• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last thing I said about 40? And I really don't try to convince people he the greatest..

He my dude tho..

I stan for Juicy and Ross far more than I do for 40.. lol

comeon.png

The Block Brochure: Welcome To The Soil 1,2 & 3 - E-40 ; 2 points
History: Function Music - Too Short & E-40 ; 1 point

comeon.png

Albums

2. E40 Revenue Retaining Overtime Shift ; 3 points

Songs

3. E40 My Grimey N@@@a ; 3 points
6. E40 Rear View Mirror; 2 points

Stanning, no. Unhealthy obsession, debatable.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This past page has reconfirmed in my faith in all y'all.

Night. Pretend this is some Toku-esque quote about love and shining lights or some shit

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
EDIT haha this junior just pulled out receipts on ace

tumblr_mf7avonYh61rlp91uo1_500.gif

oh no.. my favorite artist made my album of the year list.. I just got served.. pfft.

It's my list..

Besides, I don't listen to music like normal people anymore, DJing has ruined that

Blackace

Nah he presented himself as a long time lurker. GAF accounts do take forever to get launched. I believe in this one. We know he's an alt if he starts talking grimy about my ethnicity, and/or penis.

2 years is a little long..

mooooose

also to des, i have some news mr saint soda is working with youngest leaner possibly but u didnt hear it from me actually you obviously did because im the only one who knows so dont tell anyone lol

We have those Cvlt and Wavy Swedish producer stans too.

Moooose is still a Q stan, of course.

i'm a real tde album rankings stan (q > soul > kendrick > rock). i think if q gets 60% of his samples cleared he will drop aoty.

otherwise it's a toss up between yeezus, patriarch, danny brown old (more of side a less of shit coma please) and run the jewels, and drake wasn't bad.

overcast

i'm a real tde album rankings stan (q > soul > kendrick > rock). i think if q gets 60% of his samples cleared he will drop aoty.

otherwise it's a toss up between yeezus, patriarch, danny brown old (more of side a less of shit coma please) and run the jewels, and drake wasn't bad.
I think Kendrick still has the best TDE album, but I can understand literally everything you said here. Drake is creeping up on top 3 with this album. Yeezus, Chance, Drake so far I think.

Esch

Banned
I see nothing wrong with stanning El-P i really like Company Flow, Cannibal Ox, and his recent stuff. I need to dig deep into his catalogue and peep some of his earlier stuff. I can tell itll turn me off cause it has so many def jux rappers (scust) on them

mooooose

run the jewels was far and away the best rap album this year, old has a chance

oxymoron probably wont compare to those two tbh but itll be really good

mooooose

Now that I think about it, I do stan Blockhead.
good producer to stan, really underrated. when people think of def jux producers they think el-p.

similarly people are quick to pass on oh no because of madlib. admit that boy oh got flow like magma

I see nothing wrong with stanning El-P i really like Company Flow, Cannibal Ox, and his recent stuff. I need to dig deep into his catalogue and peep some of his earlier stuff. I can tell itll turn me off cause it has so many def jux rappers (scust) on them

my progression in rap went: deltron 3030/del -> def jux -> aesop rock/cannibal ox/cage/rob sonic -> wu-tang and from then on i was really open to listening to anything

i got my start on all those def jux rappers so i still have a soft spot for them even aesop who is dope for what he is

JohnDoe

Banned
Oh No is so much better than Madlib at rapping it's sad because the beats he's putting out now are way better too.
Madlib should just quit and open a record store.

mooooose

oh no is great. his selection in picking out psychedelic guitar samples is fucking great. he's versatile and a crate digger. him and alc learned a lot from one another during gangrene.

alc is an underrated mc too. he has some quotables and a cool laid back flow that works in contrast to oh no.

both of them go crazy on this and it has a sick beat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V-nb74NGXo

Esch

Banned
lol I heard in an interview that he sleeps about 4 hours a day and smokes weed and drinks coffee constantly. Explains a lot tbh.

madlib is gonna be that old stoner in the news who freaks out, loses his shit, and stabs a housewife with a pair of grill prongs. you cant keep doing that shit without losing a portion of your emotional and mental control. That guy is gonna flip his shit all the way out.

JohnDoe

Banned
madlib is gonna be that old stoner in the news who freaks out, loses his shit, and stabs a housewife with a pair of grill prongs. you cant keep doing that shit without losing a portion of your emotional and mental control. That guy is gonna flip his shit all the way out.
Damn
For real though he probably already lost his shit, he's putting out nothing worthwile. His beat tapes dedicated to Dilla were the last thing I really liked. Dude prolly lost some of his drive after Dilla died, they had a special relationship as musicians.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
run the jewels was far and away the best rap album this year, old has a chance

oxymoron probably wont compare to those two tbh but itll be really good

Right now I got it as

New Jet City
Run The Jewels
Stay Trippy

2013 wasn't as good as 2012 at all. Now all I got to look forward to release wise is pushakiss's album. I am looking forward to everyone's year's end list though. Always some good stuff on there that flys under my radar on release.

i cant imagine smoking the way some rappers do, im not a functioning stoner at all

I thought that was the point?

Esch

Banned
Damn
For real though he probably already lost his shit, he's putting out nothing worthwile. His beat tapes dedicated to Dilla were the last thing I really liked. Dude prolly lost some of his drive after Dilla died, they had a special relationship as musicians.
I used to love all that shit in high school. All that dilla, madlib, quas, doom shit. I find it all weird since I wasnt even getting high at the time or anything. just loved it for being great study and work music.

Esch

Banned
i cant imagine smoking the way some rappers do, im not a functioning stoner at all
getting high is one thing.im referring to madlibs psychedic consumption. You dont eat mushrooms for a week straight and come out normal. I have never seen a madlib interview but im willing to bet hes straight batty.

Blackace

Drake album is aiight...

but not feeling it like AotY type shit

IrishNinja

well only like 5 pages while i was out, this should be a fairly short post, about 7.6 on the esha scale id say
it helped that one page ya'll talked about pusha, GTA V & some highly skippable shit tho

for posterity: im cool with the control verse, even if enzo dont like those reasons. shit was exciting.

I'm thinking the highs are higher on Take Care, but the lows are lower on Take Care.

Needs more listening though.

i wanna say the same, but i need to hear both now. the fact that this is true makes me think it's a close call in my mind tho

The Pusha production credits are out:

He didn't use his Timbaland or RZA beats :(

eh, kinda glad they didn't get wasted. id love to hear a Pusah album make me eat those words though

Im dead at Deck endorsing Wu Tang Forever, then listening to the song and taking it all back

that seems exactly like what happened too..."paying homage, hell yeah...wait is he telling this broad his dick is hers? damn i need to remember where i wrote down my twitter password THIS INSTANT"

Take Care was his most cohesive album/tape he has made. He had a vision and executed it perfectly. Now, if you didnt like it thats fine. I think NWTS is just under Take Care for me, but I still really like it.

yeah, good call on the consistency. it bothered me that a shit track like Marvin's Room had its place on there, but it wasn't outta left field

Lookin like an arms dealer from a Kojima game

...oh my god, can't unsee. kinda want a monkey on his shoulder now

Honestly I'm a fan of Jay Elec but people will give him dap for just stringing together a bunch of arabic and hebrew words together and making meandering tinfoil hat references and abrahamic talk. Shit is kinda samey. Now. Blah blah blah, el rahim el elohim jay elec melody came from a hobo to a hilluminati blah blah. Who cares, go away

yeah its definitely a shitck at this point. its his own thing and he goes away so much some people find it fresh when it resurfaces but its what he does. if that perfectionist angle is actually true, part of me wonders if he's afraid he'll be exposed for that if a full LP of it drops.

Killah Priest - Garth Brooks
Jay Elec - Chris Gaines
Get at me conspiracy theorists.

i don't even know what to make of this
just that if i dwell on it too much im gonna start googling shit i dont really wanna know about an hour later in life

Does anyone think those are good lyrics? It's just so damn basic and forgettable. Drake is still impressing people with his flow at this point, just as Wayne did a few years ago. But when you listen...he's not saying much of anything. I'll review the album later, and so far I don't think it's bad but still...if this is him trying to impress people with his rapping I'm not impressed.

no you're right, he says a lotta nothing on tracks like that, but it flows over a nice beat. you gotta know what you're getting into, i dont think anyone hails drizzy for his lyrical depth. this is as deep as the current young money pool gets tho

Did Shad delay his album or something?

my man

damn, flocka droppin them truth bombs about Gucci on the breakfast club. Good looks enzo.

shit now i gotta listen to a fuckin flocca intereview cause yall aint left clift notes here

GOOD took so many Ls this year

i always saw that as a Ye vanity project, the fact that it did stuff like bring Com back up was just a big plus in my book. Cons was never gonna eat better than that, for example. and unless he's literally not havin a phone and living at fashion shows it cant be worse than Aftermath

Jada>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pusha though.

i wish we had someone who argued this point though, it'd be like a rap game scientologist up in here

I bought Harlem World.

you must've been mad young, but did you not know how to debo things back then? i mean some albums back then were thematically consistent with stealing them, thought this was known

I think we all expected Darth Kanye to throw Emperor Jay down the Death Star shaft at some point in their mutual careers, but it looks like dat gulf keeps widening.

true, Ye still puts effort into the music some of ya'll dont like. quite a different thing than being so boring i wish he'd change his name & try reggae or something these days

falling off? Jay has yet to release a non-Platinum album...

why does sales-age = quality here now

WTT + BP3 had the exact opposite of propelling Jay to rap god status. And Jay existed without Ye and was an enormous multi-multi platinum artist without Ye. Without Jay, nobody would even know who Ye was. These are facts

ya'll are talking origins which is cool but doesn't speak to where things are today...jay's a business, man and that's cool but he's doing more PR work for his brand than acting as an MC for quite a while now

Jesus, dude. NiP was in no way Jay's biggest hit. It was his 18th top ten hit and it only hit number 5. Hell, Hard Knock Life did more work in 98.

uh huh, but it's the biggest summer track he's been on for a minute, except for maybe that timberlake joint the radio's on

Post Kanye Jay-Z is...Kingdom Come. Average, forgettable. American Gangster was a big album for Jay, but was limited by its sound/concept; overall it didn't perform as well as his previous albums. BP3 on the other hand was huge. Largely due to Empire State Of Mind, but Kanye's Run This Town was the first single (and a big hit). That's the album that propelled Jay-Z to where he is now.

Let's not forget WTT was a cultural event, even if the album wasn't noteworthy.

MCHG blew up thanks to Justin Timberlake imo.

nothing wrong with any of this, though my prior shot aside, i respect that neither justin nor jay really tried on that mutual track

Also, Jay has been rapping about art since Vol 1.

been rapping about coke and bitches and hustling and lotsa things since then, but let's not act like its not a much bigger part of his current yacht rap game

and to your other post: Big did have significantly less time to explore introspective shit, i think he did it here & there even on Ready to Die though..not that the tracks were themed that way necessarily but he could weave in & out of it with his range

Well, somebody's stanning got out of hand, but it wasn't Esch.

You Yeezus disciplines need to step away from the cloister every now and again

nobody better at the cognitive dissonance needed for defending a flabby MC living in their own shadow quite like an Em fan™

Esch is a Jay stan? since when?

Ace i know you're present for more than enough to see this kinda thing
the past MCHG defense show alone kinda highlights this...i fucks with Nas quite clearly (no detox) but i don't stand by his weaker shit like it's my brand

IWW is a classic. BUT, It's retroactive love that it receives is a classic example of Nas stan doublestandardery, because it's pretty much Nas dickriding Rae and Ghost's style w/ the mafioso shit. this is undeniable. He wasn't running shit, only being a follower.

true but something being derivative doesn't mean it's not...wait why the fuck i'm replying to you when you can't even read this far down

Surprised nobody said gingerninja - Nujabes, Shenmue, GZA

haha i know i believe in LS2 but D.A.R.T.S. and some other stuff wasnt my thing...i'd stan Meth over GZA to be honest. WU collective & Tribe all day tho, prolly one more strong Shad album off adding him to that list

too unintelligible. IrishNinjas block posting absolves him of any possible stan arguments , no1curr

don't know what you talkin bout here, but it sounds like you just lack focus, you know? handle that tho, i'm out

6c66Gxt.gif

Dunno about 'stan' but I'm pretty into Timbaland and The Neptunes.
I have everything they've done that's ever been released and everything that ever leaked. I have all the songs they've been involved with in any capacity (writing credit, guest vocal, etc) and also have a lot of instrumentals, remixes and alternate versions.
I also have stuff they made when they were still in school and the stuff from the first time they ever went into a studio.
Total number of tracks aren't far off 3000.
I also have loads of interviews, articles, etc.
Yeah.
-_-

Blackace

Ace i know you're present for more than enough to see this kinda thing
the past MCHG defense show alone kinda highlights this...i fucks with Nas quite clearly (no detox) but i don't stand by his weaker shit like it's my brand

I quite like MCHG..

I don't really like Jay Z all that much so guess I am not the greatest judge..

why does sales-age = quality here now

because I DJ...

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm an Atmosphere stan, and I have no fucking shame about it. Eat a dick wrapped in dicks on a plate of dicks in a house of dicks sitting in a field of dicks in the land of dicks on dick planet in dick galaxy in the corner of dick universe if you have a problem with that.

On another note, I found this kitten on the streets a couple weeks back, all skinny and dying. Took him to the vet and got him all fixed up and healthy and now he's chilling like a villain in my place. Dude is clingy as hell though, doesn't like to be more than 2 feet from me.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I'm an Atmosphere stan, and I have no fucking shame about it. Eat a dick wrapped in dicks on a plate of dicks in a house of dicks sitting in a field of dicks in the land of dicks on dick planet in dick galaxy in the corner of dick universe if you have a problem with that.

On another note, I found this kitten on the streets a couple weeks back, all skinny and dying. Took him to the vet and got him all fixed up and healthy and now he's chilling like a villain in my place. Dude is clingy as hell though, doesn't like to be more than 2 feet from me.
Listening to atmosphere is like drinking an entire bottle of nyquil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom