• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

I don't think it has a killer single on it. BOATS 1 had two.

BOATS 2 is a lot of fun, but it's mixtape effort with album tier beats.

BOATS > TRU REALigion > Codiene Cowboy > BOATS 2

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know how anyone can dislike Rosenberg as a whole when Real Late w/Rosenberg and Juan Epsteins are consistently dope. I've learned so much from those that I wouldn't otherwise know or be able to find out from anywhere else. He's half hip-hop historian.

Also names don't matter for albums at all. You have untitled albums doing great. BOATS II had a crap single straight up. He got hit with the Pharrell curse, in the best year of Pharrell's entire career. I'm curious how Netflix will do as his next single though. Has one of the most memorable beginnings of a song in recent memory and a Fergie verse that is dope.

2 Chainz will be fine. Much like Sean's less than impressive numbers, his name is too big and the talent is too strong for anyone to be mad. It would be kind of interesting if Sean's career folded because of Control though, just for the spectacle of it all.

Not saying the album was bad.

Just felt like there was more energy from BOATS I.

Also thought Livin' (Feat IAMSU) was I'm diffrent when it first started

effzee

Fuck Ebro, real talk. I hate listening to his corny ass in the morning.

Rosenberg, Cipha, and K Fox was a good team...

K Fox is no longer part of the team right? What happened there?

Ebro and Rosenberg are rarely interesting and i dont like either of them. i cant get with Flex after that MCHG premier night, most annoying 30 minutes of my life, haha. it's pretty much the Breakfast Club for me

Flex is a Jay Z stan. I like Jay Z and even I find it annoying. Hot 97 overall is basically about two icons: Jay Z and Biggie. Any throwback song is basically a hit from their past.

Only now have they even started to play music from outside of NY. They play Drake and Kendrick and some terrible rap from the south (Wayne). Kanye got no play with his most recent though that's more on Kanye than hot 97.

Yeah...

I'm pretty sure that he would have been fine and would have gotten tons of supporters if he came out.

I don't know how to true that is. HOT97 doesn't even play Macklemore's gay rights song while they play the shit out of his first two singles.

Culture and acceptance is changing but it isn't there yet. I doubt Mister C felt comfortable enough. Either way the dude is a fool if he keeps denying it and keeps getting arrested for illegal shit.

PBY

Banned
I think they should push Employee of the Month.

My GF, who's a white, sorority girl, and pretty much is the most removed person from hip hop culture I can think of- fucking LOVES that song.

Shes my barometer for what kind of song can blow up on the radio.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just put BOATS2 on....

I....

I fuck with this.

This shit is dumb, but I can't deny my enjoyment.

codhand

jvMs5Mj.jpg
images

CRS

I don't know how to true that is. HOT97 doesn't even play Macklemore's gay rights song while they play the shit out of his first two singles.

Culture and acceptance is changing but it isn't there yet. I doubt Mister C felt comfortable enough. Either way the dude is a fool if he keeps denying it and keeps getting arrested for illegal shit.

I think he was being sarcastic.

The entire Hot 97 station is horrible and the morning radio crew trying to get Mister C to come out on their show is disgusting. They were trying real hard just so their stupid show can have a spotlight.

Esch

Banned
yeah im sure bun b heard Yeezus and went out right to the studio to record this track

shit sounds like an updated version of stuff from II trill and Trill

PBY

Banned
yeah im sure bun b heard Yeezus and went out right to the studio to record this track

shit sounds like an updated version of stuff from II trill and Trill

Bun B heard Yeezus and deleted every song hed ever done, drove straight to the studio and rerecorded his album.

That's pretty classic "street" 50 Cent sound. Whether you're still into it or not is one thing, but if that's "terrible" so is 90% of his career.

Detox

I've liked all the 50 tracks released thus far it's been around 5/6 all with videos. Aftermath just needs to accept 50 is done with them and let him drop.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I've liked all the 50 tracks released thus far it's been around 5/6 all with videos. Aftermath just needs to accept 50 is done with them and let him drop.
Just like he did for Game and Young Buck?

Karma is a mother fucker...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo opinion at it's finest. Best I've heard from 50 since The Big 10.
So you agree it's pretty garbage then.

That's pretty classic "street" 50 Cent sound. Whether you're still into it or not is one thing, but if that's "terrible" so is 90% of his career.
The delivery is pretty much the only good part of the track. Beat sounds like a bland imitation of something of the past, with none of the charm or punch of 50's old production. Cringeworthy verses (I guess 50's lyrical ability hasn't aged well) and the hook takes the cake for the worst part of the song.

50 is trying so hard to rekindle a sound that has none of the energy, feeling or authenticity to it that made it great at the time.

PBY

Banned
Think French Montana had more of an impact on this.. Shit is fire, sounds nothing like Yeezus
Might have to disagree with this.

Ye did to dancehall what he did with soul samples- wasn't the first or last to do it, but really made it popular, especially mixing it with the trap sound. See Mercy- shit was a revelation.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Might have to disagree with this.

Ye did to dancehall what he did with soul samples- wasn't the first or last to do it, but really made it popular, especially mixing it with the trap sound. See Mercy- shit was a revelation.

Ye made the Mercy beat?

Yeezus was fantastic. His second best album. Dat sound

New bun b isn't similar at all, it sounds good though. Dancehall is great but some rappers make it look like trend hopping rather than just being genuine fans of the sound (like that shit ass busta twerk song)

New 50 is great too. Positive day

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mike Dean and Mike Will did

Ye added the broken breakdown

Search your feelings young Peter you know it to be true
The track was done before it got to Mike Will, he was brought in pretty late. Ye asked Mike Will what he could add to the project, so Mike Will tweaked some of the drums. The skeleton was produced internally by Ye and his engineers (Mike Dean included). GLC (I think?) found the hook sample and Ye twisted it into the beat. Ye found the dancehall sample and I THINK Lifted did the beat switch.

Until the end of time:
Artists who worked on Ye's songs: Ye is the most hands-on producer ever, yeezy taught me so much, I just went in there and added my piece, but Ye did most of the executive decision making.
Internet: fukk da n***a, ye ain't spose to be workin with others on beats, producers only program beats, dey not responsible for makin it a full record, he prolly paid dem to shush, also q-tip aint shit

Even though hold my liquor is the best song on yeezus by far I think I'm in it has the best production

It's just madness but it works. This Evian Christ kid needs to do more shit

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Even though hold my liquor is the best song on yeezus by far I think I'm in it has the best production

It's just madness but it works. This Evian Christ kid needs to do more shit
I think I Am A God has the most impressive production. It's just a crazy arrangement of sounds that just flows and emanates much better than it should.

My favourite is still probably Guilt Trip though. Spacey sounds, patois, violins, piano all mushed together into a sexy song that feels half it's length.

HiResDes

I don't know why ninjas is sleeping on Key! so damn hard, but they should stop...Can't wait to get home and listen to this shit, I know it's going to be fire!

I'm In It is my 2nd favorite track on the album, beat is just ridiculous. Have you listened to his EP?

"I'm In It" has recently taken the top spot, for me. Makes me want to commit crimes. MICHAEL DOUGLAS OUT THA CAR NOW.
<3 Justin Vernon's contributions. I thought he was a great addition to the album in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom