• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

At least that song was pretty explicit in the lyrics and the hook.

who
He's just a dude who isn't Danny brown

Also
The song samples a song on Wu forever it just went through so many effects. Or it's reconstructed and extended. That piano sample. Idk what song. And obviously the it's yours sample on the chorus. It's a shitty song tho and the name is fucking blasphemy

overcast

I fucking hate the douche bags a school who would say Wu Tang an only know what cream is. Shit made me cringe so badly.

Or the girls I've seen recently reblogging wu tang pictures or eazy e on tumblr. Cringe worthy shit.

JohnDoe

Banned
Why the fuck is the song called Wu-Tang Forever? I feel swindled like hell. It isn't bad, but mannnnn... :/

You can hear RZA's voice in the background yelling "It's Yours!" which is sampled from "It's Yourz" off the Wu-Tang Forever album. He also starts a verse rapping "Machine gun rap for all my ninjas in the back" which is the first line on "It's Yourz" (Rae's verse).

I like the beat but when I heard him talk about how he wasn't raised in the streets (thanks for confirming it again, we almost forgot) I rolled my eyes so hard. We get it and nobody gives a shit.

People are really offended by him calling the song that? If anything it might cause people to go back and check out some wu tang music or something.

Its a good thing all round really. Songs also pretty good.

Tokubetsu

People are really offended by him calling the song that? If anything it might cause people to go back and check out some wu tang music or something.

Yeah, it's a win win but these old heads don't want to share.

I should note I haven't heard it because im waiting on the album.

JohnDoe

Banned

I agree with you. The only thing I don't like is that "Wu-Tang Forever makes you expect something else than just a heavily edited vocal sample from a Wu-Tang song and the interpolation of a line from said song. But it's all good.
I love the sample selection though. He/his producer picked a less known Wu-Tang song to sample rather than go for something obvious. The original is also cool as shit.

People screaming "blasphemy" and such just because it's Drake should get over themselves.

If that new album comes out this could give it a sales boost, if the single catches on. Still we know the albums gonna sell.

I only heard the itunes preview but it sounded nice.

Actually looking forward to Drakes album.

Anyone listen to the new Gucci?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man if people thought Drake was soft before..... he made a song titled after one of the hardest rap groups of all time and it's a dance record...
Yeah, I definitely just think it's Drake trolling stuck in the 90s ninjas at this point. Pure power trip knowing the entire Wu can be at his feet for a feature, so even Wu heads can't really say shit.

It's a dumb name because it hardly reflects the record.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yeah, I definitely just think it's Drake trolling stuck in the 90s ninjas at this point. Pure power trip knowing the entire Wu can be at his feet for a feature, so even Wu heads can't really say shit.

My only issue. I couldn't care less about it being Drake. I'd be saying the same shit if Kendrick or Cole used the name. :/

Basically Underground Kings lyrically fit the title even though he named it after UGK. Song isn't bad but why call it Wu Tang Forever other than the sample and chanting Its Yourz it had nothing to do with the song.

Esch

Banned
I mean how are you gonna title a song called Wu Tang Forever and then make it some simp shit. Pure, unadulterated trolling. The song itself is just boring.

If that new album comes out this could give it a sales boost, if the single catches on. Still we know the albums gonna sell.

Wu Tang awareness will get a nice bump from this from casul hip-hop listeners hope it leads to checking out their material.

there's an edge to him when he raises his voice on that one verse though. should have just kept that energy throughout.

and yeah the message of the song clashes with the title.

DominoKid

yep. another banger. i posted a few of the standout tracks a page or so back.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NWTS is sounding a clusterfuck ATM.

Haven't completely lost hope yet, since we still have to hear the Jhene Aiko record, Tuscan Leather, the HudMo joint and Paris Morton Music II, but still. So many different sounds, nothing really strong thematically over what we've heard. Just sounds like a mush of records.

I got super excited when I heard 5AM in Toronto because that was a really cool sound that mixed boom bap elements with some electronic with the production, and Drake definitely brought it lyrically. Then Started From The Bottom was.. okay. Grew on me over time and I thought hey I could see this on an album with 5AM in Toronto. Then we got hit with these curveballs.

Esch

Banned
there's an edge to him when he raises his voice on that one verse though. should have just kept that energy throughout.

stop-it-five.jpg

Shit is straight ambien. I'd rather listen to Flab Soul than this.

NWTS is sounding a clusterfuck ATM.

Haven't completely lost hope yet, since we still have to hear the Jhene Aiko record, Tuscan Leather, the HudMo joint and Paris Morton Music II, but still. So many different sounds, nothing really strong thematically over what we've heard. Just sounds like a mush of records.

I got super excited when I heard 5AM in Toronto because that was a really cool sound that mixed boom bap elements with some electronic with the production, and Drake definitely brought it lyrically. Then Started From The Bottom was.. okay. Grew on me over time and I thought hey I could see this on an album with 5AM in Toronto. Then we got hit with these curveballs.
Well, these songs aren't on the album.

SFTB is oops

HiiiLife

Lmao this dude on Twitter. Yoooooo.

@robinlundberg: Just heard Drake's new song "Wu-Tang Forever". On the Wu-Tang scale I give it a U-God.

smh i hope asap rocky doesn't drop a verse on this though. it's already been heard

"pretty muthafucka it's yours, pull down these raf simons drawws" etc. etc.

edit: @HRD those goddamn swedish kids are making pretty decent music. Still bumpin that GRXGVR ep

wat

Started From The Bottom is on the album.

Only 5AM in Toronto isn't.

I see that already edited. Either way I think sound wise Hold On We're Going Home fits more than 5am in Toronto for sure. Doesn't sound like a mess at all to me. They all have that spacious feeling in the beats. Hard to explain. Kinda same atmospheric sound to them.

smh i hope asap rocky doesn't drop a verse on this though. it's already been heard

"pretty muthafucka it's yours, pull down these raf simons drawws" etc. etc.

edit: @HRD those goddamn swedish kids are making pretty decent music. Still bumpin that GRXGVR ep

Nah, I imagine he would call him Young Pretty Bastard

HiiiLife

The song is nothing special to me. But I don't think it's trash like the reactions I'm seeing. Meh hook. Sweet beat by 40. And dope verses from Aubrey. It's decent.

According to TMZ, Chief Keef was ordered to jail for missing a court-mandated child support hearing.
The hearing was set for September 5th, was to address Keef’s failure to pay roughly $20,000 in child support payments. Chief Keef reportedly no-showed the hearing and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.

Surprise surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom