• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

6. Slick Rick

in a world where he didn't spend so much time locked up i think he'dve been on mine, too...fantastic MC, just wish we'dve had more of him

10. Murphy Lee

history will vindicate air force ones as era-defining

8. Killah Priest

damn, right from Mef off the varsity squad over to the top of the JV just like that..interesting pick

Lists we off that (mostly)

wanted to see your list tho, based off Kool G. & some of your prior picks i was hopefully for some surprises

Your Top 10 Favorite Lists:

dead, even if # 6 is some space madness

She thinks her white trash spreads like osmosis
Strippin for cash cuz her little brother has cystic fibrosis
He just wants to play the harmonica
To impress his best friend Veronica
But she's strung out on that dope
Living in the city where there is no hope

Macklemore is Coldvein's, Young Jeezy.

BJtkgvWCEAAVEwX.jpg

Get Lifted is fantastic.

see i remember this as that album with ordinary people and like 3 other tracks tho

Will Interscope/TDE try to sell Flab Soul like they did Q? I can sorta understand the Q push, as he has a cool personality and is capable of making party anthems (Hands On The Wheel should have been a big hit imo). But Flab Soul looks like he hasn't bathed in a week and has fake teeth. I feel like I can smell the musty aroma underneath the cocoa butter whenever I see him, breh. They can't possibly think he's gonna appeal to mainstream, but I'm sure he can have a successful indie record. TDE can shoot their own videos and produce their own shit, they won't need a bunch of Interscope money so there's no risk of an actual "flop." Meanwhile it sounds like they're setting up Q to actually flop and waste money.

oh well. Kendrick will crush the building next year
1049.gif

what will the theme be brehs? I hope the entire album is from a female's perspective. Titties bouncing on the cadence of tingling keys for 1hrs over Just Blaze beats
ahhx.png

Esch

Banned
Flab Soul is basically a discount Lupe Fiasco. Clean up his image, give him a shower, let him sleep on the couch and he should have a nice middling indie career.

Tokubetsu

Will Interscope/TDE try to sell Flab Soul like they did Q? I can sorta understand the Q push, as he has a cool personality and is capable of making party anthems (Hands On The Wheel should have been a big hit imo). But Flab Soul looks like he hasn't bathed in a week and has fake teeth. I feel like I can smell the musty aroma underneath the cocoa butter whenever I see him, breh. They can't possibly think he's gonna appeal to mainstream, but I'm sure he can have a successful indie record. TDE can shoot their own videos and produce their own shit, they won't need a bunch of Interscope money so there's no risk of an actual "flop." Meanwhile it sounds like they're setting up Q to actually flop and waste money.

1049.gif

what will the theme be brehs? I hope the entire album is from a female's perspective. Titties bouncing on the cadence of tingling keys for 1hrs over Just Blaze beats
ahhx.png

You're better than this.

Macca

Your Top 10 Favorite Lists:

1. Toku's 10 albums better than GKMC
2. Top 7 names for Des' baby
3. Top 3 worst GAF-Hop blow ups
4. 100 albums worse than Man on the Moon
5. Top 10 Bandcamp links by thabiz
6. Top 8 reasons why Bone Thugs > Wu-Tang
7. Top 25 classics of the 2000s
8. Top 10 smilies
9. Top 6 Darkest people in hip hop by PD
10. Top 10 Message Boards
this post deserves more love.

HiiiLife

Nah I have faith Aubrey will deliver. Well for me personally, I guess. Aside from SFTB, I've been digging his singles and unreleased tracks that he's been releasing.

lol at y'all bowing down to king kendrick's throne.

oxymoron may be gutted by the time it releases. but Q is where my allegiance lies.

Nah I have faith Aubrey will deliver. Well for me personally, I guess. Aside from SFTB, I've been digging his singles and unreleased tracks that he's been releasing.

NWTS gonna be one of the best albums of the year. OVOXO might own this fall now that I look at it. also i'm excited for oxymoron. all hands on deck.

1049.gif

ahhx.png
7069.gif

TDE got the game on lock.

As K.Dot said.. "dont worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry"

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Getting around to listening to Kiss Land, the Machine Gun sample on Belong to the World

tumblr_liuajo0Qea1qc2q1ko1_500.gif

I've also been pretty dark on this album. So this is sorta fresh (besides Love in the Sky since that got played on the radio one day).

but those first 3 tracks were real singles, love in the sky still doesn't feel like a single. the context of the album tho, helps it out.

HiiiLife

Not gonna lie, Aubrey got a track called Wu-Tang Forever and I get corny vibes from that title. Not that there's anything wrong with the Wu, that track is just rubbing me the wrong way. Lol. Gotta see what this 12 minute Tuscan Leather intro is about. Probably going off about his life similar to Kanye's Last Call.

Esch

Banned
Hey, ive been Team King Kendrick and Prince Jay Rock since day one. I just need the second half of the prophecy to come true.

mooooose

They worked OD hard on Q's album to get him over and shit is mostly original in execution so there is a chance he gets over. TDE was so mad that Hell of a Night leaked. It could be an ok party song. No Hands on the Wheel. We'll see what happens. In a world where ASAP Ferg sells like 50k first week, who knows what is possible.

A proper King shouldn't allow others to show him up. The mob should always be his.

Kendrick already lost when Schoolboy Q jumped in on Michael Jordans. It was some Maximus in Gladiator shit. Kendrick had no choice but to give the thumbs up.

Esch

Banned
And Jay got outrapped by Beans from time to time. Cam got outrapped by Juelz too, but its not like anyone cares.

overcast

Q and Kendrick fight for that crown. Just gotta see how Oxy turns out.

Hopefully Ab-Soul comes correct on the new Druggy wit Hoes, not 2013 Solo.

HiiiLife

I don't wanna think about Q because I'll get worked up over those dope ass snippets he's been releasing, and we still haven't heard them in full yet.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Druggy Wit Hoes is never happening.

TDE is dead. Kendrick killed everyone.

#basedtokunegativity

Esch

Banned
I wonder what Dre thinks about Jay Rock tho. Seems like he could give him some Documentary style beats and create something special.
He has him waiting in the hyperbolic time chamber, with a pair of custom gold plated beats on while he gathers his strength.

overcast

I wonder what Dre thinks about Jay Rock tho. Seems like he could give him some Documentary style beats and create something special.
Yeah, I can see some serious west coast bangers comin out of Jay Rock with the talent surrounding him. Though that dude seems content killing a feature or two a year.
I don't wanna think about Q because I'll get worked up over those dope ass snippets he's been releasing, and we still haven't heard them in full yet.
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I'm getting really impatient not knowing a damn thing about the album. This whole year we've heard it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom