• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
only caught that last single, link some tracks! also time for me to find that mixtape
Here's the short EP. Also, Stylin ft. Saukrates.

Kinda thinking about it.

Will be starting from scratch.

Might go with black furniture since my PC setup has black wire racks.

Was thinking about a dark gray/silver color.

Wake up looking at nothingness and go to sleep staring into the abyss.
If your gonna go with black, you can go for anything really. I have a lot of black furniture in my room and it looks dope against this pale turqoisish blue.

CRS

Each sample varies right? Price wise. Either way, it seems like an investment.

They just gotta get it out there, seems like it has to be this year.
They should have had Kno produce the album. They could skip the entire clearance process.

codhand

dat fine china chin

azklcp
glass-joe-knockout-o8xayu.gif

You're right ginger ninja, take care cover was pretty good. It's a "suffering from success" kind of cover, surprised Khaled didn't copy it

Also I was listening to acid rap again....fuck this dudes voice god damn. Way harder to appreciate than Danny Brown's.

Cudder

I'm not gonna lie, hearing Q talk about having 16 samples to clear smells like bullshit. None of his singles have caught on, I'm pretty sure he's just being jerked around by Interscope waiting for the right time, trying to figure out the best way to market him to the masses, like Danny Brown was for a little while with OLD.

I'll be honest, if I had been finished my album for a long ass time and was just waiting for my label to drop it or give it a date, I would pull the "sample" excuse in interviews too. Pushes all the blame/reason why your album isn't out yet off of you and onto other people. Not like Q is gonna admit he's cold right now (which he is). Gotta say somethin' nomsayin?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Busta Rhymes ft. Bob Marley - Chris Lighty.

Big Sean - 10 2 10 video. This song has grown on me heavy.

NIGHTMARES OF LOSING EVERYTHING BOOST MY ADRENALIIIIIIIIIIIINE

I'm not gonna lie, hearing Q talk about having 16 samples to clear smells like bullshit. None of his singles have caught on, I'm pretty sure he's just being jerked around by Interscope waiting for the right time, trying to figure out the best way to market him to the masses, like Danny Brown was for a little while with OLD.

I'll be honest, if I had been finished my album for a long ass time and was just waiting for my label to drop it or give it a date, I would pull the "sample" excuse in interviews too. Pushes all the blame/reason why your album isn't out yet off of you and onto other people. Not like Q is gonna admit he's cold right now (which he is). Gotta say somethin' nomsayin?
Q has been talking about his album being done for months now. It's not like samples are an issue now, they've been an issue. I don't think he's going to delay it any further, this shit has to pop now.

iavi

just leak it like the death grips.

also, I'm glad to see someone else finally saw the light. Shad is a strong 2/2 with those two singles. AoTY on the way.

HiiiLife

I'm gonna be hot if Q releases that album while I'm gone to Texas for a few months. How do you guys like the Underachivers two tapes compared to Joey's two tapes? Figured they're both on that third eye shit. Lol.

CRS

Alright moooooooose, as someone who has never heard an entire Dipset related album and doesn't have a favorable impression towards the group, tell me the order of albums I should listen to.

Edit: favorable impression isn't the right word. I just didn't care for them at all growing up. Indifferent is a little more apt.

This is open to anyone else that is enlightened on the matter.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Alright moooooooose, as someone who has never heard an entire Dipset related album and doesn't have a favorable impression towards the group, tell me the order of albums I should listen to.

Edit: favorable impression isn't the right word. I just didn't care for them at all growing up. Indifferent is a little more apt.

Diplomats: Diplomatic Immunity (this one)

Cam: Children of The Corn, Confessions of Fire, S.D.E, Come Home With Me, Purple Haze

Juelz Santana: Back Like Cooked Crack, What the game's been missing

Jr Writer: Writers Block 1 / 2

Rooster12

Diplomatic Immunity and Purple Haze are the only ones you need really.

Although I thought Diplomatic Immunity was overrated anyways....don't mean it's bad or nothing.

IrishNinja

i see you discos

take care cover was pretty good. It's a "suffering from success" kind of cover, surprised Khaled didn't copy it

Also I was listening to acid rap again....fuck this dudes voice god damn. Way harder to appreciate than Danny Brown's.

when you heavy like khaled it takes longer to catch up, he'll be on that in 2014, watch
also havent tried acid rap yet but that's something right there

also, I'm glad to see someone else finally saw the light. Shad is a strong 2/2 with those two singles. AoTY on the way.

man it mightve been in an old gaf-hop thread or one of des' random OT ones but years back someone put up The Old Prince Still Lives At Home and i dug it, but figured it would be some Wale - mixtape about nothing or Soul Control fuckajob type sht past that, then i hit up the album and was really impressed - just liked dude's style and content & all that.

I get it still bangs, for me - The Calling is still one of my favorites, just love that track + video

mooooose

Start with Come Home With Me. It's cams best album and essentially the first dipset album. It has cam being somewhat lyrical but becoming the cam he's famous for, great roc beats, and some good songs. After that give diplomatic immunity a chance but don't be afraid to skip around, the album has filler. Then check out purple haze but be warned that album is long and also has some filler. Then check out Juelz what the game has been missing and the mixtape with Wayne. Even if you don't like Wayne, check it out.

DominoKid

Lil Wayne WEEZY F ‏@LilTunechi 22m
I'm turning d5 in to drama when I get off stage. Had a few new entries at the last minute that's too dope to miss da tape gimme a min

isn't that what interns are for?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lil Wayne WEEZY F ‏@LilTunechi 22m
I'm turning d5 in to drama when I get off stage. Had a few new entries at the last minute that's too dope to miss da tape gimme a min

isn't that what interns are for?
Tyga is probably busy ATM. Something about a music career on the side that always has him slacking off.

That cash counter was hilarious! Good interview too. Juicy seems like a laid back level headed dude.

Stay Trippy is dope though. Filled with club bangers.

tumblr_mq50v8SkCp1qivigxo1_500.gif
Go watch the first Juicy J Breakfast Club interview if you haven't already. One of the best.

He sounds like the offspring of Drake and J. Cole with a better flow.

EDIT: i take that back; comparable flow. The rest of these tracks aren't as interesting.

iavi

man it mightve been in an old gaf-hop thread or one of des' random OT ones but years back someone put up The Old Prince Still Lives At Home and i dug it, but figured it would be some Wale - mixtape about nothing or Soul Control fuckajob type sht past that, then i hit up the album and was really impressed - just liked dude's style and content & all that.

I get it still bangs, for me - The Calling is still one of my favorites, just love that track + video

You hear the latest/see the vid?

I want to say he's releasing it a couple months too late, cause it's the epitome of a summer jam, but I do expect to hear it in a million commercials if dude plays his connects right.

Shad is one of the few cats that can write a track that makes me think on issues, but isn't corny as all fuck. there's serious merit to that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u9JoEYxFnw

"If it's a big word, show me where my place is in it/
I had to talk to pops for a minute/
He said Shad, this world wasn't home to begin with/"

Fucking deadly.

---

on a completely unrelated note, all my possible plans for this Friday night fell through, Gaf-Hop. I got people that live a ways away wanting me to ride out, but I can't ride out when my ride's got a fucked timing belt. So. Fuck it. I'm gonna take a fucking bubble bath and listen to Stay Trippy instead. If you're going out tonight, drink one down for the struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom