• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Word?

I'm a drunk. I have no frame of reference outside of Half Baked, a vague recollection of my college years and what Gangter Rap tells me.

Word. but it might differ from person to person. I know I can't fuck with it unless my mind is clear, otherwise it just takes all the junk and makes the pile seem 30x larger.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
We had this discussion about Kendrick. Remember quite a few people ITT didn't think he'd sell either. Q's hometown is LA and he has KDot features on his shit. He's not going to go gold, but he'll sell just fine.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
We had this discussion about Kendrick. Remember quite a few people ITT didn't think he'd sell either. Q's hometown is LA and he has KDot features on his shit. He's not going to go gold, but he'll sell just fine.

He needs the Dre blessing

WanderingWind

The World's End depressed me a lot. I don't want nothing to drink or anything.

I've never been so sad that I wanted to not drink. And my adoptive dad's funeral is Sat and the family doesn't want me there because I'm not blood.

He needs the Dre blessing

True. That's why he won't go plat or gold, but he'll be fine regardless. He makes more entertaining songs that anybody on Black Hippy. He has the spot as the ignant fun rapper of the crew.

I can ride with GKMC, but nothing about it elicits any connection to any time or place. Maybe give it five years and try again, but as of now.. definitely not a classic. Great album though. And I kind of feel Buddens was right about it having few if any quotables.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He needs Swimming Pools.

I doubt the mainstream really even knows yet that Dre was a big part of what made GKMC so good.

Really? That was basically how they introduced K-dot on the radio

The guy Dre signed

DominoKid

I can ride with GKMC, but nothing about it elicits any connection to any time or place. Maybe give it five years and try again, but as of now.. definitely not a classic. Great album though. And I kind of feel Buddens was right about it having few if any quotables.

it doesnt need quotables.

WanderingWind

Sorry, didn't mean to get all LOOK AT ME and shit. Thanks though.

Collard Greens is a great song. Great song.

That's fucked up man :(

Do they know how close you guys were or no?

Yeah, but my bro "wants to be alone" and I'm trying to respect that. Not going to lie, it kinda hurt. But I look at it from their perspective. They knew me as the weird homeless kid they took on. They can't really understand what he meant to me. I don't expect them to. But I mean, shit, it's not like I wanted to say shit. Just wanted to say my respects to my only hero. Fuck it, I'll poor out a Michelob (he drank like, a six pack a day and was still smarter than most people) and hit the gym.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought the album was finished for the most part before Dre came on board?
I know Kendrick had ideas, but this is the first I've heard of this. Kendrick locked in with Dre much earlier than it got publicized though. Dre and Ali spent a lot of time together too.

Also Collard Greens is a good song to me

Fuck the haters
It's a really good song, but it's not the smash single that will make people accept Q instead of tossing him away as another rapper.

overcast

I've never been so sad that I wanted to not drink. And my adoptive dad's funeral is Sat and the family doesn't want me there because I'm not blood.
What? That's just disgusting to me. The hell.

"Pray my dick get big as the Eiffel Tower"
"Ya bish"
"Bitch don't kill my vibe". I've seen teenage girls wearing shirts and hats in the suburbs.

Kendrick left his mark brehs. The suburbs man.

GKMC is definitely above good beat status...SMH

You even following the conversation?

Do you watch movies for the one-liners?

We're discussing a lyrical art and a lyrical artist, so that would be a basic difference. Even so, most people I talk to have scenes from their favorite movies that they can recite and relive. What are you arguing the equivalent to be here? Being able to hum it?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Manga Carda Holy Grail >>> *

Cardcaptor_Sakura_vol1_cover.jpg

This is why Budden is irrelevant: punchline rappers don't make good albums anymore. GKMC isn't about quotables. Lyrically it's a great album, and very poetic. It not being lyrical miracle spherical shit doesn't take anything away from it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is why Budden is irrelevant: punchline rappers don't make good albums anymore. GKMC isn't about quotables.
Budden hasn't been a punchline rapper for a decade. It's like.. the complete opposite.

Though I do suppose people stopped listening after Pump It Up, but yeah.

"Pray my dick get big as the Eiffel Tower"
"Ya bish"
"Bitch don't kill my vibe". I've seen teenage girls wearing shirts and hats in the suburbs.

Kendrick left his mark brehs. The suburbs man.

Oh yea I've forgot about "Bitch, don't kill my vibe". Tons of chicks wearing those tank tops.

HiResDes

You even following the conversation?

We're discussing a lyrical art and a lyrical artist, so that would be a basic difference. Even so, most people I talk to have scenes from their favorite movies that they can recite and relive. What are you arguing the equivalent to be here? Being able to hum it?

GKMC is such a strong cohesive whole that separating the album into one-liners or merely focusing in on its climatic moments seems kinda pointless.

Esch

Banned
Hopefully one day Kendrick writes songs about Stuck in the Naughties ninjas for posts like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom