• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldvein

Banned
i mean yeah the animation is great but it doesnt make me go "damn i need that game".

been knocking people down and killing them while they were helpless since GTA3

codhand

i just preordered it at lunch, dude said are you coming to the midnight launch? i was like nah, probably not, he goes, "if you do, get here between 6pm-11pm to get a ticket to buy the game"

.....yeah 6pm for a midnight launch....fuk dot.

thats who I thought it was.

lol

i just preordered it at lunch, dude said are you coming to the midnight launch, i was like nah probably not, he goes, "if you do, get here between 6pm-11pm to get a ticket to buy the game

Man, we got 24 hour supermarkets here that sell games. Go in the day before and ask someone for the game and they give it to you.

Although the last time I bought a game on release day was GTA IV

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There has been too much incredible stuff I've seen on these bootleg GTA V streams. Just walk into the first page of the spoiler thread and goddamn them GIFs. If the missions deliver, it's already on track to be the best open world game ever.

Enzo did you get the Yeezus tickets?
Yeah fam. Wednesday show though.

Also 2 Chainz seems pretty chill about his album tanking. They ask him directly about Def Jam/undershipping.

thabiz

so i watched star trek:into darkness last night. besides it being a piece of shit, it reaffirmed my most hated movie trend right now. why does a film need music, the whole fucking time? it never stopped. ever. wasnt even a good score. it was that annoying nolan string shit. fucking maddening.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Both Star Trek reboot movies are dope, and that's coming from a big Star Trek fan. They're great interpolations of the essence of the franchise, with a bit more comedy and less inconsistencies. Net gain.

DominoKid

I have Into Darkness sitting on my computer but I haven't watched it yet. First one was cool though.

Inspectah Deck ‏@INSpectahDECKWU 5h
GM fam! Woke up to a lot of @Drake disses... WTH? The homey did a song about us right? Is that not love/respect? Or did I miss sum'n?

Deck's check cleared.

Touchdown

Banned
I'm usually in Popgaf but since we were closed down (bein' the true gangstas that we are) I decided to wander in here... Just saying hi. =)

ipNoS8gIPpNao.gif

Also some more pics from Nas' 40th.

tumblr_mt2nq3NdmK1rayi6uo2_1280.jpg

codhand

^not bout that sort of gif life fam

so i watched star trek:into darkness last night. besides it being a piece of shit, it reaffirmed my most hated movie trend right now. why does a film need music, the whole fucking time? it never stopped. ever. wasnt even a good score. it was that annoying nolan string shit. fucking maddening.

damn, my roommate says "hey im gonna watch star trek again, while i still have it On Demand, do you wanna watch it with me??"

ugh, hate being put on the spot, but i said "ssssuuure...."

that movie blows six separate but equal donkey dicks,

i hate current movies, you could replace each member of the Enterprise with an Avenger, and I wouldnt notice a fucking difference..

Into Darkness had a bit too much action for me. This is coming from an action movie fan too. It felt like there was something exploding or someone dying every 15 to 20 mins that by the time I reached the end I felt overexposed to the whole thing. Felt numb and no longer meant anything.

I think that's a bit sad too honestly cause it had even more scenes than Fast and furious 7.

I like the first JJ Abrams Star trek movie too. I liked it a lot.

thabiz

Into Darkness had a bit too much action for me. This is coming from an action movie fan too. It felt like there was something exploding or someone dying every 15 to 20 mins that by the time I reached the end I felt overexposed to the whole thing. Felt numb and no longer meant anything.

I think that's a bit sad too honestly cause it had even more scenes than Fast and furious 7.

this is most movies these days. it just never stops. whether it be the action, the editing, the music. its mind numbing. truly this is the add age of film making.

Inspectah Deck ‏@INSpectahDECKWU 5h
GM fam! Woke up to a lot of @Drake disses... WTH? The homey did a song about us right? Is that not love/respect? Or did I miss sum'n?

Deck's check cleared.

Even Wu knows this a good thing. They getting paid from the sample, they getting word of mouth out.

Wu tang are virtual nobodies at this stage. The 20th anniversary album won't sell shit. But they guaranteed some sales from people discovering wu from Drake naming the song that.

Even the old albums may see some sales here and there from it. Drake is massive globally.

Really don't understand how anyone can see this as a bad thing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I feel like they contextualize it pretty well. None of the action scenes felt unnecessary to me (this applies to all scenes at large), or like they had a mandate for shoehorn something explody in.

I think they could dial down some of the "the ship is fucked right now" stuff because that loses impact especially if you've seen the first, and focus more on the bridge [interactions] like the old series', but otherwise I didn't think it was too much.

Plus it gave us some cool ship warfare, so yeah, the more of that the merrier.

DominoKid

Even Wu knows this a good thing. They getting paid from the sample, they getting word of mouth out.

Wu tang are virtual nobodies at this stage. The 20th anniversary album won't sell shit. But they guaranteed some sales from people discovering wu from Drake naming the song that.

Even the old albums may see some sales here and there from it. Drake is massive globally.

Really don't understand how anyone can see this as a bad thing.

pretty much. mad Wu stans looking dumb as hell right now.

Wu Tang Clan ✔ @WuTangClan
HOW CAN WU FANS BE MAD A DRAKE LET ALONE WUTANG FOR PAYING HOMAGE ?

CRS

Wu-Tang Clan

the legendary group sampled on Drake's new single "Wu-Tang Forever"

and performing hits such as C.R.E.A.M.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Popped a Molly and in definitely sweating. Whooooooooo. So have we collected all the beats for gaf tape on one place? The only finished beats I have are codhands. And I've written some shit for beat 3 and beat 4.

Popped a Molly and in definitely sweating. Whooooooooo. So have we collected all the beats for gaf tape on one place? The only finished beats I have are codhands. And I've written some shit for beat 3 and beat 4.
I got something to Peters soul beat. Email me on what you have for beat 3. I'll send what I have tomorrow evening

Im happy being not real then.

WuForever is great no doubt, but overall 36 chambers takes it. Such a different sound

RZA went insane with the sound on Wu 4ever. Just like Primo with Jeru The Damaja. It changed the game. Everyone mature to sound and lyrics. Yeah, 36 is RAW, but is not 4ever when it comes to beats and bars.

what is this fuckery? 36 > forever.

LOL, no. You haven't heard forever in forever....Just like people here though Immobilarity from Rae sucked, until I proved people wrong here. Because they thought they listen to it like that...Nostalgia is a motherfucker.

codhand

wait did you just say this:

wrath of math > sun rises in the east
forever > 36 chambers

?

simply stunning.

Two words;

Black, Shampoo.

RZA went insane with the sound on Wu 4ever. Just like Primo with Jeru The Damaja. It changed the game. Everyone mature to sound and lyrics. Yeah, 36 is RAW, but is not 4ever when it comes to beats and bars.

I really think an argument can be made for Wu>36. They stepped it up lyrically, and yeah RZA nailed the production. In terms of quality songs there really is an argument to be made.

36 Chambers was just special though I guess, nothing sounds like it even today imo.

Can't cosign that Immobilarity love though, hated that album. Couple of okay songs but overall shit was trash

thabiz

LOL, no. You haven't heard forever in forever....Just like people here though Immobilarity from Rae sucked, until I proved people wrong here. Because they thought they listen to it like that...Nostalgia is a motherfucker.
I listened to forever last week. its good, but not 36 good. nothing to do with nostalgia, but carry on with the assumptions on what i listen to and when.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I got something to Peters soul beat. Email me on what you have for beat 3. I'll send what I have tomorrow evening

I am high as fuck right now and its 2:40 in the morning so imma try to get some shit recorded tommorow and sent to you.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Alright, my sis is bailing from the Yeezus show but she can still grab me a ticket. Anyone think this shit will be worth watching from lower nosebleeds and alone?

sun rises shares a lot more in common with 36 chambers than forever

Thats not the conversation we're having. I mentioned game changer. That track from Jeru made producers get out of "That Jazz" sound. 4EVER style of production is the Blueprint for every underground producer till this day.

RZA exec producing was more important than who provided the actual beats.

yup. RZA has great ears..But suck at beats at times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom