• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

^Faora went in. I kept thinking her name was Mala for like half the movie because I'd just seen the S:TAS Phantom Zone episodes on Friday

cartoons = DC
movies = Marvel
comics = don't know don't care

i love superheroes, but i have zero interest in comic books. i don't like manga anymore either.

yo if i saw a full set at a con for the right price, id have to cop
bonus points if they got that marvel universe series 2 shit with the power/speed/durability etc meters on the back
There's a set up on eBay right now for like $15 including shipping. The seller even put the condition as new.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I work at a movie theater and still haven't seen it. I like Zack Snyder though so I'll probably check it out.
Yeah Superman is a zzzzzzzzzz superhero but I want to check it out just cause of Zack Snyder. I fucks with both 300 and his adaptation of Watchmen.

iavi

When you get a chance check out his feature on Jonwayne too:

https://soundcloud.com/stonesthrow/jonwayne-cool-runnings

Yeah, that tape was fire. Zeroh when he's not trying too hard OF's OF, but without the needless shock, but legitimately good oddball shit; Bred was one of those moments, all the way through. That final track, tricking in florence, may be the most conventional track he's ever done, though, and by conventional I mean Doom.

He kills that ft too.

IrishNinja

i'm not really familiar with comics, but for movies...nah. dc got shit on lock. even with wack green lantern being thrown into the mix.

...nah man, i'm a GL fan so that shit was more disappointing that daredevil
i gotta watch supes tho

808s is a great pop album. it perfectly captures that feeling of ending a relationship. fuck taylor swift. he should have went on the stage again and said "i'm sorry ho, but i've got the best breakup songs of all time!"

yeah, if i see it as a pop album i might like it better

cartoons = DC
movies = Marvel
comics = don't know don't care

i love superheroes, but i have zero interest in comic books. i don't like manga anymore either.

wit yo ol illiterate ass
comics are awesome, but yeah DC all day animated, i cant lie

There's a set up on eBay right now for like $15 including shipping. The seller even put the condition as new.

haha damn, might have to see what i got left in ebay bucks

No spoilers shutup, talk about hip-hop.

also this

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm waiting till I get back to the USA tomorrow night to see that superman. I'm tired if these fucking local theaters in vietnam where everybody just talks and answers cell phones the whole way through. They have to turn the sound up to make you deaf levels because people here don't ever shut the fuck up at the movies. Plus they edit shit out sometimes here. Sex scenes and nudity and anything anti communist.

DominoKid

5RtjgO4.png

ouch.

HiiiLife

Low key feel bad for Cole. I didn't even know the whole sleeping jokes towards him existed until I visited KTT. Lol. J. Snore. Lmaooo.

DominoKid

well he talked himself into a trending topic for a few mins so mission accomplished?

curious to see if he says anything interesting on The Breakfast Club today.

PBY

Banned
Man.

No1curr bout Wale huh.

Like I've heard nothing. Although dropping RIGHT BETWEEN YEEZUS AND HOV MIGHT HAVE BEEN A BAD IDEA.

Jay Sosa

seinfeld mixtape about nothing
ross' weed carrier

that's everything i know about wale right there

I know that he wore a Charlie Brown sweater in the first video I saw him in. And that I didn't care for him before anyone else..did not care for him :D

He was somewhat of an indie darling around the time of that Seinfeld mixtape. Never quite understood why that is. Horrible flow, stupid lyrics and not cute at all.

Dereck

The fuck did you expect when you moved your date up to match Ye's?

Most embarrassing bit of Coles whole career in these tweets right here.
What's worse is that he mentions that he "dropped the same day as Kanye" on the album. The fuck was he thinking?

PBY

Banned
What's worse is that he mentions that he "dropped the same day as Kanye" on the album. The fuck was he thinking?

The biggest problem with that too is that Kanye's album is like from the year 3000, and Cole dropped the most basic shit ever. Cole set the rap game back 5 years with his album.

Trey

Cole probably sold more linking it up with Yeezus. Good move on his part. I like his album but it's probably not strong enough on its on to move the units he's looking for.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Did someone say mac miller's album was 3.99 somewhere today or was that some hyperbole?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cole probably sold more linking it up with Yeezus. Good move on his part. I like his album but it's probably not strong enough on its on to move the units he's looking for.
I really think Cole's image is big enough to push units. The way he built his brand is strange and doesn't really make sense to hip-hop heads, but he did it. Every girl I know that's mentioned liking him has no idea he was signed to Jay either.

I think Cole will sell closer to Ye than most are expecting, but I don't think he'll exceed Yeezus.

Did someone say mac miller's album was 3.99 somewhere today or was that some hyperbole?
I was just saying it's gonna hit the bargain bin quicker for me to pick it up on the cheap.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Dommm, I think I was speaking to you a week ago about drake vocals still being on all of the lights. Listen to the part of the song where it says "we goin' all the way this time"

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Gifted is solid. It's a return to form. As a Maryland native I was around when Wale first started getting steam. Always liked the guy. He has dropped some classic mixtapes and attention deficit was a killer album. I'm glad to see his new work sound so much like the Wale I always enjoyed.

I'll cop Target exclusive for sure.

kamspy

Cole set the rap game back 5 years with his album.

Lmao on my lunch break

Cole and Game need a reality show where they go live on some deserted island and have deep conversations. Then ultimately they have to fight to the death and you know how that goes. Whoever wins.... we lose.

kamspy

Game would destroy Cole. Also Holy Water and Ali Boomaye go hard enough for me to root for him.

Game might let him win cuz he let Nas down.No rapper has ever cared enough about Game for him to let them down. Maybe he thinks letting Cole kill him would get him some after death shout outs from real rappers.

HiResDes

Yo I need a full Young Thug/Gucci collab album. Some of these flows are so weird, and the beginning of the album has some surprisingly minimal production, maybe a bit too minimal for Gucci.

Can't wait to hear Cole say he isn't feeling Yeezus lol.

Dropping on Kanye's date just proves how outdated Cole is, in general. He's been trying to replicate Kanye's first two albums for 5 years, now he's replicating the Ye/50 Cent battle. His music will probably never move past Kanye's early albums, and he'll never get to Graduation even though he's using the same marketing plan.

Born Sinner isn't bad but it's not memorable. And that will be his career until he hooks up with a producer who can give him some energy. If Just Blaze will exec produce a Strugglehouse album you know he'd exec produce for Cole. Get him in the studio to fix your shit.

DominoKid

what's the most recent gamechanger album you guys can think of?
i mean you can easily see the effect of 808s on the market. Flockaveli & Teflon Don too.
but not MBDTF or GKMC even though they're classics.
i actually thought LiveLoveASAP (personal classic) would be a huge gamechanger but Rocky had to come and meet the market halfway for his album.

Dommm, I think I was speaking to you a week ago about drake vocals still being on all of the lights. Listen to the part of the song where it says "we goin' all the way this time"

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
on another note i wish Kanye actually had a verse on the remix instead of sending it out to die.

The biggest problem with that too is that Kanye's album is like from the year 3000, and Cole dropped the most basic shit ever. Cole set the rap game back 5 years with his album.

winner winner

Can't wait to hear Cole say he isn't feeling Yeezus lol.

Dropping on Kanye's date just proves how outdated Cole is, in general. He's been trying to replicate Kanye's first two albums for 5 years, now he's replicating the Ye/50 Cent battle. His music will probably never move past Kanye's early albums, and he'll never get to Graduation even though he's using the same marketing plan.

Born Sinner isn't bad but it's not memorable. And that will be his career until he hooks up with a producer who can give him some energy. If Just Blaze will exec produce a Strugglehouse album you know he'd exec produce for Cole. Get him in the studio to fix your shit.

oh lord please let this happen lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom