• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you do realize you only feel that way because you heard the entire XXX......right..? If you only heard portions of the first half of XXX you would be saying the exact same about like Old. XXX carried that throughout the project and you wouldn't have realized it till you reached that one song. I want to say addrrell admiral

Yeah true, it's like the high of the earlier songs wear's off and you get this drug induced depression on the come down. I Will vs. Party All The Time sounds like two different artists. Album's got a bipolar feel. Nothing I've heard since XXX has approached that later vibe, but it's not like it makes for a good guest spot/single.

PBY

Banned
But you do realize you only feel that way because you heard the entire XXX......right..? If you only heard portions of the first half of XXX you would be saying the exact same about like Old. XXX carried that throughout the project and you wouldn't have realized it till you reached that one song. I want to say addrrell admiral
Definitely.

In Danny I trust.

Jitters

Quelle Chris's paranoid schizophrenic take on weed rap is amazing to me. I get why you don't like weed rap Jitters, you seem like the kinda guy who likes to talk about politics while everyone is trying to just chill and smoke a joint.

That is definitely not me. I would say exact opposite actually.

I thought Harry Fraud had some pretty good stuff on SAAAB Stories.

HiResDes

Yeah true, it's like the high of the earlier songs wear's off and you get this drug induced depression on the come down. I Will vs. Party All The Time sounds like two different artists. Album's got a bipolar feel. Nothing I've heard since XXX has approached that later vibe, but it's not like it makes for a good guest spot/single.

Quelle Chris has a similar sort of setup, although the come down is a lot different. Danny's coming off of an upper, while Chris is coming down off of a downer.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Comparing Fraud to Alc is completely ridiculous. Alc been at it for a long time and has produced so much hot shit for an array of great artists. Fraud still young in this shit and is what in his mid 20s? He still got so long to go to be considered like that but he's made some pretty good beats.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Comparing Fraud to Alc is completely ridiculous. Alc been at it for a long time and has produced so much hot shit for an array of great artists. Fraud still young in this shit and is what in his mid 20s? He still got so long to go to be considered like that but he's made some pretty good beats.
Just don't think he stacks up that well against other young star producers in the game

Kwixotik

I'm looking to get into more "alternative" hip hop because it's not really a genre I've explored much beyond like... Blu, MF DOOM, Aesop Rock...

Any albums y'all could recommend?

Esch

Banned
I dont really get it either. Plus its not like people give a shit about Frauds work off the internet. He hasnt really hit it 'big' with anything. I like him a lot though. Hes not as consistent as say Alc, but he makes some shit thats incredible to me.

Harry Fraud is in his 30s I think.

Shot Caller is probably his biggest hit, I hope people use him for a big major label single soon though.

edit: nv/m he's 26. still got time to get big.

Blackace

Harry Fraud is in his 30s I think.

Shot Caller is probably his biggest hit, I hope people use him for a big major label single soon though.

edit: nv/m he's 26. still got time to get big.
Producing is something where age doesn't really matter

Esch

Banned
Brains or talent dont really matter either

God bless soulja boy, his pirated copy of fruity loops, and ipod headphones

i fuck with all of your list super duper heavy and I agree with the Killah P statement.

I was slow to listen to it. It got high praise from a select few on here. But goddamn it delivered. Such a surprise hit too. I mean really, who honestly thought Killah Priest could drop a great album in 2013? A fucking double album at that? Really surprised me.Only good thing I remembered from the guy was that BIBLE track off Liquid Swordz. Whole thing bangs, very few filler tracks. I never wouldve even checked it out without you an Biz tellin me otherwise.

Really needs more love than it got.

Harry Fraud is so overrated

fraud is ...well.. a fraud. couple of hot beats, but thats about it. alc he is not.

I agree heavy with this. Dude is very overrated, on here especially.

Dereck

I'm looking to get into more "alternative" hip hop because it's not really a genre I've explored much beyond like... Blu, MF DOOM, Aesop Rock...

Shape of Broad Minds - Craft of the Lost Art
Edan - Primitive Plus
Count Bass D - Dwight Spitz
Aceyalone - A Book of Human Language
One Be Lo - S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M.
Hail Mary Mallon - Are You Gonna Eat That?
El-P - Fantastic Damage
Flash Bang Grenada - 10 Haters

thabiz

I was slow to listen to it. It got high praise from a select few on here. But goddamn it delivered. Such a surprise hit too. I mean really, who honestly thought Killah Priest could drop a great album in 2013? A fucking double album at that? Really surprised me.Only good thing I remembered from the guy was that BIBLE track off Liquid Swordz. Whole thing bangs, very few filler tracks. I never wouldve even checked it out without you an Biz tellin me otherwise.

Really needs more love than it got.

if you liked the killah, you should check the st peter tape, NAU. shit is super hot. i dont think anyone checked that.

Esch

Banned
Happens but they don't last long

well, except for swizzy
troll.png

edit: yeah that new Killah Priest is solid, i just hate double albums. I just end up cutting the tracks i dont like

Blackace

well, except for swizzy
troll.png

edit: yeah that new Killah Priest is solid, i just hate double albums. I just end up cutting the tracks i dont like

Swizzy is great producer

Not a legend but his library is mad deep

Brehs...

So today we had one of our milf patients come in; black lady, very "sophisticated" and business like but with a sense of humor; her daughter is 21 and very attractive too, but naturally I prefer the mother. They both look a bit like Pam Grier with long hair.

Anyway I'm going over some insurance stuff with the mom and she's texting on her phone. We get a call and the receptionist person says it's for me. I answer and it's the daughter, saying she needs to set up an appointment; she missed her last appointment and needed a new one. Normally I don't set appointments up, but I did for her, said have a nice day and hung up. Ok, boom.

Then, as I'm looking over paperwork the mother makes a phone call, and I hear her say "did you ask him? Awww, I'll talk to you later" and hangs up. She then starts talking about her daughter...

her: I told her not to miss that appointment
me: It's alright
her: I also told her to set up an appointment and ask you on a date lol
me: *nervous smile*

Brehs I didn't know what to do, I think I dropped the ball. I just went back to discussing the stuff we needed to go over. She's always been super nice to me, but I can't really remember talking to the daughter much. She'll be here in a couple weeks for her appointment, and I'll have to talk with her about some stuff this time. There's no way I'm gonna say "so...you're mom wanted us to date..." but if I can think of something slick to say, I might go for it.

I bet sugarhill gang was popping at 36 chambers' reunion

Damn man lol. I just turned 23 last week and graduated college this year. My school reunion anthem would be Swagga Like Us or Low by Flo Rida or some other lame shit.

if you liked the killah, you should check the st peter tape, NAU. shit is super hot. i dont think anyone checked that.

Definitely checking it out. Will post impressions when I get into it

thabiz

Think we like damn near the exact same age

could be. it gives us the higher perception.

dissin sugarhill gang. smh. kids these days. i heard this absolutely ridiculous remix album of them, didnt write it down, and havent been able to find it since. damn near 20 years now.

could be. it gives us the higher perception.

dissin sugarhill gang. smh. kids these days.

I don't get how you think that was a diss towards Sugarhill gang lol. It was moreso me making fun of 36 Chambers cause everyone thinks he is some old head

Well, I guess cause soulja boy was mentioned, but I wasn't using it like that

i had backstreet boys mp3s. (i also own a cd).

not soulja boy though. my high school reunion is probably gonna be flo rida apple bottom jeans boots with the fuuuurrrrr or some shit

CRS

Deltron 3030 and Alchemist's Russian Roulette.

Also, is comparing Harry Fraud to other producers out today fair? I don't see him wanting to be the producer with hits on the radio, working with pop stars of today, and getting people on the dance floor. That's why I agree that Harry Fraud is just well known online but that's not a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom