• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is a great idea. We should all come up with submissions and i'll include the best of the best. I love CRS's Mass Effect Shepard, but it's a bit old. HOWEVER, that's the perfect idea.
Kendrick in a Nomura lineup
Papoose as Navi from TLoZ (text bubble: STFU Navi")
Peter Molyneux talking about how awesome Act II is
Wale photoshopped onto a Wailord taking an L.
Pusha T, your single is in another castle.
Gucci Mane as Psycho Mantis
Someone needs to take this picture and turn it into a stuck in the 90s ninja hideout, this could be the title banner:

94780-200089-hardcoregamerjpg-620x.jpg

I could help with photoshop if need be.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Isn't that at most shows?

How often do artists change their show when having back to back shows?

Only big difference I usually notice is they obviously shoutout the city that they're in and say that it's their favorite haha

Setlists change from city to city, special guests come out, freestyles, etc. Hell, you are in Houston and you don't have Bun B come out for Big Pimpin' or Paul Wall for Drive Slow? Beyoncé doesn't come out for Bonnie and Clyde? Shows can vary from city to city. I posted here about it the day after WTT in Houston. It just seemed so scripted, so over produced that emotion was kind of lacking. I guess that was my point.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
ifxHHceMOa6Rr.png
I bet if you asked them they wouldn't even be mad. Hell they probably appreciate it. The fans take that shit more seriously than the rappers do.

probably ... its just.... drake is crossing the streams man.

The song isn't bad either but come wu tang is a brand. Drake already has draped himself in other artist glory with the aaliyah and UGK stuff.... Wu-tang is a step too far.

I want to hear what the Wu says man. Did drake ask permission of anyone one? did they collaborate on it in any fashion.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
probably ... its just.... drake is crossing the streams man.

The song isn't bad either but come wu tang is a brand. Drake already has draped himself in other artist glory with the aaliyah and UGK stuff.... Wu-tang is a step too far.

I want to hear what the Wu says man. Did drake ask permission of anyone one? did they collaborate on it in any fashion.
If you care about respect for the person's legacy beyond immediate family, Aaliyah was too far without talking to Timbo or Missy. At least Drake had the Bun B cosign for UGK, plus living in the south and all.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If you care about respect for the person's legacy beyond immediate family, Aaliyah was too far without talking to Timbo or Missy. At least Drake had the Bun B cosign for UGK, plus living in the south and all.

yeah didn't timbo and missy hint they felt it was disrespectful

Shouldn't Wu know if one of their own songs were being sampled? I think they wouldn't even care.

who knows who owns those rights man. The Wu-tang is one of the most convoluted contractual agreements on the books.

HiiiLife

Well I mean I'm sure they're concerned about getting their pay from the sample, but I dunno if they're even worried about him naming it Wu-Tang Forever or even if the track was done "justice". Like CRS and Domino said, aside from the money from the song, I'm assuming they couldn't care less about how the actual song is.

Esch

Banned
Why would they sample the wu instead of sampling the same thing Its Yourz sampled, reworking it and paying for that instead

I think Drake did it just to do it. Get fans mad, show that he doesn't give a fuck and can do it.

Anyone could have done it if they paid to clear the sample. I just don't see the big deal at all.

Sample WuTang Forever, called the track Wu Tang Forever. -shrug-

The track itself sounds pretty lame tho.

DominoKid

It would've made more sense to call it something else but it's funny as hell how mad it's making people.

Gotta say out of all the songs released in the NWTS cycle this is definitely my favorite.

Wu Forever is a pretty nice track but why the name? Is it a sideways endorsement? Did he just feel like it?

I feel like this is some upper echelon trolling

DominoKid

I love that Chop has his own personal autotune hook guy.

Mixtape bangs but Chop needs to diversify like Lex.

using the superior, true-to-life Precious cover too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom