• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Dreamcast Day
Gucci wylin out
Zimmerman bein Zimmerman, i cant keep up

My license got suspense today.

Fuck life.
Actually, fuck my self. Once again my procrastination fucks me in the ass.
#ownworstenemy

damn son, out in kendall or what? MDPD dont usually even go after you unless you fuckin around on the road, you gotta stay on top of this shit tho man

So there's gonna be an ODB hologram at Rock the Bells?

smh

just saw on Wu's FB...thought they gave it up after the family opposed? man thats an awkward show right there...

Zimmerman at it again

His wife must have been wearing a hoodie after dark

goddamn

kCpXrqr.jpg

ahahaha is Gucci's feed usually this crazy tho?

Mr.Swag

Banned
damn son, out in kendall or what? MDPD dont usually even go after you unless you fuckin around on the road, you gotta stay on top of this shit tho man
Nah not in Kendall, I stay in homestead.

Fuckig everybody was telling me different shit today, I don't know if I had to pay tickets or just do a basic driver course.
Well I just did the driver course online (fucking ripoff btw, charged me $10 to print certificate) an hopefully that's what I need to reinstate

overcast

Can't think of any Zimmerman drops off the top. Chance had a Tavon one.

It still pisses me off. I would have told him to fuck off and if he didn't I would have fought too. Completely normal reaction. Ugh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dreamcast Day
Gucci wylin out
Zimmerman bein Zimmerman, i cant keep up
Summer Madness 3 was also a blowup (even more than expected), which sucks for battle rap. There's video of Smack getting hustled out of $7k by some crips too. I have a feeling this might be curtains for the league, which is a shame. Too many missteps lately.

Ross, with his ridiculous Pee-Wee Herman/Cookie Monster voice on "I Wonder Why." STAND YOUR GROUND, STAND YOUR GROOOUUUNNNNDDD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vTCdmyfLRw
I haven't heard many others, but I have a feeling this will still take the cake.

Man, Ross' career is all sorta shitty right now. I have a feeling he will do okay regardless, but dude's lost so much momentum.

Summer Madness 3 was also a blowup (even more than expected), which sucks for battle rap. There's video of Smack getting hustled out of $7k by some crips too. I have a feeling this might be curtains for the league, which is a shame. Too many missteps lately.

I haven't heard many others, but I have a feeling this will still take the cake.

Man, Ross' career is all sorta shitty right now. I have a feeling he will do okay regardless, but dude's lost so much momentum.

Over-saturation and shitty features. Ross is burned out. I gave up hope for another Port of Miami a long time ago. I have a feeling Kendrick is going to burn himself out, too, before long. The guy's features on non-mainstream artists' songs have been rather lackluster.

Over-saturation and shitty features. Ross is burned out. I gave up hope for another Port of Miami a long time ago. I have a feeling Kendrick is going to burn himself out, too, before long. The guy's features on non-mainstream artists' songs have been rather lackluster.

Kendrick's just getting started playboi.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I had a feeling Ross was trying to switch where he was taking his style with GFID, but ultimately it looks like he wasn't happy with the reception and just went back to doing more of his old shit.

And yeah, I miss the Port of Miami style a lot, but I definitely would rather him move forward than back.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ross' career is in great shape he is building up MMG... I think he is doing fine

Actually one of the best at bringing talent out since Cash Money

I had a feeling Ross was trying to switch where he was taking his style with GFID, but ultimately it looks like he wasn't happy with the reception and just went back to doing more of his old shit.

And yeah, I miss the Port of Miami style a lot, but I definitely would rather him move forward than back.

Ross needs a Gucci-esque Twitter meltdown to get back into relevancy. His last few joints have been so stale.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I think he took an L on beats for his other projects

overcast

Kendrick's just getting started playboi.
Yeah. He just had the most talked about feature of the year. He had the most critically acclaimed album since MBDTF and he went platinum. He'll continue to sell pretty well and he is the current "savior" (for lack of a better word) amongst heads.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah. He just had the most talked about feature of the year. He had the most critically acclaimed album since MBDTF and he went platinum. He'll continue to sell pretty well and he is the current "savior" (for lack of a better word) amongst heads.
And now he's in Em's new video too. Kendrick blew up stupid fast.

overcast

And now he's in Em's new video too. Kendrick blew up stupid fast.
What really? Didn't watch the video, mostly cause the song is straight bad to me.

Man when the fuck is Dre to give Q shine? It would help so much and it takes less effort than showing up in a Dr. Pepper commercial.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That Aftermath Machine still can make a star even in 2013
Though I think a BIG part, maybe even the majority of why, for lack of better words, real rap heads fuck with Kendrick is self-made, I definitely think there's a crucial element Dre brought to the album. He got Kendrick rhyming on beat, made everything sound crisp, obviously Dre is the master of sequencing, etc.

Don't think we'll see the same hands-on-ness from Dre specifically with Q / Soul / Rock though.

Macca

What really? Didn't watch the video, mostly cause the song is straight bad to me.

Man when the fuck is Dre to give Q shine? It would help so much and it takes less effort than showing up in a Dr. Pepper commercial.
Dre has no investment in Q. Only Kendrick is signed to Aftermath.

PBY

Banned
That new Audio Push is so blech and disappointing to me.

I don't really care what they have to say, find them mad uninteresting- I come for the bangers and swag sauce, none of which are present here.

kamspy

Guwop just won rapper of the decade.

Dude just laid down the twitter equivalent of Control, Ether, Takeover and Hit Em Up in one night.

Esch

Banned
Guwop just won rapper of the decade.

Dude just laid down the twitter equivalent of Control, Ether, Takeover and Hit Em Up in one night.
not really. he just got real fucked up, rambled a bunch of threats, threatened to air out some former hoebaggery and then fell asleep.

Ross' career is in great shape he is building up MMG... I think he is doing fine

Actually one of the best at bringing talent out since Cash Money

Stalley, Rocky Fresh, Omarion? C'mon breh.

I'd only give him credit for Wale because nobody else was giving dude a chance after that debut bomb. Tons of people tried to sign Meek, Ross shouldn't get credit for that.

I'll give MMG credit for how they find singles though. Instead of letting people sit on the shelf forever (Aftermath), they put a big mixtape out and if you have a potential hit, they push it (and then put it on the album). BMF, Amen, Bad, etc come to mind.

Esch

Banned
at the most you could say Ross is treading water.... I wouldn't even really say so because he hasnt had a hit and GFID was pretty much a flop. He's done a great job pitching Wale, and an OK job with Meek (who is destined to be the Robin/Bleek to his Batman/Jay) but thats... It.

Gunplay is getting KTFO in street videos and isnt lighting up the streets.

Stalley is trash.

Omarion is an artifact.

Rockie Fresh had buzz, but even if he tried anything he'd be drowned out by Drake this year anyway.

So what else is there?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When you think about it, Cash Money/YMCMB really is the new Def Jam. Sign anyone you can, and let them do their thing. If someone pops, fan the flame and everyone eats. Industry isn't exactly the same, but still.

Rockie Fresh is Drake's Traivs Scott.
I don't get this.

Esch

Banned
didnt GFID go gold just like all his other albums?

Ross position aint fell off. He just needs to get his music back right.

If true, I take it back. I kinda feel like maybe it's an expectation thing that made me say that. When BMF hit i thought Ross was gonna be going plat or w/e

I feel GFID would be treated at a higher regard if Teflon Don didn't exist.

GFID is a good album, no lie, but Telfon Don's highs shit on it, imo.

I'm still amazed at Rozay making me into a believer. I still remember hating him way back when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom