• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Singling weed rap as its own thing is dumb. The two have always coexisted, is there any style of rap that hasn't got weed covered? Not rapping about it has been more the exception.

You think Curren$y sounds boring but I doubt that has shit to do with his subject matter.

Heems and Kool AD rapping about weed sounds nothing like Curren$y. A$AP Rocky & Danny Brown sound nothing like Ethel Wulf, hell, Grandmilly doesn't sound like Ethel Wulf and they're both in Raider Klan.
Quelle Chris on Long Tokes doesn't sound the same as The Underachievers or Bada$$/PRO ERA, Chance the Rapper sounds nothing like Mr. MFN eXquire, Mike Melinoe ain't similar to Glam.I.Rock, etc. etc.

Jitters

Singling weed rap as its own thing is dumb. The two have always coexisted, is there any style of rap that hasn't got weed covered? Not rapping about it has been more the exception.

You think Curren$y sounds boring but I doubt that has shit to do with his subject matter.

Heems and Kool AD rapping about weed sounds nothing like Curren$y. A$AP Rocky & Danny Brown sound nothing like Ethel Wulf, hell, Grandmilly doesn't sound like Ethel Wulf and they're both in Raider Klan.
Quelle Chris on Long Tokes doesn't sound the same as The Underachievers or Bada$$/PRO ERA, Chance the Rapper sounds nothing like Mr. MFN eXquire, Mike Melinoe ain't similar to Glam.I.Rock, etc. etc.

Yeah, I admit I didn't clear it up well. I am a huge fan of Heems and Danny Brown. I kind of just meant rap with chill/high leanings.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Yeah, I admit I didn't clear it up well. I am a huge fan of Heems and Danny Brown. I kind of just meant rap with chill/high leanings.

As a smoker let me say that is the best kind of hip hop.... I deserve this era for having to deal with Crunk/Krump a few years back.... Curren$y new jet city is still my AOTY.

Here's a good primer

Curren$y: good
Ethelwolf: bad*
Smoke DZA: meh
Wiz Khalifa: bad

*I like some of his songs but he can't rap for shit

Zeus Molecules

Here's a good primer

Kush and Orange Juice is still a classic by Wiz... He's fallen off so hard that amber rose is on Badu status in my books.

DominoKid

Wiz is dope when he wants to be. He fucks around a lot though. But Taylor Allderdice & ONIFC were great. Juicy J has been a good influence on him.

Zeus Molecules

Wiz is dope when he wants to be. He fucks around a lot though. But Taylor Allderdice & ONIFC were great. Juicy J has been a good influence on him.

I got to listen to those albums... Like the cover of onifc sucked so bad I just never cared to listen...

DominoKid

I got to listen to those albums... Like the cover of onifc sucked so bad I just never cared to listen...

i used a custom cover so i never had to look at that shit
tumblr_me9qh1qXAh1r407eho5_250.jpg

MMaRsu

Here's a good primer

Why did you change your name? Also, Wiz is pretty dope. Curren$y I haven't heard much good stuff since Pilot Talk 1 & 2.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Here's a good primer

Curren$y is bland and not good.

Wiz makes decent music from time to time..

Zeus Molecules

I only heard his first one a long time ago, but I must not have cared for it if I didn't bother checking out the rest.

Why did you change your name? Also, Wiz is pretty dope. Curren$y I haven't heard much good stuff since Pilot Talk 1 & 2.

Curren$y is bland and not good.

Wiz makes decent music from time to time..

Blasphemy.....

Lol but really devin the dude is OD underrated. And curren$y puts out a lot of music about 75% is top quality he took Lil Wayne work ethic when he left Young Money whereas Lil Wayne got arrested and then got lazy.

Also Spitta's not bland he's chill and depending on your taste that's more dope than say a rapper who spits over more energetic beats. Like I can't stand Danny Brown.... But that's just me I don't think he wack he's just not what I want from rap.

Bloody smoke dza. There's this endless cycle with him

I hear a feature and I think "yo this dudes good" And then I check out his own project and it's "fuck this dude"

Then I hear another good feature verse rinse and repeat

Blackace

Blasphemy.....

Lol but really devin the dude is OD underrated. And curren$y puts out a lot of music about 75% is top quality he took Lil Wayne work ethic when he left Young Money whereas Lil Wayne got arrested and then got lazy.

Also Spitta's not bland he's chill and depending on your taste that's more dope than say a rapper who spits over more energetic beats. Like I can't stand Danny Brown.... But that's just me I don't think he whack he's just not what I want from rap.

He is like mashed potatoes without butter nor salt.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Smoke DZA is like that one snack or whatever that's in the snack line that you just feel obligated to pick up just because you got everything else in the snack line, but then when you finally go to eat, you realize "I really didn't need this. I don't think I want it either." The other snacks being all the other rappers that mess with him.

I downloaded Rugby Thompson during my "All Harry Fraud Errythang" days. Pushed play while in bed one night and barely made it through before throwing on some jazz. Shit was weak...

DZA is capable of some nice guest verses but that's about it.

Kwixotik

My friend is a great lyricist but he refuses to record anything or even rap it even though he calls them rap lyrics instead of poems. It's fucking lame.

Kwixotik

I'm gonna be honest, it's fine to have references to drugs, but I'm pretty much done with songs about being cool because you do lots of drugs. Shit's just boring. Sounds like high school. Danny Brown's take on drugs is way more interesting.

PBY

Banned
I'm gonna be honest, it's fine to have references to drugs, but I'm pretty much done with songs about being cool because you do lots of drugs. Shit's just boring. Sounds like high school. Danny Brown's take on drugs is way more interesting.
I wonder about Danny Brown. XXX was awesome, and his drug theme was very well done. But the leaks off Old haven't really given me the same sense of- "this shit is fun but its also BAD"

Zeus Molecules

Zingers won't make him less boring

Damn shame because he can flow

But dude makes me instantly sleepy

I wasn't trying to zing I was just trying to in a clever way say we have different taste fundamentally in how we consume rap.

Like OK that line he has on 3 piece suite (which everyone forgets but are 3 amazing songs"

He says "walking in the gym/ like birdie from above the rim/ bitches noticing"

to me That is why spitta is really dope cause I can relate to incidents in my own life walking into the gym or cafeteria looking fresh and seeing the girls checking me out. Like the drug references aren't why spitta is dope the references in general to living a cool lifestyle is why he is dope.

Like choosing with wiz and Rick Ross.... Is od dope if you can relate to making a woman choose to leave the party and leave with you early.

Jitters

Thug stuff like on ESGN is starting to sound High School to me, to be honest. So corny. Completely unaware of how silly it sounds.

I'm really looking forward to Old.

I wonder about Danny Brown. XXX was awesome, and his drug theme was very well done. But the leaks off Old haven't really given me the same sense of- "this shit is fun but its also BAD"
But you do realize you only feel that way because you heard the entire XXX......right..? If you only heard portions of the first half of XXX you would be saying the exact same about like Old. XXX carried that throughout the project and you wouldn't have realized it till you reached that one song. I want to say addrrell admiral

IrishNinja

i dig most curren$y and largely find DZA boring

hey is classic dre/snoop weed rap cause you know
shit's all over the cover, plus title sometimes

Blackace

i dig most curren$y and largely find DZA boring

hey is classic dre/snoop weed rap cause you know
shit's all over the cover, plus title sometimes

Classic Dre/Snoop weed rap had a Classic Dre beat

So not really...

Blackace

I wasn't trying to zing I was just trying to in a clever way say we have different taste fundamentally in how we consume rap.

Like OK that line he has on 3 piece suite (which everyone forgets but are 3 amazing songs"

He says "walking in the gym/ like birdie from above the rim/ bitches noticing"

to me That is why spitta is really dope cause I can relate to incidents in my own life walking into the gym or cafeteria looking fresh and seeing the girls checking me out. Like the drug references aren't why spitta is dope the references in general to living a cool lifestyle is why he is dope.

Like choosing with wiz and Rick Ross.... Is od dope if you can relate to making a woman choose to leave the party and leave with you early.

Only a few rappers I can relate with

Mostly the beat and what they do with it

HiResDes

Quelle Chris's paranoid schizophrenic take on weed rap is amazing to me. I get why you don't like weed rap Jitters, you seem like the kinda guy who likes to talk about politics while everyone is trying to just chill and smoke a joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom