• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Man if Starlito doesn't do a video for "About a Bitch." Beat goes, and they all kill it. Kevin Gates' verse on it though...Gates definitely has a lot of potential to go places.

Esch

Banned
havent seen it, but have heard good things. is it really worth the watch?
Its dope. I didnt really like the marketing but its super watchable. Great characters. Its a show you can accidentally leave on streaming for like 4 hours.

Tokubetsu

I really liked the first two seasons of SoA but they lost me with the third, and I didn't care for the bit of the fourth I saw either.

Jitters

Weed rap is to hip hop what Nickelback is to rock. Same old, boring, cliche song over and over again.
FZU1s0W.gif

Tokubetsu

Shit. Im sad to hear that because im on S2. And because Toku opinions on TV are always on point.

You might still like it man, I know a lot of people who still love the show (I think Wenis is still a big fan?). Last time I followed the show (around s4, some of 5) general consensus was season three is definitely the series low point. So just keep that in mind when you hit it (lower expectations).

Esch

Banned
You might still like it man, I know a lot of people who still love the show (I think Wenis is still a big fan?). Last time I followed the show (around s4, some of 5) general consensus was season three is definitely the series low point. So just keep that in mind when you hit it (lower expectations).
Im enjoying it too much to drop it now.

Scust@ Henry rollins character

DominoKid

lol I don't think I know what that means.

For those saying it doesn't matter if it sounds good. It doesn't sound good. It sounds completely lifeless.

how is weed rap lifeless when it's been one of the driving forces of innovation in the rap game in the last 5 or so years, along w/ trap/swag shit. stop playing Jitters.

Jitters

how is weed rap lifeless when it's been one of the driving forces of innovation in the rap game in the last 5 or so years, along w/ trap/swag shit. stop playing Jitters.

?
Its extremely boring. Most of the rappers sound half asleep, because they are stoned out of their mind.

DominoKid

Do they not sound half asleep? So far no one has said a good thing about weed rap. They just say I'm crazy.

No they sound chilled out. Butter deliveries, spacy sounds, whats not to like? Its vibing/riding music.

Youre painting too broadly and reckless as hell here.

Jitters

No they sound chilled out. Butter deliveries, spacy sounds, whats not to like? Its vibing/riding music.

Youre painting too broadly and reckless as hell here.

I am slightly guilty of that. I'm glad you at least told me why you like it. Everytime I say something in here, people just say I'm weird instead of telling me why I'm wrong. Maybe I don't articulate myself well enough.

Esch

Banned
Weed rap just has great atmosphere aplenty and makes for perfect work and riding music. Its like ambient in that regard, you can just chuck on a record of a specific sound you want like its Aphex Twin or some shit and just immerse yourself in it. Its not supposed to be hyperstimulating your dopamine receptors and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom