• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dedication 5 drops today.

Any hype? Wayne was a bit salty at not being nominated for any awards in the last year, maybe it's time for a come back?

Hmm? No? Okay...

HiiiLife

Personally stopped fucking with Wayne completely during Tha Carter III period, if Gaf Hop give positive feedback, I'll download it as well. Lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dedication 5 drops today.

Any hype? Wayne was a bit salty at not being nominated for any awards in the last year, maybe it's time for a come back?

Hmm? No? Okay...
I will give it a courtesy listen I give everything from Wayne. IANAHBII had some dope tracks too, so all hope isn't completely lost.

IMO that NWTS cover is not that bad.
Just looks too clean to me, almost synthetic. Background looks like a stock image too.

HiiiLife

I'm using the deluxe cover of NWTS even if I don't have it. There's no way in hell I'm using the standard one. Lol. He should've went towards the direction that he used on that SFTB artwork. I thought the billboard with the people in fur coats was dope.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Worst album art of the year:

220px-Album_Nothing_Was_The_Same_Deluxe_cover.jpg
Kid-cudi-indicud-cover.jpg

Personally I give it to CuDi.

Drake no doubt. At least Indicud could be considered in different "artistic" ways due to the coloring of the cover and outline. I saw an ugly/evil face looking at me somewhere in their.

Drake's mug on the cover trying to be akin to Illmatic, Ready to Die etc. seems so forced and awkward considering the dude will always be Dagrassi no matter how much he tries.

Cudder

Drake no doubt. 1. At least Indicud could be considered in different "artistic" ways due to the coloring of the cover and outline. I saw an ugly/evil face looking at me somewhere in their.

2. Drake's mug on the cover trying to be akin to Illmatic, Ready to Die etc. seems so forced and awkward considering the dude will always be Dagrassi no matter how much he tries.

1. lol., try harder man.

2. his success and album sales say different.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
1. lol., try harder man.

2. his success and album sales say different.

K, Cudder.

No one brought up his success or album sales. I don't care about those. We were discussing album art and wheelchair Degrassi putting out album cover art in the same vein as Illmatic, Ready to Die or Tha Carter III is hilarious. Like I said he'll always be Degrassi no matter how much he claims he started from the bottom.

CRS

Yeah, I don't relate Drake to Degrassi since I never saw the show as a kid. And honestly, the funniest thing to come out of the Degrassi connection is that "First name: Walking. Last name: Never" picture.

Cudder

K, Cudder.

No one brought up his success or album sales. I don't care about those. We were discussing album art and wheelchair Degrassi putting out album cover art in the same vein as Illmatic, Ready to Die or Tha Carter III is hilarious. Like I said he'll always be Degrassi no matter how much he claims he started from the bottom.

When all is said and done Drake will be remembered and known as a rapper. No one knew or cared who he was when he was on TV.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Speaking of...

Drake said:
"It just sounded like an ambitious thought to me. That's all it was. I know good and well that Kendrick's not murdering me, at all, in any platform. So when that day presents itself, I guess we can revisit the topic."

Billboard

DominoKid

new Underachievers tape is way better than the first one.

they're a lot sharper now even if it sounds like they hang out w/ Flatbush Zombies too much.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, Hall of Fame gets less enjoyable with every subsequent listen but this Toyota Music joint is one of my favorite songs of the year

Hella cheese, hella trees, LSD
Selling D, feeling like the 70s
Getting paid like we seventy
Use to roll around in that Toyota rolling seven deep, damn

Cudder

Yeah, Hall of Fame gets less enjoyable with every subsequent listen but this Toyota Music joint is one of my favorite songs of the year

Hella cheese, hella trees, LSD
Selling D, feeling like the 70s
Getting paid like we seventy
Use to roll around in that Toyota rolling seven deep, damn

Kendrick's "rollin around in a Toyota" line was betta

Tokubetsu

16 samples in 2013 Q? The fuck are you doing?!? It's gonna take half a year to clear a quarter of them. The rest he'll have to get remade with a shittier beat.

Other news:
"A lot of people get on and it’s like they’re just waiting to get more on," he continues. "They’re always waiting for a bigger moment to come. But I’ve started to realize that this is it, this is the moment. And it reads, you know? People come up to me now and they’re like, ‘Man, you look good! You look like you’re happy.’"
http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...othing-was-the-same-the-billboard-cover-story

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I have a very good feeling about this Shad album. All of the new stuff has been ace and I quite liked his last mixtape too. Bout to be Top 5 this year if he keeps this up.

IrishNinja

for an R&B album i kinda dug Take Care's cover, mighta been solo there tho

fuckin' thank you

oh you saw that one too huh

What Duality? Duality was top ten material last year!...What are you waiting for listen to it...Listening to the full album on youtube with the accompanying is the best way to experience it.

wait, what accompanying? also i cannot have Do the Astral Plane come in rotation enough for me during workouts

The ruler's back, fam

see as a nas fan now you know how i feel when my man detox shows up, especially starting/ending posts with banners

Well I can say Purple Haze is better than anything The Clipse ever made...

i get that we got it for cheap aint for everyone, but HHNF and especially Lord Willin' i don't get the hate/disinterest, even from ya'll that cant stand pharell

are we sure that isnt Lionel Ritchie

now that you mention it...no

I have a very good feeling about this Shad album. All of the new stuff has been ace and I quite liked his last mixtape too. Bout to be Top 5 this year if he keeps this up.

only caught that last single, link some tracks! also time for me to find that mixtape

CRS

A deep shade of violet.
Kinda thinking about it.
Depends on the predominant colour of your furniture

or blue.
Will be starting from scratch.

Might go with black furniture since my PC setup has black wire racks.

Was thinking about a dark gray/silver color.
Black on black on black.

But seriously go with the vibe of the room breh
Wake up looking at nothingness and go to sleep staring into the abyss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom