• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

This LMNO & Evidence LP is forgettable so far.

gotta see for myself, really liked that single the other day

siddx is a Slug fan? Ever hear God's Bathroom Floor? Still his best and first single. Upon hearing he was from Minnesota (my born state) i was really stanning hard in 97 during Overcast, but now i cant even listen to that album with those "trash-can" mpc 2k snares on every song...

Finally.
Time for #GTAV.

gamestop not open for a couple more hours.....HNNGGG gta stan all day

MCHG is a solid album (coming from not someone not a huge jay-z fan) i like BP, Reasonable Doubt, most of the Black Album...
that being said if one more rapper says "basquiat"

j-zone had a good response for that
http://j-zone.bandcamp.com/track/jackin-for-basquiats

IWW is a classic. BUT, It's retroactive love that it receives is a classic example of Nas stan doublestandardery, because it's pretty much Nas dickriding Rae and Ghost's style w/ the mafioso shit. this is undeniable. He wasn't running shit, only being a follower.
Nas was doing mafioso shit on Illmatic (NY State of Mind) and The Infamous. He's from Queens. Accusing him of jacking mafioso shit would be like accusing Dipset of biting Mase's super flossy ignorant shit; they're from Harlem, that's what Harlem still does to this day (ASAP).

But I will say this: IWW is like a mainstream version of Cuban Linx. There's a skit before I Gave You Power that is almost exactly like the skit on the Can't It Be So Simple remix, about getting shot and throwing your gun away before the cops arrive.

And on the classic status.. It got a 4.5 in The Source, it's not like people hated the album upon release outside of stuck in the 80s ninjas. If we want to talk about retroactive praise we can discuss Reasonable Doubt being largely forgotten in 1996 thanks to IWW, and being arguably the weakest noteworthy mafioso album of that era.

codhand

The LMNO & Evidence album is good. Solid way to spend 45 mintues for sure, definitely the work of two vets, good guests too.

Pusha T f. Kendrick Lamar, “Nosetalgia”

ifiKT.gif

pusha soundin hungry
kendrick kills it

damn this song is ill.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it weird that I want one of those BOATS II promotional hoodies or whatever 2 Chainz has been wearing on his promo run? With the album cover on the front. Shit looks dope.

I hope this doesn't mean I'm getting too PYREX.

Esch

Banned
Yo I think ima start working on the new OT today. If you have any photoshops of vidya and rappers like we discussed today, shoot me a pm

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
hawaiiansnow.jpg~original

Damn this is better than I expected! should've listened a long time ago. An album full of Danny making East coast trap music got me like :whew:

I see nothing wrong with stanning El-P i really like Company Flow, Cannibal Ox, and his recent stuff. I need to dig deep into his catalogue and peep some of his earlier stuff. I can tell itll turn me off cause it has so many def jux rappers (scust) on them

Skip all of his solo albums bruv. I say that as an El-P fan.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Sorry. Nothing he's done solo has come close to how mindblowing that first listen of Funcrusher Plus was. I still bump than any day, and never go back to El-P's solo joints.

Just my opinion, of course.

mooooose

To everyone who listened to NWTS, what month/season does it sound like?

I'm in no rush to listen to it, I really liked Take Care, and part of that was because it's so undeniably an album you listen to with snow coming down and a fire going. How does NWTS sound? I'm gonna save it. I have better music to listen to anyway.

Man I used to stan pretty hard for J. Cole, got in some arguments early here.

Now Drake out here doing better. Serious shit brahs.

Funny enough my first post in a GAF-HOP thread I was defending J.Cole after Wandering Wind said he sucks crazy how my opinion on him did a total 180 since I've been posting here especially after hearing Born Sinner.

Because of Gaf Hop I heard of J. Cole lol when I was still lurking.

I saw that Warm Up Cover art and thought it was dope, so listened and thought he was the second coming.

To find out he's just another false prophet.

Is it weird that I want one of those BOATS II promotional hoodies or whatever 2 Chainz has been wearing on his promo run? With the album cover on the front. Shit looks dope.

I hope this doesn't mean I'm getting too PYREX.

You mean the one he's wearing during the breakfast club interview? Not at all, that looked sick and I immediately went onto his site to see if they were selling those.
they weren't

joelseph

Why do ppl feel the need to conform to majority gaf hop opinion?

If I may, this thread is more about belonging to a community and less about music. So in a way it doesn't matter what your opinions are as long as you are getting that feeling of belonging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom