• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
I feel GFID would be treated at a higher regard if Teflon Don didn't exist.

GFID is a good album, no lie, but Telfon Don's highs shit on it, imo..

It's really not. It does nothing for me. Rich Forever is definitely better. I honestly bet Mastermind will be better too based on early leaks

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
ze2g3Av.jpg

man i really need to find a game to play. bored as hell.

It's really not. It does nothing for me. Rich Forever is definitely better. I honestly bet Mastermind will be better too based on early leaks
Eh, minus Diced Pineapples, Ice Cold, and 3k's guitar solo it wasn't that bad imo. Just a reaaalllly watered down Teflon Don.

But I will concede, Rich Forever was good.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Stalley, Rocky Fresh, Omarion? C'mon breh.

I'd only give him credit for Wale because nobody else was giving dude a chance after that debut bomb. Tons of people tried to sign Meek, Ross shouldn't get credit for that.

I'll give MMG credit for how they find singles though. Instead of letting people sit on the shelf forever (Aftermath), they put a big mixtape out and if you have a potential hit, they push it (and then put it on the album). BMF, Amen, Bad, etc come to mind.

Because others wanted Meek he gets no credit? lol

Also French

And dude keeps his team on every major release

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GFID is just SO goddamn unmemorable. I have grown tired of JUSTICE League production, Maybach Music gets less flagship-y with every iteration, and some of these songs just don't bring enough of a strong feeling in me. Some smooth songs aren't smooth enough because of the way Ross jumps on the beats, the bangers don't slap as hard, the lifestyle songs are a bit tiring, etc.

I really don't care for 3 Kings or the Andre song if I'm honest. So Sophisticated is slightly better for me now compared to when I first heard it, but aside from that the best songs on the album are lifted from Rich Forever.

Too early to say if he's fallen off but there has been a sort of lull with these singles. I Wonder Why is the only song since that's caught my ear.

didnt GFID go gold just like all his other albums?

Ross position aint fell off. He just needs to get his music back right.

It went gold but didn't live up to expectations. Remember, Ross was coming off a platinum album that had an unquestionable impact on the game. The followup should have been his crowning moment, like the Carter III was for Wayne; obviously Ross wasn't going to sell like that, but the comparison is more about him solidifying his position amongst the mainstream. Instead Ross put out two singles that completely flopped, including a VERY dope Just Blaze beat that he completely wasted/ruined.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTuCETl0Vt4

His next set of singles didn't do much better either. Ever since then Ross has been in full diminishing returns mode IMO. His brand has been watered down due to constantly weak collabs (ft. Wayne and Drake).

IrishNinja

Nah not in Kendall, I stay in homestead.

ah, whereabout m'man? i grew up in west perrine/cutler ridge, still love it down there. my boy was off campbell down your way, used to hit chicks up down in naranja before i knew better, haha

for real though, stay on top of that shit. they'll bench warrant you quick if you fuck around with it

Summer Madness 3 was also a blowup (even more than expected), which sucks for battle rap. There's video of Smack getting hustled out of $7k by some crips too. I have a feeling this might be curtains for the league, which is a shame. Too many missteps lately.

wait i missed all this, link somethin

Kendrick's just getting started playboi.

talk to em

And yeah, I miss the Port of Miami style a lot, but I definitely would rather him move forward than back.

I'm still amazed at Rozay making me into a believer. I still remember hating him way back when.

+1 to both of these, aint come around to being his next insulin carrier like ken masters but i'm only part time hatin on khaled

And now he's in Em's new video too. Kendrick blew up stupid fast.

dont worry, he's got time for them 808/MBDTF weed plates to even out his catalog like ya boy

not really. he just got real fucked up, rambled a bunch of threats, threatened to air out some former hoebaggery and then fell asleep.

yup...entertaining though, moreso than when jay elec is drunk too

Rich Forever is the best thing Ross ever made.

stop it dom

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It went gold but didn't live up to expectations. Remember, Ross was coming off a platinum album that had an unquestionable impact on the game. The followup should have been his crowning moment, like the Carter III was for Wayne; obviously Ross wasn't going to sell like that, but the comparison is more about him solidifying his position amongst the mainstream. Instead Ross put out two singles that completely flopped, including a VERY dope Just Blaze beat that he completely wasted/ruined.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTuCETl0Vt4

His next set of singles didn't do much better either. Ever since then Ross has been in full diminishing returns mode IMO. His brand has been watered down due to constantly weak collabs (ft. Wayne and Drake).

Rick has never gone plat so yeah

IrishNinja

escha/co: how heavy should i go on money over canelo? gonna feel bad about my boy hosting the fight & cashing him out but its disrespectful to leave money on the table in my culture

Esch

Banned
escha/co: how heavy should i go on money over canelo? gonna feel bad about my boy hosting the fight & cashing him out but its disrespectful to leave money on the table in my culture
Mayweather decision, go light.

Wait are you saying how much should you pay him? Depends on how many people are throwing down

PBY

Banned
SHUT IT DOWN

GO HOME

YE DA GOAT

OH GAWD HE JUST KILT IT ON FALLON

"HAVE YOU EVER ASK YOUR CHICK FOR MORE CHICKENS?"

GOAT PERFORMER

GOAT PERFORMANCE

GOATYE

GODYE

Furyous

Trilla is the worst, but shit it had some fucking jams

Speedin
This is the life
The Boss

JAMS.

Trilla is his worst album IMHO. I'm shocked he lasted this long honestly. I love his music and remember the moment stay scheming hit. That should've been his first single.

IrishNinja

guess its time to check OT

Mayweather decision, go light.

Wait are you saying how much should you pay him? Depends on how many people are throwing down

yeah, im not a gambling man & got bills to pay so im lookin prolly like 50 or so, i dont know his boys or who else will realistically go in for a Canelo KO but again i can't walk past that

Wait.. Peter. What are you talking about?

i ask this question constantly

overcast

Kanye always killing it. Goddamn, I'll catch him next time he goes on tour :[

So I'm thinking about going to a 21+ concert, was just going to use my brothers ID. We look fairly alike. Bad idea? Tickets are 5 dollars, so I'm not tripping so much.

DominoKid

hold up. King Chip got a Ye feature on his mixtape...but Sean didn't get one? at least bless Pusha w/ one.

it's on some early Ye shit too. Bink on the beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom