• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

I wouldnt say Im negative on Old but I just dont see it as being cohesive from the mishmash of EDM weve heard thus far. It feels kinda trendy... plus none of the songs have had that same lyrical impact that anything on XXX has. It might even be there but its covered up by all that faux trap jizzproduction.

yep. he's like "in the end all my single attempts come together" yeah, we'll see. i think his last album had a charm from the not-over-the-top-production

i also like his first shit a lot, never heard the black milk album in its entirety

thabiz

I wouldnt say Im negative on Old but I just dont see it as being cohesive from the mishmash of EDM weve heard thus far. It feels kinda trendy... plus none of the songs have had that same lyrical impact that anything on XXX has. It might even be there but its covered up by all that faux trap jizzproduction.

nail meet head.

Macca

Can't wait for this Kendrick/Q itunes festival concert .Hope we hear some more shit and maybe even a date
(lol)
for oxymoron

codhand

im not one for "drake the type a' " quotes buuut

@RapGenius: iPhone 5S fingerprinting poses more than crazy girlfriend problems. How Drake gonna check his girls phone now?

this one had me cause it's an apple and drake diss in one, now that's integration

4. Still Cold (featuring Baths)

NwuDh.gif

Didn't know Baths was a part of this. Seeing Hemsworth in October. Even more stoked now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Huh. Didn't expect this.

Yeah, I realllly love Inland Empire, for me its 1000000x better than this one.
I don't remember Inland Empire, but this is hitting a bunch of great spots right now. I think I found my new smokin album for a bit.

Wenis got me doubting myself, although I'm definitely not feeling this Audio Push after listen #2.

Need dat definitive HRD opinion, know you were into their last tape.
Something about the samples, the narrative and the whole package just feels good. Like I haven't had these feels in a bit. I'll see how I feel after a few more listens, but considering how uneven this years been with releases...

Possible top ten material. Maybe somewhere in 10-6.

iavi

This tape, THIS FUCKIN TAPE.

Hot shit duder. Is the rest of his catalog worth grabbing?

Audio Push are criminally underrated 'round here. Inland Empire was top 5 material, and the tape before that, Truth Be Told, was dank as well.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
smh. all that comes to mind is why?
I keep getting that annoying ass dialogue every couple weeks or so. Does it not let you change it at the top right of the main youtube page?
yea i found it thanks. it was like hidden within some menu.
What's wrong with that? Scott Mescudi is not that bad of a name
common brah. indicud wasnt "that" bad.

HiResDes

Wenis got me doubting myself, although I'm definitely not feeling this Audio Push after listen #2.

Need dat definitive HRD opinion, know you were into their last tape.

Well it's kind of complicated, the attempts at club bangers on this tape are nowhere near as good as Inland Empire. It's also more all over the place, but the variety is somewhat impressive considering the album's best tracks consist of rappity rap and downtempo shit, which is definitely a bit of a surprise. However, their hook game isn't quite as good, and the feature tracks mostly turn out rather mediocre. The T.I. track is pretty wack, and while IAMSU sounds good on Smack, Ty Dolla Sign tarnishes the song with an awful chorus...Same with James on Do It All. Although I really like the Overdoz and Joey Badass features, and I actually fuck with Space Jam it's one of the few bangers that just works for me...Too bad it's just a snippet. Overall, Come As You Are is a much more varied affair, but while Audio Push seems to have made giant strides in crafting different types of songs, their knack for creating bangers seems to have been a bit diminished. 3/5 Mics

It still might be a possible top ten mixtape for the quarter.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Audio Push are criminally underrated 'round here. Inland Empire was top 5 material, and the tape before that, Truth Be Told, was dank as well.

They're sort of the hometown heroes for me right now, so I'm contractually obligated to like them.

But this mixtape is actually good.

mooooose

I think Welcome to My World is better than both of those Cam songs but they are both pretty good. My Life especially. There aren't many songs where Cam goes into storytelling mode. And it has a nice groovy beat. Is that Sen City on the hook? He's fucking annoying. Max B copy cat. Figures Jimmy would link up with him.

codhand

I think Welcome to My World is better than both of those Cam songs but they are both pretty good. My Life especially. There aren't many songs where Cam goes into storytelling mode. And it has a nice groovy beat. Is that Sen City on the hook? He's fucking annoying. Max B copy cat. Figures Jimmy would link up with him.

yeah does sound like max b lite. but it had me smiling

Apparently Kendrick called out Meek Mill at his NYC show

blackmaneatingpopcorn1.gif

Got these off of twitter

"I been doing this shit for years...I mastered this shit." Kendrick to Meek Mill

"I have no time for irrelevant niggas [or] new niggas." - Kendrick Lamar in NYC - RIGHT NOW.
9:24 PM - 10 Sep 2013

"There's one nigga in particular that needs to realize that there's 'levels' to this shit. I'm MOTHER FUCKIN' KING KENDRICK." - Kendrick...
9:25 PM - 10 Sep 2013

YO UGH

mooooose

Man Berzerk is such a failed attempt. Like, cool beat, and Em doesn't sound particularly annoying and works for the song but what horrible lyrics. Literally embarrassing and awkward. I do not "get" Eminem.

Rick Rubin is cool though.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Man Berzerk is such a failed attempt. Like, cool beat, and Em doesn't sound particularly annoying and works for the song but what horrible lyrics. Literally embarrassing and awkward. I do not "get" Eminem.

Rick Rubin is cool though.
Well, he's no lyrical beast like Schoolboy Q or anything. I mean, how can you compete with this?

Yakk! na na na na na,(how you want it?)
Na na na na na na na,(how you want it?)
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na, (how you want it?)
Na na na na,(how you want it?)
Na na na, na,(how you want it?)
Na na na na na na

Esch

Banned
Well, he's no lyrical beast like Schoolboy Q or anything. I mean, how can you compete with this?

Yakk! na na na na na,(how you want it?)
Na na na na na na na,(how you want it?)
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na, (how you want it?)
Na na na na,(how you want it?)
Na na na, na,(how you want it?)
Na na na na na na

The black male rapping Selena Gomez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom