• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

Lil Poopy. Kid's like a 10 year old rapper with parents that neglect him so French Montana starts hanging out with him and giving him stuff and mentoring him, but also doing kind of irresponsible shit like taking him to the club and encouraging him to write coke raps, etc. But anyway, the kid's parents got charged with neglect or something and French didn't want to get involved (probably because he didn't want to get in trouble for taking him to the club and shit) so he was just like fuck you, kid, and left him cold.

Basically exploited a neglected kid, who thought he was seriously being mentored, for laughs and then kicked him to the curb.

Didn't Stay Trippy and Hall of Fame come out on the same day? Stay Trippy absolutely destroying HoF on iTunes. Wow

stay trippy also destroys HoF in listenability (made up word) too. i can't even name a song from big sean's album right now.

the one where he screams is pretty hilarious though.

ecurbj

stay trippy also destroys HoF in listenability (made up word) too. i can't even name a song from big sean's album right now.

the one where he screams is pretty hilarious though.

tumblr_mq50v8SkCp1qivigxo1_500.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Really don't see what you guys are seeing in Stay Trippy. Some of the blandest, "hey I remember this from somewhere" trap beats on top of shitty hooks. 4 songs in I was ready to fall asleep that shit was sounding so cookie cutter. I mean damn, if this is your schtick at least learn how to make decent hooks consistently. Wax is approaching WOAT tier. The album at large bleeds mediocrity.

Kwixotik

Really don't see what you guys are seeing in Stay Trippy. Some of the blandest, "hey I remember this from somewhere" trap beats on top of shitty hooks. 4 songs in I was ready to fall asleep that shit was sounding cookie cutter. I mean damn, if this is your schtick at least learn how to make decent hooks consistently. Wax is approaching WOAT tier. The album at large bleeds mediocrity.

Same honestly, I keep stopping like 4 tracks in.

Trap Lord tho...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Same honestly, I keep stopping like 4 tracks in.

Trap Lord tho...
Trap Lord feels inspired. It's like a melting pot of different influences and lush production. It doesn't feel safe, phoned in or like its' going over the same territory over and over. Complete opposite of Stay Trippy.

Might not make my Top 10 but goddamn do you have fun going through it front to back or what.

HoF has a lot of good songs, I just don't think I'll be listening to them in a month. I've already sorta weaned off of the album TBH. None of them have that stick, and it's lacking standouts.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Really don't see what you guys are seeing in Stay Trippy. Some of the blandest, "hey I remember this from somewhere" trap beats on top of shitty hooks. 4 songs in I was ready to fall asleep that shit was sounding so cookie cutter. I mean damn, if this is your schtick at least learn how to make decent hooks consistently. Wax is approaching WOAT tier. The album at large bleeds mediocrity.

WE AINT FRIENDS NO MO.

i fucks w/ it

also

PUSHA T ‏@PUSHA_T
"@CoreyBastard: @PUSHA_T K.Dot on the album?" **yup and a couple others**

PUSHA T ‏@PUSHA_T 2h
"@TweetsOpenDoors: @pusha_t #MNIMN108 how did it feel to know you got washed on So Appalled by CyHi?" **He did get busy, I was sweating!!**

we sure CyHi didn't send this tweet brehs?

CRS

I wish I had the money to get into vinyl right now

also DMX and Bone Thugs tonight, yessss
Wish that DMX and Bone Thug officially released their collab.

Also, sucks Layzie won't be at the show. It's pathetic that all 5 won't/haven't tour together.

Kwixotik

Wish that DMX and Bone Thug officially released their collab.

Also, sucks Layzie won't be at the show. It's pathetic that all 5 won't/haven't tour together.

...DMX and Bone Thugs had a collab?

and I didn't mean I was seeing them, just I'm listening to them. That'd be legendary if I was seeing them. I've still never been to a hip hop show. Might be seeing Danny Brown and Action Bronson in September if I can get someone to commit to giving me a ride.

CRS

I'm pretty sure they did unless it was a bootleg mash up. I remember it popping up on the Kazaa/Limewire searches.

HiiiLife

All my friends who are Ye fans say his first three are his Holy Trinity. I can't knock his taste, because he doesn't feel the same way about my favorite artists so *shrugs*

All my friends who are Ye fans say his first three are his Holy Trinity. I can't knock his taste, because he doesn't feel the same way about my favorite artists so *shrugs*

Graduation is probably his worst album....not to get into list wars.

I think this goes back to the discussion on classics.

To me there's three types of classics. Fresh sound, perfecting of a sound and/or realizing a vision.

36 chambers was classic, cause it was fresh. Those classic Wu solo albums were all different variations of that sound, realizations of their individual visions (Rae's mob sound, GFK's energetic train off the tracks style). GFK went even further than that IMO. He had his take on the sound with Ironman and then evolved that sound again into SC and Fish scale.

College Drop Out was somewhat fresh and a great vision realized, Late Registration was that sound perfected. The Chronic was the G funk sound perfected, same with Doggy style.

Albums like Jay's Black Album aren't a breath of fresh air to me but it was a tight package, like a well paced movie. Similarly, I don't think GKMC was a sound revolution or the perfection of a particular sound or era but it's the realization of an awesome vision.

The whole 'did it change the game' thing to me is shakey ground as qualification for the classic label. Can a classic change the landscape? Of course. If you change the landscape does that make your album classic? Not necessarily. Need it change the landscape in order to be classic? I don't think so.

IrishNinja

MorisUkunRasik just said it better than i could, and with examples i entirely agree with; co-sign all of that except graduation > 808s >>> MBDTF but whatever

I just heard Stay Trippy. GOD DAMN!!!

The last minute of Money A Do It is that grimey 3-6 shit. Should have had a couple more joints like that

Damn this shit was enjoyable

YEAH HO

Fuck lil Sean's verse though

hubes

hall of fame on pace for 75-85k. hahahahaha a DECLINE from finally famous.. dude aint even on the same level as wale and yall trying to tell me he was gonna put up numbers. fuck outta here

codhand

hall of fame on pace for 75-85k. hahahahaha a DECLINE from finally famous.. dude aint even on the same level as wale and yall trying to tell me he was gonna put up numbers. fuck outta here

Macklemore ‏@macklemore 27 Aug

Proud of my fam @bigsean on this. Great people making great art. Had to support this! #HOF…

wait for the macklemore bump

codhand

i love that earl could outsell sean, it's the better album

EDIT nevermind, i thought earl had about 75k for some reason
#5. Earl Sweatshirt - Doris - 49,000 (49,000)

those do seem low given all the #control shit that happened,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom