• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are already undone. Also, I use my phone for my music and the first thing that shows up is the album art. That was a problem for me, especially with how the letters were written like you ran out of space on a piece of paper, or a dick.

-GJ-

Danny Brown retweeted a Basquiat-inspired piece I made for his Old album.

pl1rKzF.png

http://coversbygj.tumblr.com/post/53761749182/danny-brown-old

-GJ-

That's awesome, man. Will use, regardless of what the official cover turns out to be.

Thank you!

Nice I know you've been doing this for a while, have you been commissioned to do any covers yet?

Almost 10 years now, haha. Yes. Not for really big names though. Except Wayne, but in the end he didn't use the art I made with a friend. He changed it to what we now know as the cover of Dedication 4 in the last 2 days.

I know Pusha T, Travi$ Scott, RiFF RaFF, Chief Keef, Diddy, now Danny Brown and a couple others have seen my work though.

I wish I could make some more money off of it since I'm unemployed at the moment, but oh well. At least I'm still able to do what I love, haha.

-GJ-

Thanks for the love guys :). If any of you ever need some work done, just hit me up. I'm sure I can give you guys a GAF-hop discount, haha.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If you aren't using the uncensored dick cover, then you're not really listening to Death Grips right.

SadAli

Neo Member
Your art will probably be better than the album. Great job.

I rated XXX right up there among the best of the year but have a fear you may be right.

That artwork is great btw.

Just started listening to the new Gibbs. GAF wasn't lying when it came to Big Kill. Is he a competition winner from Twitter or something?

DominoKid

got a Riff Raff feature
a few Future spots
and the usuals on production (Metro, Lex, Chop, Zay)

the streets need that Future Hendrix though

CRS

Lmao at that font and cover.

The disparity in quality is even more apparent with GJ's cover on the same page.

Let me have my hope, please. But hey if its really really bad maybe Danny will go back to his old grimey ways.

I don't think it will be as good as XXX but I dunno why Toku is so doom and gloom about it. The features he announced a while ago sound like a great fit for him. And also live youtube videos sound like shit, can't really appreciate those songs until I hear the CDQ

KingKong

How much do album sales really matter in comparison to iTunes and streaming numbers? Are those even released to the public?

Personally I don't know anyone who still buys CDs

Prodigy & Alchemist Juan Epstein.

Excited to listen to this when I get home.

Great interview. This is why some cats become legends. Work ethic. Something I've been preaching for years about this to new artist all the time. Doesn't matter how great your flow and bars are. If you don't have the work ethic, you ain't going nowhere. That's why I respect Riff Raff and Lil B. Not their bars, but their work ethic.

How much do album sales really matter in comparison to iTunes and streaming numbers? Are those even released to the public?

Personally I don't know anyone who still buys CDs

No point on buying CD's unless you like the cover. Everything is mixed and tuned for iTunes. I'm glad that's the case, because I have no more room.

Detox

That reminds me I finally ripped my 'gold' illmatic cd how can I tell if it is remastered? I have the original as well

Great interview. This is why some cats become legends. Work ethic. Something I've been preaching for years about this to new artist all the time. Doesn't matter how great your flow and bars are. If you don't have the work ethic, you ain't going nowhere. That's why I respect Riff Raff and Lil B. Not their bars, but their work ethic.

Don't do it, man.

I'm willing to give Wale a listen. Haven't been impressed by anything dude's done since The Mixtape About Nothing. All of his features are him doing his lame Dr. Seuss rhymes for the ladies. We get it, Wale. You can string big words together to appear more intelligent.

DominoKid

P4K: The Yeezus Sessions

lots of interesting shit in there like

Mike Dean: On Watch the Throne, we were gonna use the hook of "We Are Young" before [Fun.] got it. [Watch the Throne producer Jeff Bhasker co-wrote/produced "We Are Young".]

Travi$ Scott: That was too much of a smash, though.

Hudson Mohawke: There are a lot of amazing songs that were left off [Yeezus]-- stuff that you might consider to be more melodic or in-line with Kanye's previous material-- purely because they didn't necessarily fit this rough-edged, 90s-industrial-type vibe. A lot of the record is trying to avoid obviousness. Through the entire process of putting it together, there were tons of easy slam dunks, but rather than just going for the hits and having an album that nobody's going to give a fuck about in a month or two, he intentionally sidestepped the obvious route each time. I think that's what going to give it more longevity and put it in a category of records that you'll go back to in 10 years time.

iavi

Hudmo really made it with that eccentric shit of his. Is a megahit with TNGHT and is one of Ye's go to's now. Jelly.

iavi

Having hits = forgettable album... ok

The David Cage philosophy; Divisiveness=importance. Never mind history proving that an LP providing radio hit after radio hit is what dictates importance/influence potential/longevity. Even Ye himself is an example of the successful mantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom