• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gaming going crazy over GTAV.

People can't handle that GTA Online goodness. I am so ready. That game looks like it's flat out the most feature packed game ever.

Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 9/1/2013

#3. Big Sean - Hall of Fame - 72,000 (72,000)

#4. Juicy J - Stay Trippy - 64,000 (64,000)

#5. Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines - 55,000 (392,000)

#13. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist - 25,000 (1,042,000)

#14. Jay Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail - 24,000 (937,000)

#44. A$AP Ferg - Trap Lord - 9,000 (41,000)

#46. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d. city - 9,000 (1,020,000)

#49. Earl Sweatshirt - Doris - 8,000 (57,000)

#53. J. Cole - Born Sinner - 8,000 (587,000)

#56. Krizz Kaliko - Son of Sam - 8,000 (8,000)

Not sure if all of it was posted.

Shoutouts to Kendrick still outselling J. Cole this far after his release

cdyhybrid

Kinda blows my mind that Kendrick sold basically the same amount as Macklemore. Kendrick didn't have near the singles/hits power that Macklemore did.

mooooose

ASAP has to be pretty happy with those Trap Lord sales. They will say that Ferg is going platinum next time etc. not good enough but they have to know that those are a win.

Left is the ending week, and right is the total.

If unclear I meant GKMC was still selling more weekly than Born Sinner.

Maybe next time Cole will not fuck up his videos and release them on time. Nah, he'll never learn. He's got a lot of potential with Crooked Smile but is wasting it.

also She Knows would be a nice third single.

Esch

Banned
ASAP has to be pretty happy with those Trap Lord sales. They will say that Ferg is going platinum next time etc. not good enough but they have to know that those are a win.

He deserves it. Ferg stepped up to the plate like few weed carriers have. Trap Lord is >>>> LongLiveASAP

Esch

Banned
hahahahahaha this dude said he's the best rapper right now hahahahahaa

ive never started a video and then turned it off so quickly.

overcast

I want Ryan Hemsworth's album more than anything in the world.
Yeah, pretty damn hyped for that. He's playing in this bar/club in LA, I can't go cause it's 21+. Also playing in this place called Bang Bang in SD. I can literally find no info on ticket sales, or whether or not it's 21+ on the site. Can anyone help?
That beat in the beginning is dope.
Someone help Q out. He looks more like a bum than Ab-Soul.
Not true.
hahahahahaha this dude said he's the best rapper right now hahahahahaa

ive never started a video and then turned it off so quickly.
The fuck is he supposed to say?

Esch

Banned
The fuck is he supposed to say?

maybe that he's improving or something, that he's trying to surprise people. The best rapper out, lmfao. He has one decent mixtape. And isnt out here bodying everything or dominating the radio. it's nice to have confidence, but to be a delusional drugged out dumbass is old and played out.

overcast

overcast gotta be the biggest Q defender on here haha.

poor guy, still holding out hope for OLD too
I invested too much into my standom to give up man.

Seriously though, is he really supposed to say "Ah I'm good, ASAP and Kendrick are better though". Not whether he IS the best, gotta have cockiness. Every rapper thinks that.

That said, Q needs to keep smoking and fucking drop Oxy.

Esch

Banned
wat if Trap Lord outsells Oxymoron

ifhcrI2.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
wat if Trap Lord outsells Oxymoron

ifhcrI2.png
If that happens, shit was meant to be. Hopefully it's a wake up call to Q to stop bullshittin, smoke more weed and do better.

But what the fuck do I know. Even after hearing Yay Yay and Collard Greens at least 50 times since release I still have moments of hope...

mooooose

Q has like triple the followers on every social media compared to Ferg. Earl has more or as much as Q but Earl's album had no promotion. Ferg's had decent promotion and positive buzz.

Q could do well. He probably won't.

If that happens, shit was meant to be. Hopefully it's a wake up call to Q to stop bullshittin, smoke more weed and do better.

But what the fuck do I know. Even after hearing Yay Yay and Collard Greens at least 50 times since release I still have moments of hope...

Collard Greens is a good single tbh, not sure why it hasn't caught on. Maybe it's not being pushed that hard. It's doing well on youtube.

Esch

Banned
Oxymoron should do like 50-70k. Im not hearing the single burn, but a decent amount of the hardcore seem to care.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oxymoron is probably the only release coming out in the rest of the year that I have faith in. Hopefully it won't be as bad as OLD though.

lV2kE.png

mooooose

Oxymoron should do like 50-70k. Im not hearing the single burn, but a decent amount of the hardcore seem to care.

He's gonna do Big Sean numbers unless he pops in the next month. You can totally tell that shit is dropping in October like GKMC did. No promo for the release date longer than a month, barely any tour other than supporting Kendrick. Shit gonna bomb. If he released it in January with ASAP after that tour and Hands on the Wheel, shit would've been different.
Oxymoron is probably the only release coming out in the rest of the year that I have faith in. Hopefully it won't be as bad as OLD though.

Even if this is trolling, this sentiment is hilarious. OLD will be great. Possibly better than RtJ. Have faith.

overcast

He's gonna do Big Sean numbers unless he pops in the next month. You can totally tell that shit is dropping in October like GKMC did. No promo for the release date longer than a month, barely any tour other than supporting Kendrick. Shit gonna bomb. If he released it in January with ASAP after that tour and Hands on the Wheel, shit would've been different.
Big Sean numbers? That's 70K+, I think that would be considered a huge success for Q. Though I don't know what the label wants.

He's going to sell 60+ for sure.

mooooose

Big Sean numbers? That's 70K+, I think that would be considered a huge success for Q. Though I don't know what the label wants.

He's going to sell 60+ for sure.

He's on a major. He needs Kendrick numbers. He wants Kendrick numbers. He really should be getting some Meek Mill esque numbers.

This OLD and Oxymoron thing is really entertaining. Even if both of those albums underwhelm, it was worth it just to see the hilarious negativity that's been hovering around the projects in this thread for months.

The ratio of negative posts vs positive with these albums is like 10:1.

mooooose

he doesn't need kendrick numbers. if he can do wale numbers thats good enough.
I basically said that. Replace your C+ tier rapper's sales for mine.
This OLD and Oxymoron thing is really entertaining. Even if both of those albums underwhelm, it was worth it just to see the hilarious negativity that's been hovering around the projects in this thread for months.

I fully believe both albums will be great and Oxymoron will probably have decent legs. TDE may have horrible merch but they are good at promoting. GKMC didn't just succeed because of Interscope or Kendrick.

overcast

He's on a major. He needs Kendrick numbers. He wants Kendrick numbers. He really should be getting some Meek Mill esque numbers.

he doesn't need kendrick numbers. if he can do wale numbers thats good enough.
Good point about him being on a major label. I don't think he can do 100, so.. Not sure. I hope they aren't expecting Kendrick/Meek numbers, that would just be dumb. I think the longer they wait to drop this thing the worse. Mid-late October is the best time to drop. Far enough from Drake, and Em is still a month away.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Honestly, if Q doesn't get a hit single, I think we might have to put an asterisk next to any number under 200k that constitutes a success for Q. I think if he tries to penetrate the mainstream first time around and doesn't have that one song that's got that stick for people, it's going to be much harder the 2nd time around, even if he goes indie again.

Though not a great comparison, the reason Big Sean can do a measly 70k and be good is because he's pretty damn versatile and has made pretty good career choices as far as associations and features go, leading him to have his name solidified by all the hits he's been on. Q says he doesn't even like working with other rappers (though from the features he's got on Oxymoron like Raekwon, etc., maybe that's changing),

mooooose

Honestly, if Q doesn't get a hit single, I think we might have to put an asterisk next to any number under 200k that constitutes a success for Q. I think if he tries to penetrate the mainstream first time around and doesn't have that one song that's got that stick for people, it's going to be much harder the 2nd time around, even if he goes indie again.

Though not a great comparison, the reason Big Sean can do a measly 70k and be good is because he's pretty damn versatile and has made pretty good career choices as far as associations and features go, leading him to have his name solidified by all the hits he's been on. Q says he doesn't even like working with other rappers (though from the features he's got on Oxymoron like Raekwon, etc., maybe that's changing),
Q will be fine. His friends are ASAP, Danny, Mac Miller, Fly Lo, OF, Action Bronson, etc. All dudes who will be caking off the underground and white bloggers for at least 5 more years. If he doesn't spent $72k a year on weed, he'll be straight. Some OD negativity from enzo tonight.

overcast

Yeah. We haven't really seen enough of either album to doubt them. Plus it's Danny and Q, thought they had some good will built up.

Feel like it's part trolling though. So if Q did bomb would Interscope just drop him? They probably have no idea what to do with Soul.

mooooose

Yeah. We haven't really seen enough of either album to doubt them. Plus it's Danny and Q, thought they had some good will built up.

Feel like it's part trolling though. So if Q did bomb would Interscope just drop him?

No way. TDE is now an imprint of Interscope. They can't. Plus, it's good will for Kendrick at the least.

On a lighter note, Just Blaze once said, in a conversation about beats and being made for particular rappers, that Girls Girls Girls was made for Ghostface. Coincidence brought the two together a few years ago. I love this mashup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHtxXidfgEQ

overcast

No way. TDE is now an imprint of Interscope. They can't. Plus, it's good will for Kendrick at the least.
Ah I see. Maybe they'll just put less money into promotion or something.

You know what, I'm going to look for a Q avatar. Somebody has to carry the torch of positivity here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom