• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

My personal favorite MC list:

1. Ghostface Killah
2. Nas
3. Notorious B.I.G.
4. Kool G. Rap
5. Common
6. Ishmael Butler
7. Black Thought
8. MC Dalek
9. Danny Brown
10. Kendrick Lamar
H.M. Jay-Z

kamspy

Jay Z
2 Pac
Ghostface Killah
Ice Cube
Notorious BIG
Redman
Kurupt
Pimp C
Young Jeezy
Master P

-----
8 Ball & MJG
Outkast
3-6 Mafia
Wu Tang
Goodie Mob
UGK
Geto Boys
Alkaholiks
Heltah Skeltah
The Beatnuts

HiiiLife

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I'm getting really impatient not knowing a damn thing about the album. This whole year we've heard it's done.

And all the sampling nonsense he's been going off about? Fuuuuuh. We're not gonna get Oxymoron this year and it hurts my soul.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
seriously. lazy ass work ethic. last time i heard him was on the very awesome money trees verse.

he can't do a documentary because he WON'T.

edit: danny brown called him ringo starr

vlcsnap-2013-09-02-18polic.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Team Jay Rock is team underpromise and underdeliver. Dude is only on TDE to make Ab-Soul's career look good by comparison.

The cumulative good song count rivals that of Nicki Minaj.

Recon

Banned
Team Jay Rock is team underpromise and underdeliver. Dude is only on TDE to make Ab-Soul's career look good by comparison.

The cumulative good song count rivals that of Nicki Minaj.

Whatever...you dont got to like it cuz the hood gon' love it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Black Hippy just got hot last year. That was KDot's year. This is (supposed to be) Q's year.

Give them some time! Soul and Rock will drop decent albums

HiResDes

I like Doom, Vaudeville Villain and Madvilliany are super dope to me, but his style can get a little grating after a while...Real talk if Blu drops one more good album I'll put him in the top ten.

Jay Rock got really burned by releasing his shit first when TDE didn't have as much buzz.

Follow Me Home came out first, then followed by Section 80, HnC then Control System.

By the time Control System came out, TDE had so much buzz off of Section 80 and HnC that it was perfect timing for Ab-Soul's album to come out.

Jay Rock hasn't released anything all to much new since Follow Me Home. Only song I could remember is YOLA.

If things were different and Section 80 came out first, then HnC, FmH then CS or vice versa, Rock would've been in a much better spot.

Hood Gone Love It probably would've been a bigger track too.

HiiiLife

Don't worry I'll be sure to always listen to Hood Gon' Love It when it plays on GTAV. Even when I'm on missions. Jay needs that exposure.

Macca

Follow Me Home is still pretty good. Really solid west coast album.

Rock has just been powering up since then. He'll wait till everyone has dropped their debuts*, then his turn.

if oxymoron ever comes out

Esch

Banned
I don't really care if y'all think he's whatever. DOOM is abstract and off-kilter and not for everyone. You can say whatever you want about him being boring, but you can't deny how unique and varied his sound has been. Fact is, dude has like 4 classic albums, and is one of the dopest rapper producers to ever do it. Y'all have already pointed out how influential he is by sticking up for rappers who are just lazier versions of him with worse flows and shock rap added to him, so I don't really have to talk much about that.

Yall truly stay acting blind when it comes to Jay Rock and for no reason at all. Stop being ignorant.

Jay Rock had a song featuring Lil Wayne back in 08. You know, when Lil Wayne bragged about how much his features would cost and such. Jay Rock had huge producers for Follow Me Home while his other labelmates stuck with these under the radar dudes. He is caking off them no matter what. He's been there day one. He introduced Kendrick to the game. He's going to release a good album when he gets the chance. Not every artist needs to release something every 1 or 2 years. He's slowly cooking for that perfection

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
He has him waiting in the hyperbolic time chamber, with a pair of custom gold plated beats on while he gathers his strength.

Word up cousin, I seen it, like a 27-inch Zenith... Believe it.
smh, he put out his best album as Common.

Straight spiitin though fam. He was way more vicious as Sense. Dude was doing songs with Canibus and Big Pun, and shining as bright as those cats.

I don't really care if y'all think he's whatever. DOOM is abstract and off-kilter and not for everyone. You can say whatever you want about him being boring, but you can't deny how unique and varied his sound has been. Fact is, dude has like 4 classic albums, and is one of the dopest rapper producers to ever do it. Y'all have already pointed out how influential he is by sticking up for rappers who are just lazier versions of him with worse flows and shock rap added to him, so I don't really have to talk much about that.

Doom sucks. He is a dope producer though, I'll give him that. All the people he has influenced are better than him

CRS

Yall truly stay acting blind when it comes to Jay Rock and for no reason at all. Stop being ignorant.

Jay Rock had a song featuring Lil Wayne back in 08. You know, when Lil Wayne bragged about how much his features would cost and such. Jay Rock had huge producers for Follow Me Home while his other labelmates stuck with these under the radar dudes. He is caking off them no matter what. He's been there day one. He introduced Kendrick to the game. He's going to release a good album when he gets the chance. Not every artist needs to release something every 1 or 2 years. He's slowly cooking for that perfection
3 or 5 years between albums is the perfect amount but in this day and age to remain relevant, people can't wait an entire year.

samples killed the hip hop star.
I was actually kidding but wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Alternatively, he just don't got it to make it. He'll be that rapper every other rapper fucks with forever and will eat by proxy the rest of his life, like he's been eating thus far.

I don't hate Jay Rock, but most of the reasons he hasn't blown up aren't the circumstances surrounding him, and they never have been. Dude is really boring on the mic despite having a good rap voice. For 90% of Follow Me Home it sounded like he was freestyling all off-beat and shit. Really took away from the energy that production carried.

Esch

Banned
Doom sucks. He is a dope producer though, I'll give him that. All the people he has influenced are better than him

nope. everyone he has influenced has largely flopped in every single sense you can think of, and that includes all of odd future who have about 1.5 years till their fanbase finishes up puberty and throw them in the bushes where they belong.

Alternatively, I don't know what I'm talking about unless it refers to Kanye blah blah blah blah blah

nope. everyone he has influenced has largely flopped in every single sense you can think of, and that includes all of odd future who have about 1.5 years till their fanbase finishes up puberty and throw them in the bushes where they belong.

Thought you said you didn't care if we think he is whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom