tracks, I'm so confused right now. Is everybody good?

Esch: I had some dope rap tapes, but this is when CDs were becoming the shit.

dont worry. im done. i will take my bullshit underground shit elsewhere. it doesnt sell, so who cares right?
So how are you even promoting discussion if you arejust simply going to leave bbecause of what I said? Majority of my favorite rap albums are underground, hell I was one here who actually love Money Store yet I know that those albums aren't what the publiv listens to. It is a big deal when a mainstream artist releases something like that regradless if it's good or not. I would say the same thing if any other mainstream rapper tried something different than the mainstream norm.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Man I'm loving so much hip-hop and I'm just here to confess my love right now. A month ago it seemed we were heading for a little drought, but fuck was I wrong.
2013 is turning out to be a good year. even though i haven't listened to half this shit.
dont worry. im done. i will take my bullshit underground shit elsewhere. it doesnt sell, so who cares right?

whoa. dark. youre bumming me out man.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Okay the rest of this Wreckonize better not be as good as the first tracks, I'm so confused right now. Is everybody good?

Esch: I had some dope rap tapes, but this is when CDs were becoming the shit.

I thought there was a slight dip in the middle but then it picks back up. It's really good.

Just listened to Wale's new album it's pretty decent the first half was really good then the song with Yo Gotti hits and its downhill with a lot of mediocre club bangers and girls tracks but ends nicely with the last three tracks. I give it a 6.5 to a 7.

HiResDes

I'm about to make a 2013 BBQ playlist, this Wreckonize Typical track and WC/Daz's Late Nite are definitely making the cut. Wale's album is the same tier as Cole's, though they sound nothing alike.

The year is 2013. Cole and Wale dropped singles for the females yet Drake hasn't even done that yet.

Watch he drops something next month that completely changes that.

I agree with HiRes that Wale album is about as good as Cole

Esch

Banned
Yeah, It's a great album. People still exaggerate about it.

ibzn31I6Sp0SjA.gif

kamspy

I didn't know WC could spit that fast, definitely more speedy than I remember.

Late Night and Blam Blam are 10/10 tracks for me, and they come back to back.

WC can hang with the best of them in terms of pure rapping ability. The physical aspect of it.

Check the catalog. Curb Servin' is a classic without a single mediocre song.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Who's the better hypeman? DJ Khaled or Dapwell?

khaled.

just cuz like every 5 seconds he starts screaming WE DA BEST, or some other nonsense like that.

even on his own tracks, where its just feature after feature, his only contribution will be "DJ KHALED" and then you won't hear from him for the rest of the track. AND ITS HIS OWN FUCKING TRACK.

HiResDes

Perfect. Even if you don't like the album, you should be able to appreciate why others do and realize that it can't be a bad thing for a concept album with such a high level of ambition to receive praise.

kamspy

I bumped the shit out of WTT last night when I was drinking, and so far it holds up great. Hadn't played it in months and I was getting hype for almost every track.

Macca

khaled.

just cuz like every 5 seconds he starts screaming WE DA BEST, or some other nonsense like that.

even on his own tracks, where its just feature after feature, his only contribution will be "DJ KHALED" and then you won't hear from him for the rest of the track. AND ITS HIS OWN FUCKING TRACK.
Someone needs to count how many times Khaled reminds everyone that its the remix on the Bugatti Remix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom