• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The track was done before it got to Mike Will, he was brought in pretty late. Ye asked Mike Will what he could add to the project, so Mike Will tweaked some of the drums. The skeleton was produced internally by Ye and his engineers (Mike Dean included). GLC (I think?) found the hook sample and Ye twisted it into the beat. Ye found the dancehall sample and I THINK Lifted did the beat switch.

Until the end of time:
Artists who worked on Ye's songs: Ye is the most hands-on producer ever, yeezy taught me so much, I just went in there and added my piece, but Ye did most of the executive decision making.
Internet: fukk da n***a, ye ain't spose to be workin with others on beats, producers only program beats, dey not responsible for makin it a full record, he prolly paid dem to shush, also q-tip aint shit
The beat was pretty much done by the time it got to Ye...

Until the end of time :
Ye makes a quality song

Ye fans: he had changed da game any song that has a sample in it is because Yesus praise Yesus
Ye Ye Ye Ye Ye Ye

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Andddddddddddddddddddddd thats why I didn't bother getting tickets.

Pretty sure he's been to jail, and if you have a criminal record, you'll have a hard time getting in Canada.
If you have a felony or DUI

Esch

Banned
Internet: fukk da n***a, ye ain't spose to be workin with others on beats, producers only program beats, dey not responsible for makin it a full record, he prolly paid dem to shush, also q-tip aint shit

jFcyYoknv3UDx.png
Nobody denies Kanye's output on the boards... Lets keep it real though all he has ever done is take other people's sounds and make them more palatable. Like a mother bird eating food, and then vomiting it back into their offspring's face.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
jFcyYoknv3UDx.png
Nobody denies Kanye's output on the boards... Lets keep it real though all he has ever done is take other people's sounds and make them more palatable. Like a mother bird eating food, and then vomiting it back into their offspring's face.
Agreed, sampling should be outlawed.

So I wasn't around when Earl Sweatshirt - Doris got release but what did y'all think of that? My laptop has been down so I haven't had access to my music, but now I'm getting around to it and I'm liking it, thinking I could prolly grow to love it. Its moody, brooding, dark side hip-hop which I find I tend to gravitate towards.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A$AP Rocky show at my university got cancelled over him slapping that girl. Safe to say we won't be seeing him in Canada ever again.

Prodigy was even saying, when he was on parole or whatever, he had less difficulty going overseas than dealing with our customs BS.

mooooose

Just got a lil 5.1 set up off eBay. It's not amazing, the center speaker sounds tinny and the subwoofer is small as fuck but it's a big improvement from what I had. I'm pretty happy.

i think there was a point in time when he was homeless. he's still hanging on to that look to humble himself despite all the success.

dude needs to get a haircut.

sidenote: if Gaf-Hop were to collectively reach an agreement on best looking rapper (no PP) who would it be? Jay Z?

ecurbj

New album or whatever by Young Chop. Dropping tonight on iTunes.

young-chop-precious.jpg

1) Enemies (feat. Johnny May Cash)
2) Ballin (feat. Lil Durk, YB & Johnny May Cash)
3) I Ain't Got to Say Shit (feat. Juicy J)
4) Mary Jane (feat. SD & Rampage)
5) Young Nigga (feat. Johnny May Cash & Starso)
6) NBA Kuwait (feat. Loui Bags & Johnny May Cash)
7) All We See Is Green (feat. Fat Trel, Johnny May Cash & YB)
8) Whole Thing (feat. Freddie Gibbs)
9) No More (feat. YB & Lil Dave)
10) 1Hunna (feat. King James & Roland Green)
11) I Can't Trust a Soul (feat. King Rell)

https://mobile.twitter.com/youngchopbeatz/status/377644381672833024?screen_name=youngchopbeatz

It's pretty cool he named his album after his sister though.

Kwixotik

So I was gonna see Danny Brown and Action Bronson on the 24th but I have a physics test the day before and a genetics test the day after

fml

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i think there was a point in time when he was homeless. he's still hanging on to that look to humble himself despite all the success.

dude needs to get a haircut.

sidenote: if Gaf-Hop were to collectively reach an agreement on best looking rapper (no PP) who would it be? Jay Z?
CuDi. Maybe RZA?

Worst would probably be Travi$ Scott, Jay, Danny Brown or 2 Chainz.

Tokubetsu

New album or whatever by Young Chop. Dropping tonight on iTunes.

young-chop-precious.jpg

1) Enemies (feat. Johnny May Cash)
2) Ballin (feat. Lil Durk, YB & Johnny May Cash)
3) I Ain't Got to Say Shit (feat. Juicy J)
4) Mary Jane (feat. SD & Rampage)
5) Young Nigga (feat. Johnny May Cash & Starso)
6) NBA Kuwait (feat. Loui Bags & Johnny May Cash)
7) All We See Is Green (feat. Fat Trel, Johnny May Cash & YB)
8) Whole Thing (feat. Freddie Gibbs)
9) No More (feat. YB & Lil Dave)
10) 1Hunna (feat. King James & Roland Green)
11) I Can't Trust a Soul (feat. King Rell)

https://mobile.twitter.com/youngchopbeatz/status/377644381672833024?screen_name=youngchopbeatz

It's pretty cool he named his album after his sister though.

I think I want it.

mooooose

This tape is kind of a make or break moment for Flatbush Zombies for me. They do well on features and have some good singles but they aren't particularly interesting. I'm not asking for them to be introspective but at least do something.

Shout outs to their manager tho, I know him and he's a good dude.

Edit - Just running through real fast... the production on here is crazy. Juice and Meech are pretty good but not good enough for this. Erick has gotten REALLY good.

Man, Death... has some crazy production and really fits their vibe. I love those vocal samples. The production is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom