• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Irish, that shit makes me want to see the world even more man.

I wish I had money fam. Who knows how long it'll be before I can even get to another country.

DominoKid

man if i could afford it i would just dip out of the country for like 6 months and just explore.

edit: Chance/Wayne song on D5 is cool.

IrishNinja

I wish I had money fam. Who knows how long it'll be before I can even get to another country.

man if i could afford it i would just dip out of the country for like 6 months and just explore.

aint gonna lie, having a gov't job with a month of vacation time to pay me while i was out sure helped...but i planned things out for a while, bought my ticket in may (not as cheap as the colder months, but way cheaper than summer) for about 1k on kyakk, whole rest of the trip put me back less than 1.5k/bout $2300 total, including bringing stuff back for people. i stayed at hostels or with friends i made, ate what i wanted & drank plenty too...obviously eastern europe was mad cheap compared to west but still, i got from county cork, ireland to athens, greece in just over 4 weeks, at my own pace & for a lot less than i spend on various dumb shit that i don't need. it can totally be done if you really wanna get out there! and ask sdd, there's tons of places in asia that you can prolly get further on a lot less too.

CRS

Cross-country road trip is what I'm setting my eyes on. Would love to save enough to spend a week in a different city for an entire year.

hubes

Was at made in America yesterday. Asap Rocky showed up 20 minutes late and only did like 4 songs.  Fuck him. 2chainz started 5 minutes early and killed it.

Beyonce might be the baddest woman on earth. Only disappointing thing about her set is hov didn't come out.. but I imagine we'll see him today at some point

Hyped for today.. Kendrick, schoolboy, Jay rock, absoul, miguel, wiz, macklemore and Calvin Harris. Only thing that sucks is that black hippy only has a 45 minute set. They've got too much collective crack to only get 45

alright Manny, real suggestion - here's a song that turned things around for me

Last year i spent a month backpacking europe, and while i had some incredible times, about halfway through, i was just exhausted of the western cities with their museums and somewhat similar layouts...it was one of those times where i didn't quite knew what i wanted, but it wasn't that.

I had one night in Austria, and some cute chicks bought me drinks at the pub but i had an early train (kind've a bus) to catch and was just eager to see what eastern europe had to offer, you know? so i got on, made friends with a few wannabe-trini chicks a few rows over who were nice enough to share some weed, and then i was feeling like right...decided to head to the last car and got outside to watch the world go by.

...i guess we were passing through slovenia by then, and across this pond was a small village, i mean it looked like the kind've romanian town you'd picture on the way to castlevana or something. and there were no lights, just a lanterns in the windows of a few stone houses, and a full moon reflecting for a bit on said poid.

i had one earphone in, and this song came on as we slowly passed. i must've stayed out there a while with that track on loop, because the sun started to rise as we reached zagreb. i realized i'd had this moment where i debated leaving my bag & jumping off the train to see this place, and decided to let it pass along my way.

it sounds silly, but shit changed me, fam - i spent the rest of the trip on some zen shit. i stopped planning ahead about the next city i'd see and just found a way when i got there...i was actually taking things in rather than stressing, and met all kinds've cool people as a result of just having to wait on things or wandering about for a place to stay.

just thought i'd put it out there, man. travel when you can...i cant wait to get back out next year, totally gonna put more stuff like this in my rotation.

Are you still in Croatia? If so, you should definitely go visit Pag Island. Split is nice too. I spend like every other weekend in EE.

BTDuNuRCIAEMuIU.jpg:large

Wat

Cudder

Kiss Land leaked brehs

Fuuuu

Last night was messed up. Drove up to Stratford and bar hopped with friends. Then we all drunkenly went to the steps where Justin bieber played his guitar for pennies before he was big. Had to fight off like 12 girls though.

kamspy

There ain't a song on Kissland Abel will be able to perform live.

Aside from that, after a quick spin, it's pretty decent. You gotta be in that zone where you want to here 0:47-1:30 of the beat before there are any vocals, but it's not a departure from his old shit at all.

Haha, kinda dont care right now. Ill cop tonight I guess

yup. I stopped everything I was doing to dl his second and third mixtapes (I was late by a couple months on House of Balloons), but I haven't heard anything on this album that makes me want to cop this. I bought Trilogy too.

Man, I've noticed a lot of black folks hating on Dris now that he's getting some shine. Alot of "there are plenty of other acting brothas hollywood" etc and I get it but damn.

I think black women still love him though, lol. Two of them sitting next to me in Pacific Rim were going crazy every time he did something. "MMM! You tell that white boy!"

Grzi

Umm this Hell Rell is a lot better than I thought predicted...Hell Rell > Cam'ron in 2013, who woulda thought

I'd say For The Hell Of It is one of those Dipset albums that's listenable today, some nice beats and witty gangster punchlines. Plus that amazing cover.

HiiiLife

Just woke up. I'm guessing that Dedication 5 didn't deliver? Lol. Bout to see if this Weeknd will deliver then. Prolly not tho.

HiResDes

...A lot of people won't be able to get pass this guy's voice which is somewhat akin to Chance the Rapper, but this album is probably the most unique sounding thing to drop since Acid Raps...Super inventive flow too. It's quite varied too, so if you don't like the first song at least listen to the second.

mooooose

hahahahahahahahahah weezy horrible attempt over new slaves and that FL studio fisherprice new slaves remake

reminds me of that horrible mercy remake he had last year

he did ok on CREAM honestly, like a 3/10 which is an improvement over everything else

i dont see why wayne is so self important he felt he needed to release an entire body of work of FREESTYLES over the most popular songs of the last year

If you would have asked me during highschool to listen to a mixtape filled with Wayne going over popular beats, I would have jumped at the opportunity to hear it.

These days, I wouldn't even consider the thought. I just listened to Abel's work on the intro and that's as far as I go. In these days, we have Drake who is pretty much the result of a Lil Wayne x Kanye yaoi fic so I don't know why anyone wants to listen to Weezy of 2013.

By the way, wtf: This John Legend tape came out of nowhere and it's pretty good.

Esch

Banned
lololol like I listened to that shit at all

I'm enjoying Kiss Land a lot! on a sonic level, it's coming together great. Lots of impersonal flat like songs though. sometimes Weeknd writes songs about literally nothing on some Backstreet Boys shit and it annoys the fuck out of me

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I think Wayne sucks normally, but the tape isn't horrible. If you're looking for something other than him saying the silliest shit possible, then yea, don't apply. It's far from the worst I've heard this year.

Is Acid Rap really that good? Chance is on D5 and eh....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom