• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

I don't even love RTJ but I can tell you it's better than OLD right now.
comeon.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
They probably have no idea what to do with Soul.

Hire him on as assistant to the head janitor at Interscope.

You know what, I'm going to look for a Q avatar. Somebody has to carry the torch of positivity here.

If you find a few I'll take one and switch over at the end of the month. I'm wearing this one to fuck with a dude in the Hannibal thread.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Marketing Ab-Soul will be hard. He's a wannabe Lupe 2013. The one ain't nobody got time for anymore because we have Kendrick as our backpack king now. I can't think of any angle they could take with him.

Jay Rock will be easy though, and they could probably clear 100k with him if he gets the right banger and maybe treat him like Meek Mill, he's already got some of the same openings Meek had in his career.

Ab-Soul could make a killing if they market him to the fringe tinfoil hat weirdos. That Killer Mike "sleeping with 2 shotguns cause the government and aliens" market.

#PinealGland

mooooose

I wonder if there is any way I personally could orchestrate Ghost and Cam over a DOOM beat? I know Cam loves Ghost. I know Ghost likes Cam. Presumably DOOM would at least respect Cam. There must be a way.

mooooose

In a world where Hopsin has as many Youtube views as he does, Ab-Soul can too. He can sell. He's way less of an investment than Q.

Ab-Soul's making music with Wiz (saw a vine with them both in the studio)

All Soul needs is a Roll Up, a Stargate beat and play the same lane that Wiz did.

Get all the potheads loving your shit.

inb4 someone says soul can never be wiz.. which is true

effzee

Maybe next time Cole will not fuck up his videos and release them on time. Nah, he'll never learn. He's got a lot of potential with Crooked Smile but is wasting it.

also She Knows would be a nice third single.

Been wondering how would this help? No tv station plays videos. Do people still check out videos? On YouTube? I'd imagine videos must have reduced budgets because what's the point? Reality tv killed the video star.

Macca

Been wondering how would this help? No tv station plays videos. Do people still check out videos? On YouTube? I'd imagine videos must have reduced budgets because what's the point? Reality tv killed the video star.
Videos are probably MORE important now, youtube and Vevo are huge.

effzee

To me, a good track is a good track. A video will push it to the next level. It completes the tone set by the song

Yeah but I meant from a marketing perspective. I assume radio play is most important right now. I don't see how J Cole releasing a video would boost his sales.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The real question is, how well will OLD do?

Singles are inconsistent, no real core fanbase (or is there? hard to tell), videos/interviews of his get a decent amount of views still, mostly hipster hype, obviously no mainstream appeal etc. I'm saying 40k max, but it's really hard to call, I think he could do slightly higher.

mooooose

Singles are inconsistent, no real core fanbase (or is there? hard to tell), videos/interviews of his get a decent amount of views still, mostly hipster hype, obviously no mainstream appeal etc. I'm saying 40k max, but it's really hard to call, I think he could do slightly higher.

youre fucking nuts

Esch

Banned

One of my favorite things to do is mention Danny Brown to girls I know who like hip hop. The scust faces are incredible lol, im gonna go ahead and say hes not getting sales from chicks.

mooooose

old will sell jack shit, not that it matters. no one is about to buy danny's music. he's a critical darling. dude has less youtube views than lil b.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
One of my favorite things to do is mention Danny Brown to girls I know who like hip hop. The scust faces are incredible lol, im gonna go ahead and say hes not getting sales from chicks.
This is exactly what I was thinking over. Pretty sure it's going to be x thousand dudes ordering his album.

mooooose

you guys are way overestimating danny's relevance in commercial hip hop, the dude literally has never moved a unit before. has he ever had a commercial single?

overcast

I've talked to/seen hipster chicks into Danny brown. An okay amount at the concert. Definitely a strongly male fan base lol. Like 95%.

I'll eat a copy Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor if Q doesn't sell 50K+ first week.

Cudder

Danny's not doing over 25k. His voice alone is such a high barrier to entry for 95% of people, plus he won't have any radio play whatsoever.

The production on Kiss Land is so samey and uninteresting for the most part. There's no mood or atmosphere in it like there was on his mixtapes.

mooooose

Hipsters don't buy music. Hipsters set trends for normal people to follow who buy music. Danny is stuck in hipster limbo. Too black for the whites and too white for the blacks. He'd be wise to try and perform at places like Ezoo if he wants to cake for a short period as a novelty.

Guaranteed Danny does at or under 10k and that will be a success. HnC did first week 4k, I'd imagine that's what Danny do.

mooooose

his single was so divisive, he has FANS wondering whether the album will be good. the dude does not care about sales. he just wants to put out a good album and then tour.

DominoKid

Hipsters don't buy music. Hipsters set trends for normal people to follow who buy music. Danny is stuck in hipster limbo. Too black for the whites and too white for the blacks. He'd be wise to try and perform at places like Ezoo if he wants to cake for a short period as a novelty.

Guaranteed Danny does at or under 10k and that will be a success. HnC did first week 4k, I'd imagine that's what Danny do.

10k? moose pls...

overcast

No way danny only does HnC numbers. He's toured quite a bit, and him being a character combined with his interesting music has built him a fan base.

He's not going to be a mainstream success ever, but he's going to do great for Fool's Gold. They know this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom