• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Humble Kendrick was wayyy cooler
The hip.hop community only has ourselves to blame for this. We gassed him up too much after Control and now he's a kid at chuck e cheese, his mom just ordered a large pepperoni/2 pitchers of dr. Pepper and his dad just have him a hundred bucks to blow on arcade games.

He's outta control!

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
The hip.hop community only has ourselves to blame for this. We gassed him up too much after Control and now he's a kid at chuck e cheese, his mom just ordered a large pepperoni/2 pitchers of dr. Pepper and his dad just have him a hundred bucks to blow on arcade games.

He's outta control!
can't blame me. I said control wasn't good.

smh ninjas been waiting for an excuse to turn on kendrick

dude still hasn't taken any L's

It was only a matter of time.

I wasn't that big on Kendrick myself during the Section 80 days, I almost put him in the same rank of rappers like Talib Kweli: Rappers that are nice but I couldn't vibe with because of their voices.

Gladly, he fixed that issue in GKMC, or I just got used to it because I can go back and listen to Section.80 just fine.

kamspy

Mister Cee is a legend. The send-off he did when Guru passed was fucking amazing.

Hot 97 is The Source of radio. Pound for pound. First great, then shit, then meh.

kamspy

Kendrick acting like an anemic 2pac.

Spin how you gonna knock Kendrick voice when Crudi raps like he got a mouth full of rye bread.

Fuck Ebro, real talk. I hate listening to his corny ass in the morning.

Rosenberg, Cipha, and K Fox was a good team...

Kendrick acting like an anemic 2pac.
Well, Pac appeared to K. Dot in his dreams...

I just hope Meek Mill ain't the Biggie to Kendrick's 2Pac. King Kendrick can do so much better...

Edit: that hurt kam

PBY

Banned
Rick Ross is like a caring parent to those dudes. Meek and Co can barely speak coherently, Ross is out there making excuses, throwing in adlibs, etc, etc.

Hes like a media handler for them.

Hellion

smh ninjas been waiting for an excuse to turn on kendrick

dude still hasn't taken any L's
He'd have my respect if he went at Aubrey.

Also Kendrick not being really street is normal when it comes to west coast rappers. No shots at Eazy.

Fuck Ebro, real talk. I hate listening to his corny ass in the morning.

Rosenberg, Cipha, and K Fox was a good

TIVp2.gif

Esch

Banned
Ebro and Rosenberg are rarely interesting and i dont like either of them. i cant get with Flex after that MCHG premier night, most annoying 30 minutes of my life, haha. it's pretty much the Breakfast Club for me

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Aight time to get my IrishNinja on

Peterboy say it ain't so homie.

And is Wandering Wind the biggest Em fan in Gaf Hop? Me thinks so.

No way. Didn't even like Recovery or Relapse. People still defend both those turds.

Didn't really feel GKMC. I mean, I can appreciate it, but it did nothing for me.

This is your jumping the shark moment, when you call Yeezus visionary but can't vibe to GKMC. It's sad to see a legend go down so

WanderingWind only likes Wrappers and The Weeknd

Like everybody from TDE too. And uh....hm. We'll take the rest on a case by case basis

Naw WW. You're going too far. Q is 100% more interesting than Em. Shit, I think lyrically Q is better than given credit for, where Em is highly overrated (especially where he is at now).

Every single song on HnC is better than Berzerk man. Including a song that is completely ad libs (Tookie Knows).

Tookie Knows is fun. I like it. But it's just filler and you know this. HnC was my second favorite album of last year and Oxy is probably going to be numbero uno this year. But if you're going to knock a song as not being lyrical cereal then you can't have Q as your favoritest rapper. He puts out some lyrical whip, but he also dumbs out on the regular with some stupid ass shit. Bezerk is not lyrical, it's not supposed to be. It's Em's silly single. Like every single other lead of single he's ever done, ever. People claim they "liked" old Eminem but don't know a damn thing about his shit.

Esch

Banned
Does having sex with transexuals make you gay? I'm not sure how that works

edit: nevermind, it was a drag queen. Guess so...

overcast

Tookie Knows is fun. I like it. But it's just filler and you know this. HnC was my second favorite album of last year and Oxy is probably going to be numbero uno this year. But if you're going to knock a song as not being lyrical cereal then you can't have Q as your favoritest rapper. He puts out some lyrical whip, but he also dumbs out on the regular with some stupid ass shit. Bezerk is not lyrical, it's not supposed to be. It's Em's silly single. Like every single other lead of single he's ever done, ever. People claim they "liked" old Eminem but don't know a damn thing about his shit.
I figured you were just saying things. The two just aren't comparable in general, plus I know you were fucking around with Mooose.

Yeah, I get what you're saying about his dumb single, but to me it's not a good sign in any way. Maybe cause it sounds dated (not only intentionally, but just Em raps).
competitive kendrick>>>>

fuck that kumbaya all be friends hand holding shit
I'll agree with this. I'd be more than okay with seeing some serious shit talking. Meek isn't trying to get a response song from Kendrick though, dude will be obliterated.

I think Kendrick is feeling himself, and he's having fun with this high point he's at. As long as he cracks down and focuses on the music when he has to he'll be fine.

Detox

This competitiveness is coming somewhat from Punch (TDE CEO) he was an A&R at Sony when 50 was over there taking shots at everybody. Pretty sure he has said 50 and G-Unit's dominance is something he wants to emulate with TDE.

Esch

Banned
Those are the guys I thought were bloods at the concert...... I counted about 5 but those were just the ones who came out to watch the show.

They were wearing the same oversized red tees too.

Did you mention TDE being kliq'd up in some other post? wouldnt surprise me they are all from shitty parts of LA

edit: nvm i saw it

damn black hippy :whew

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Yeah.

He just made things real awkward for himself by denying it the way that he did deny it.

Well, like I said in the OT thread, I hope he stays out of trouble. Third time that he got caught soliciting, I mean really...

I lost count I thought it was only twice. I I was him I would look for work overseas for a bit. Somewhere where he would be respected for his skill and could live his life more discretely.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Did you mention TDE being kliq'd up in some other post? wouldnt surprise me they are all from shitty parts of LA

edit: nvm i saw it

damn black hippy :whew

Yeah as soon as I saw them I told my boy check out the goons. But honestly considering the 20+ security guards inside and 20+ cops outside i thought they were redundant.

I mean it wasn't even a club show where dudes could bum rush the stage

I'll be honest. When I was listening to BOATS II, Tiity doesn't really sound motivated.

Some of his adlibs just sound forced, he's not excited or motivated like on first album.

Got a feeling like he just wants to make his money and get out lol.

Start doing what he actually likes.. like cooking.

Esch

Banned
There was talk about the cookbook and Feds Watching got radio play. Either way its a missed opportunity for 2 chainz and Def Jam.... theyve been consistently fucking up their rap releases for years now

PBY

Banned
I'll be honest. When I was listening to BOATS II, Tiity doesn't really sound motivated.

Some of his adlibs just sound forced, he's not excited or motivated like on first album.

Got a feeling like he just wants to make his money and get out lol.

Start doing what he actually likes.. like cooking.

I felt exactly the opposite lol.

Dunno why, BOATS II smacked my in the face. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom