• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny when he made that album average line @ NAS when American Gangster has been his only good album post 2006 return.

He needs to drop Dead Presidents 3. He just sounds tired and uninspired now. Kanye, Wayne, Cole, Lamar, T.I., Ross have been murdering him on his own ish.

Showroom 2 sounds lackluster.

The Prodigy/Achemist is a 4/5 based on the beats and passable lyrics. It would've been a 5 if it were He'll On Earth P.

It's funny when he made that album average line @ NAS when American Gangster has been his only good album post 2006 return.

He needs to drop Dead Presidents 3. He just sounds tired and uninspired now. Kanye, Wayne, Cole, Lamar, T.I., Ross have been murdering him on his own ish.

Showroom 2 sounds lackluster.

The Prodigy/Achemist is a 4/5 based on the beats and passable lyrics. It would've been a 5 if it were He'll On Earth P.

He did.

No, the real track, no DJ, running the verse back. There's more.

He did the same thing with Ignorant Ish.

That's the Jigga I want to hear, not random name drops, slow flow, borrowed rhymes and lackluster performance.

And Blue Print 3 was eh. He sullied the name with 2 then 3.

He better leave the Reasonable Doubt name unsullied.

And the Alchemist/Prodigy is audio crack.

Also listened to Action Bronson's Saab Stories Extended. Harry Fraud is hit or miss. I did like the Rockers and Triple Back Flip.

Whiz Khalifa/Curren$y was a 3/5.

Still have a lot of catching up to do (Cole, Budden, Wale, etc).

Esch

Banned
naw, the only thing that will truly help me now is crushing an egg/bacon/toast/fried onion and tomato breakfast.

Recon

Banned
No, the real track, no DJ, running the verse back. There's more.

He did the same thing with Ignorant Ish.

That's the Jigga I want to hear, not random name drops, slow flow, borrowed rhymes and lackluster performance.

And Blue Print 3 was eh. He sullied the name with 2 then 3.

He better leave the Reasonable Doubt name unsullied.

And the Alchemist/Prodigy is audio crack.

Also listened to Action Bronson's Saab Stories Extended. Harry Fraud is hit or miss. I did like the Rockers and Triple Back Flip.

Whiz Khalifa/Curren$y was a 3/5.

Still have a lot of catching up to do (Cole, Budden, Wale, etc).

He better leave Reasonable Doubt unsullied? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? It is his music, he can name it Reasonable Doubt 2:Electric Boogaloo and he would have every right to do so.

Was revisiting some stuff that I wasn't really feeling and I have to really ask. Can yall say what is it yall see in Roc Marciano?

I went from Marcberg to Reloaded and I have to say I really dislike the direction he decided to take his raps. With Reloaded he completely embraced the dull monotone raps while at least Marcberg had tracks like Snow, Riding Around, and Panic(Funny how those tracks are back to back;favorites off that album too) that sounds like he is putting effort.

Edit: I should say I'm not trying to shit on him like I typically do, but I am actually curious

HiResDes

He still has more charisma than KA. But you know the monotone thing is all about bravado. When you can kick some real gangsta shit prime with metaphors and street allegories in a removed nonchalant manner, it makes you sound like a real mafioso motherfucker as long as you don't take it too far. I feel like Vince Staples and Roc both pull it off rather well, finding a happy medium, without sounding too aloof. It's like the old street philosophy that real killers move in silence. Vince & Roc Marciano are like the perfect foil in comparison to Gunplay and Ace Hood in gangsta rap. The effort they put in are in the rhymes and their flows rather than in their emotions.

Recon

Banned
Was revisiting some stuff that I wasn't really feeling and I have to really ask. Can yall say what is it yall see in Roc Marciano?

I went from Marcberg to Reloaded and I have to say I really dislike the direction he decided to take his raps. With Reloaded he completely embraced the dull monotone raps while at least Marcberg had tracks like Snow, Riding Around, and Panic(Funny how those tracks are back to back;favorites off that album too) that sounds like he is putting effort.

Edit: I should say I'm not trying to shit on him like I typically do, but I am actually curious

I find that I like Roc a lot more when he is on someone else's track. I didnt think Marcberg or Reloaded were anywhere as good as the praise suggested, which disappointed me since I liked Roc on the features I heard.

I tend to like Roc on features too.
He still has more charisma than KA. But you know the monotone thing is all about bravado. When you can kick some real gangsta shit prime with metaphors and street allegories in a removed nonchalant manner, it makes you sound like a real mafioso motherfucker as long as you don't take it too far. I feel like Vince Staples and Roc both pull it off rather well, finding a happy medium, without sounding too aloof.

Maybe, but with KA I feel like it's his production that complements him much more. Tracks like Up Against Goliath come off so smooth, I couldn't see him tackling that track any other way than the way he did.

I like Vince Staples(Ab-Soul got killed twice on that tape) too. Maybe I'm just not really a fan of Roc.

Congratulations J. Cole, they are playing 'Crooked Smile' on this Pop Radio Station I listen to. Extending that listener base.

Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop
J. Cole - Crooked Smile
Carrie Underwood - Before he Cheats
Toby Keith - Unknown Song Title, I skipped it. I like pop, but not that.

Esch

Banned
K. Dot went plat brehs

1ff5f7e6e16411e2868722000aaa088a_7.jpg

maybe Detox will get something right again in OT16

Detox

I never stopped believing. Nas' next album is going plat too, just watch. If Def Jam don't fuck him because it's his last album.

Mummy Returns is on and man, Rachel Weisz in '01 is god-tier.

Seriously, 10/10.
I actually preferred her nerdy skirt look in the first one. Similar to how IMO Anne Hathaway was at her hottest in The Princess Diaries, before the makeover. I like that look. Crazy long unkept hair, skirt, business or schoolgirl attire...

Trey

I remember the week leading up to GKMC. You'd be beyond optimistic if you said it would go platinum, yet here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom