• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
WHOOO. The Havoc album is hard as hell! Did I miss the boat on when you guys were praising his latest effort?

I just remembered it this morning, and bought the album off of Amazon to support the son. Listened to it twice already.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeezus' only competition this year is Q and Drake. Big Sean, Run The Jewels, King Remembered in Time and Own Pharoah probably sitting a tier below that. Cole, Mac sitting a tier lower and probably Rocky's debut a bit lower.

Maybe Big Sean can do it, he's definitely showing more ambition than much of the rest on that list up there.
You say yes to Yeezus A.C.E. can't

DominoKid

Jeezy all he needs is Mike Will, Shawty Redd, Mannie Fresh, Lil Lody and Toomp features from Tip and Future and we're cooking. Shit is going to be dope as fuck. I bet Kendrick would love to go again this year but he has to wait for the bums at TDE to come out. Another one to look out for is 2 chainz

Kendrick isn't doing album #2 for a while. Earliest I'd expect would be late 14/early 15.

WHOOO. The Havoc album is hard as hell! Did I miss the boat on when you guys were praising his latest effort?

I just remembered it this morning, and bought the album off of Amazon to support the son. Listened to it twice already.

I think only Des and Biz mentioned it. But its pretty great. Very surprising for Havoc, I really aint think he had it in him at this stage.

Shits fire

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
i don't know why. but this made me chuckle.

o3u8YGI.png

word?

what do you think is the best then

Definitely aint fucking Yeezus.

All subjective right now, there's no clear AOTY at this stage, maybe its too early or there hasn't been anything aoty worthy yet.

My favourite joints this year are Brown Tape, Czarface, Psychic World of Walter Reed, RTJ if thats what your asking.

Esch

Banned
Hav>>>>>>>>> Prod right now.

This DP3 is so fire right now. I need Jay to go ahead and release me a Lost Tapes style comp. Day one purchase.

No one likes Yeezus outside of this forum, hipsters, and critics. In general it was rejected by rap fans...

I'm not including Run The Jewels and other shit nobody heard. In terms of mainstream albums (no Krit, no Czarface, etc) I think Drake will easily drop the best album.

It won't be in my top 10 obviously.

PBY

Banned
No one likes Yeezus outside of this forum, hipsters, and critics. In general it was rejected by rap fans...

I'm not including Run The Jewels and other shit nobody heard. In terms of mainstream albums (no Krit, no Czarface, etc) I think Drake will easily drop the best album.

Yo but that Black Skinheads vid has CGI Kanye dong...

DominoKid

"rap fans" liked MCHG and Born Sinner so...

kamspy

Thanks for the words. No one ever gets married thinking that you are going to get divorced a few years later and no one experiences the joy of a new job thinking that you will get laid off. I knew both were coming, the signs were there, but when they hit, it stings. When they both hit close to the same day, it does more than sting. The wife is packing up her shit right now, leaving Wednesday. I had the dreaded call, "D can you come over to the meeting room," today. That combined with the Ryan Davis news, has done a trip on my mind today.

I want to put recalibrate my life while having a little time off. Think about what is really important, what I want more of. This has given me an opportunity to get back to who I really am. I had to transform myself to keep this marriage going as long as it did. I'll keep my head up, look for a better day tomorrow.

In Jan 2012 I lost my wife and job.

It's Jun 2013 now, and I've upgraded my home, girl, job and car. Shit was rough, and I was exactly there not long ago. And I'll tell ya, I wild'd the fuck out for a while. Not saying it's the key success, just being honest. I'm sure it set me back months to be honest, just throwin it out there.

caesar

Banned
Mr. Carter ‏@S_C_ 21m
RT @joanaadriano1 @S_C_ what happened to "fuck hash tags and retweets" ? [lighten up, who spilled champagne in your cereal? #mylaugh]

Lol hove got pissy when this guy called him out.

Wow, I asked about DP 3 last week in this thread. Thank Hov for going on his twitter troll today.

This is the Hov I want to hear on a track. I need CDQ, NOW!!

caesar

Banned
Definitely aint fucking Yeezus.

All subjective right now, there's no clear AOTY at this stage, maybe its too early or there hasn't been anything aoty worthy yet.

My favourite joints this year are Brown Tape, Czarface, Psychic World of Walter Reed, RTJ if thats what your asking.

Never thought I'd say but it's Long.Live.ASAP for me. Surprisingly good. RTJ/Yeezus/Bones close seconds.

artworks-000052263885-y3lb4i-t200x200.jpg

DJ K.O. - EMPBeTheTeam

PP, Detox, get on this.
Yo are Kingpin and Rozewood dudes planning on dropping a collab album this year or something?
Mixed reviews from what I've seen, and neither album is a definitive "summer" album with a "summer" anthem like Negroes In Paris. Drake is going to crush the building...

I've heard MCHG all day today from other people's cars. Also, yep, people do love Born Sinner

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Schoolboy Q is dropping this year, no? I think he has a big enough fanbase, and momentum from GKMC (in terms of Black Hippy fanbase) to drop a hit album critically among hip hop fans and commercially among the mainstream saleswise.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

lol

Esch

Banned
Schoolboy Q is dropping this year, no? I think he has a big enough fanbase, and momentum from GKMC (in terms of Black Hippy fanbase) to drop a hit album critically among hip hop fans and commercially among the mainstream saleswise.
the leaks from that ish have been toilet paper. Schoolboy is garbage and nobody except a couple internet cats care about his career.

wait PP is a drake fan.
Hell no. I'm just discussing mainstream shit, seeing where the pulse is.

I was about to ask what upcoming underground/non mainstream albums are on the horizon that could be AOTY. IMO Run The Jewels is good but I'm sure better stuff will drop this year.obviously Roc Marciano, maybe Danny Brown. And I'd expect Ka to release another dope album, even though the first single is rather odd (but good).

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
im so sad
pfft your always sad

Not gunna lie, I had slept on Born Sinner too until like a week ago. Shit goes.
i think recon was the ONLY one who didn't sleep on it. i kept thinking of him as the guy who goes around yelling "the world is ending".

also mac miller watching movies > jayz HGMC. i just started listening to MCHG so this will probably change in the future. but its just soo boring atm.

I like Run The Jewels a lot, but it leaves me too empty feeling to be my AOTY. It's in my top 5 though or top 10. I haven't really bothered with making a list of some sort

Fun "fuck you" type album tho
In Jan 2012 I lost my wife and job.

It's Jun 2013 now, and I've upgraded my home, girl, job and car. Shit was rough, and I was exactly there not long ago. And I'll tell ya, I wild'd the fuck out for a while. Not saying it's the key success, just being honest. I'm sure it set me back months to be honest, just throwin it out there.

Yup, Kam should be inspiration for you to try to see the bright side in the future. I wish you the best man.

According to Just Blaze the 2nd verse of DP3 ended up on "Moment of Clarity"

3rd Verse of Moment of Clarity. But only part of the verse is from Moment Clarity, the rest is all new.

This track is fire. It's too bad, he didn't have Young Chris or Beanie jump on the track back in 2007.

thabiz

Hell no. I'm just discussing mainstream shit, seeing where the pulse is.

I was about to ask what upcoming underground/non mainstream albums are on the horizon that could be AOTY. IMO Run The Jewels is good but I'm sure better stuff will drop this year.obviously Roc Marciano, maybe Danny Brown. And I'd expect Ka to release another dope album, even though the first single is rather odd (but good).

if you havent heard it yet. this might be in the top 10

Undefined- Closed Caskets feat. Little Vic & Peter Leo

a1059492695_2.jpg

Undefined - Certified A​-​Side

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
the leaks from that ish have been toilet paper. Schoolboy is garbage and nobody except a couple internet cats care about his career.
What?

Man of the Year and Yay Yay have been fire. Collared Greens is okay but still goes. Q's flow too crazy to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom