• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Well, somebody's stanning got out of hand, but it wasn't Esch.

You Yeezus disciplines need to step away from the cloister every now and again
Ye is the GOAT tho. Classics on classics.

Yeezus doesn't mind throwing Jay a pity verse or beat, or letting him borrow Ricky Rubin for a few minutes to shoot a promo- Gawdye is truly generous.

Esch

Banned
Point still stands about Jay coasting for a decade breh...that's my point. At the end of the day Jay is a great rapper with undeniable classic material, but he is also one of the most one dimensional rappers.
You aren't one dimensional if you rock a variety of songs, sounds, topics and eras. That's just a fact. Coasting, I don't deny that. He should definitely retire for everything but the occasional feature, but I can't help but feel he has a swansong left in him somewhere maybe.

And at this rate he's following Nas' late 90s blueprint of stringing together bad albums. Perfect time for Nas to capitalize with great albums but his beat selection is so bad I can't trust him. Just get Q-Tip to exec produce, god dammit.
You mean late 90s... and mid naughties... and late naughties...

It Was Written came out in 1996 breh. I'd say Nas did well in the mid 90s to put it lightly. And in 95 he was dropping classic verses for Raekwon and Mobb Deep.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Yeezus doesn't mind throwing Jay a pity verse or beat, or letting him borrow Ricky Rubin for a few minutes to shoot a promo- Gawdye is truly generous.

pitiful verses all around

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Straight up, Ye deserves to be in the conversation at least. But it's a convo that Jay was in for almost a decade before Kanye made a single hit. Give credit where it's due. There's no shortage of greatness to go around, no need to try to unsuccessfully tear down a legend in the game to give props to another legend.

MCHG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yeezus tho

Esch

Banned
esch stanning is boring his points are well articulated and thought out it makes for a decent discussion but it quickly devolves into 10 people making the same point against 1 guy and the 1 guy respond to everyone over and over

just lose yourself in your delusions dude

The only person I stan for is Jay and only because GAF-HOP hates on him constantly, I wouldn't even stan for him if y'all didn't honestly. Like I shit on Nas a lot but I like him maybe only a little less than Jay, but y'all shitting on Jay makes me go back and listen to more Jay which makes me hate Nas more. I think the term stan applies some sort of retard irrationality toward an artist and I don't really feel that ever. I do get turbo hyped when I hear something new from him though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who is the biggest stan in GAF-Hop?

We need to send our Iron Fist representative out for battle against various Pop-GAF stans from the other Seven Cities of Heaven.

Esch

Banned
It Was Written came out in 1996 breh. I'd say Nas did well in the mid 90s to put it lightly. And in 95 he was dropping classic verses for Raekwon and Mobb Deep.

IWW is a classic. BUT, It's retroactive love that it receives is a classic example of Nas stan doublestandardery, because it's pretty much Nas dickriding Rae and Ghost's style w/ the mafioso shit. this is undeniable. He wasn't running shit, only being a follower.

mooooose

The only person I stan for is Jay and only because GAF-HOP hates on him constantly, I wouldn't even stan for him if y'all didn't honestly. Like I shit on Nas a lot but I like him maybe only a little less than Jay, but y'all shitting on Jay makes me go back and listen to more Jay which makes me hate Nas more. I think the term stan applies some sort of retard irrationality toward an artist and I don't really feel that ever. I do get turbo hyped when I hear something new from him though.
seeing esch in denial about anything makes me happy

Macca

If your album doesn't have CuDi on it or at least CuDi-esque songs, I'm docking 1 mic from the jump.
S5OUMp6.png

Esch

Banned
seeing esch in denial about anything makes me happy
It's true. I own three Jay albums physically, no other media, I've only seen him live once. I just hate double standards and the crybaby attitudes purists have towards his music. I just don't like the way people hate on him, just always seems like jealousy or bitterness. Like when you beat someone in a round of sparring or a race and they have some bitchassed complaint about how their shoe is untied or they didnt warm up or some weak shit like that.

Esch

Banned
WW is way more of an Em stan than a Macklemore stan though. I like WW's Em stanning even though I don't like Em at all really. It's concise and filled with barbs of truth. He doesn't make excuses for Em being a piece of human refuse or whatever, he just hits you with facts only. Compared to the delusional Ye stanning that goes on in here, it's a fresh breath of air. I miss the Lupe stanning though. So hopeful and fragile, like a little rare island bird that can't fly.

WanderingWind

WW is way more of an Em stan than a Macklemore stan though. I like WW's Em stanning even though I don't like Em at all really. It's concise and filled with barbs of truth. He doesn't make excuses for Em being a piece of human refuse or whatever, he just hits you with facts only. Compared to the delusional Ye stanning that goes on in here, it's a fresh breath of air. I miss the Lupe stanning though. So hopeful and fragile, like a little rare island bird that can't fly.

#truthfacts

mooooose

it hurts that somehow overcast overtook my q stan card

i ran out of shit to say about the dude for now but hes still my favorite current rapper by far

so mad i didnt get to see him tonight. it was a small ass private show and kdot showed up. they did a horrible job making it accessible to anyone normal maaaaaaaaaaaaan :(

Esch

Banned
I also respect ace for stanning 40 water because 40 water is lowkey dope and even though i dont like him enough to stan for him, i believe someone should as a matter of principle

s/o to siddx for continuing to fervently stan Atmosphere for years and years no matter how many fake verses we write shitting on them
nah you are the GOAT for that. If i was your therapist i'd put you on haloperidol for the manic Q episodes you have

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I also respect ace for stanning 40 water because 40 water is lowkey dope and even though i dont like him enough to stan for him, i believe someone should as a matter of principle

s/o to siddx for continuing to fervently stan Atmosphere for years and years no matter how many fake verses we write shitting on them
On that note, whoever wrote the fake K.R.I.T. hook that one time was probably the most I've laughed and been entertained at something on GAF-Hop. Shit had me dying, it was so perfect. Wish I could find it.

Macca

Siddx also - ICP

On that note, whoever wrote the fake K.R.I.T. hook that one time was probably the most I've laughed and been entertained at something on GAF-Hop. Shit had me dying, it was so perfect. Wish I could find it.
Would've been PP probably.

WanderingWind

i ran out of shit to say about the dude for now but hes still my favorite current rapper by far

so mad i didnt get to see him tonight. it was a small ass private show and kdot showed up. they did a horrible job making it accessible to anyone normal maaaaaaaaaaaaan :(

Still laugh at "AYO ITS MOOSEBOY Q"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom