• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What a day. My wife is leaving, going back home to her family. This was a mutually decided direction for our marriage. I wasn't happy, she was okay with things, but really missed her family which live about 20 hours away by car. So it was a sad day already, but then today I go to work and find out that I got laid off. I got a nice severance package out of it, but damn, man.

Once my wife leaves tomorrow, this is going to a House of Pac. Going to listen to those jams, drown my sorrows in his memory and assorted alcoholic beverages. I give myself 3 days to feel sorry for myself, then back to the grind of finding another gig...and another woman.
Wow. Stay strong man, but its good to see your already in the space where your ready to start moving as soon as you can.

Detox

Ghetto Techno?
That's the one so fucking terrible. I erased that from my memory even though one time I searched for it for half an hour to show a friend.

Dskillz sounds like you've got everything under control but don't go overboard on the booze. Hope you bounce back from your troubles.

Cedric

Saw Wu-tang last night, this is the group that introduced me to rap so I'm glad I could get that off my bucket list. Method man was an amazing performer, he really kept the whole thing hype. Best part is, only Deck was missing. I can't believe they'd all get together for an event like the blues fest, it was much better than Busta Rhymes and Drakes performances when they came a couple of years ago.

DominoKid

tumblr_m56q3x1OmV1qir225o1_500.jpg

great album.

based Questlove.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Damn bro that sucks ass. Heres to the come up tho.

Damn man, I'm sorry shit's so rough. Just don't give up on life having more opportunities.

i'm gonna go ahead and recommend to stay away from the booze

Wow. Stay strong man, but its good to see your already in the space where your ready to start moving as soon as you can.

Dskillz sounds like you've got everything under control but don't go overboard on the booze. Hope you bounce back from your troubles.

Thanks for the words. No one ever gets married thinking that you are going to get divorced a few years later and no one experiences the joy of a new job thinking that you will get laid off. I knew both were coming, the signs were there, but when they hit, it stings. When they both hit close to the same day, it does more than sting. The wife is packing up her shit right now, leaving Wednesday. I had the dreaded call, "D can you come over to the meeting room," today. That combined with the Ryan Davis news, has done a trip on my mind today.

I want to put recalibrate my life while having a little time off. Think about what is really important, what I want more of. This has given me an opportunity to get back to who I really am. I had to transform myself to keep this marriage going as long as it did. I'll keep my head up, look for a better day tomorrow.

effzee

its like Meet the Parents, Soon Youll Understand, Hardknock Life and Coming of Age dont exist.at least Jay has a good ear for beats. He aint as consistently good at concept shit as Nas or Em. But hes never done anything as lame as Shoot Em Up or Fack.

this gaf-hop. Jay Z has always sucked and Kanye is revolutionary.

I didn't find MGHG to be as good as I had anticipated so in that sense its a disappointment. I hate his "huh" stop 1 bar "huh" again flow. Still compared to Yeezus, since apparently this is a pre requisite in judging this album, I can at least listen to someone actually rapping over great production. I only like 1 song off of Yeezus and even that, Blood on the Leaves, is ruined by the autotune.

In the end Jay Z's highest high is always more enjoyable to me than Kanye's. And Jay Z's lowest low is never near Kanye's. MGHG> Yeezus but that isn't saying much since both disappointed.

effzee

Thanks for the words. No one ever gets married thinking that you are going to get divorced a few years later and no one experiences the joy of a new job thinking that you will get laid off. I knew both were coming, the signs were there, but when they hit, it stings. When they both hit close to the same day, it does more than sting. The wife is packing up her shit right now, leaving Wednesday. I had the dreaded call, "D can you come over to the meeting room," today. That combined with the Ryan Davis news, has done a trip on my mind today.

I want to put recalibrate my life while having a little time off. Think about what is really important, what I want more of. This has given me an opportunity to get back to who I really am. I had to transform myself to keep this marriage going as long as it did. I'll keep my head up, look for a better day tomorrow.

Damn sorry to hear this. Keep your head up and things will work out.

Marriage is no joke. Growing up I saw all the sitcoms and stupid shit they show married couples get into and I thought nope not me never me. Now 2 years married, I often find myself in certain situations where I am like WTF how did I end up in an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond? I'm not at the same place as you, in fact quite happy with our marriage but there are those moments.

Wish you the best of luck.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What a day. My wife is leaving, going back home to her family. This was a mutually decided direction for our marriage. I wasn't happy, she was okay with things, but really missed her family which live about 20 hours away by car. So it was a sad day already, but then today I go to work and find out that I got laid off. I got a nice severance package out of it, but damn, man.

Once my wife leaves tomorrow, this is going to a House of Pac. Going to listen to those jams, drown my sorrows in his memory and assorted alcoholic beverages. I give myself 3 days to feel sorry for myself, then back to the grind of finding another gig...and another woman.

Been there brother

Most the time niether are really a shock but never good times... globe trot to Japan we can find you a gig up here

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Listening to Summer Knights right now.

Shit is too smooth B. I like it better than his previous tape. Or at least what I remember of it anyways.

dskillzhtown

Damn sorry to hear this. Keep your head up and things will work out.

Marriage is no joke. Growing up I saw all the sitcoms and stupid shit they show married couples get into and I thought nope not me never me. Now 2 years married, I often find myself in certain situations where I am like WTF how did I end up in an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond? I'm not at the same place as you, in fact quite happy with our marriage but there are those moments.

Wish you the best of luck.

Yeah, I am with you. The stupid shit you see on TV is real. Things would be much better if she didn't have the homesick part of it. No friends or family here has taken a toll. So when we do get into fights, she has no one to vent to. Overall, I was content. I wouldn't say happy, but I was fine with it. We aren't getting divorced right off the bat, legally it is a separation, but with her getting movers to pack up her shit and stuff we agreed that she should take, the future does not look bright for us.

There is little chance I am moving from the home of the playaz and pimps in Houston.

Been there brother

Most the time niether are really a shock but never good times... globe trot to Japan we can find you a gig up here

I just might do that.

Damn man, sorry to hear that. Is there any chance for reconciliation?

:(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dope. Need a DL link for this now.

omg wtf is this shit

how did this get through Ye's quality control? The GIFs from this will be incredible bwahahahhahaha

I like the idea but the execution is horrible. Some of the animation is great, some of it is just flailing :lol

Why not this instead of La Familia, smh
dead.png
La Familia is one of the better songs on the album. Let's get rid of Nickels & Dimes, Versus, Part II or some of the other mediocre and unfitting songs on the album.

dskillzhtown

Damn man, sorry to hear that. Is there any chance for reconciliation?

:(

I have learned in my 40 years to never say never. But kind of hard to work stuff out when you are in different time zones. When you get back in your own separate worlds, it is hard to decide to work hard back. If she was staying local, then yeah I could see us getting back together out of convenience and familiarity. But with her deciding to take it so far, it ain't looking too good.

I am going to be on my grind to find another job, pay my mortgage, car payments, etc. not going to have a lot of time to devote to trying to get her back. Honestly, I don't know if I want her back. But that is what a separation is for right? To figure it all out. I am just numb right now. Funny thing is we have gotten along better than we ever have for the past couple of weeks.

I gotta say, the rap crown is still up for grabs this year in terms of mainstream albums. While I like Yeezus it's clear most rap fans didn't. Cole sold well but nobody is really calling it a great album. And Jay just dropped an album that generated a bunch of buzz but little actual substance; it'll get Grammys I'm sure but nobody cares.

Seems like this is the year Drake will drop the best "mainstream" album. It's really his to lose at this point. Big Sean doesn't have a chance, I'm going to assume Eminem's album will be weak, Ross is on the ropes after the lackluster GFID...who else is there? I'm not counting Nas btw. He'll release a dope album but it won't make any impact on the charts.

DominoKid

I gotta say, the rap crown is still up for grabs this year in terms of mainstream albums. While I like Yeezus it's clear most rap fans didn't. Cole sold well but nobody is really calling it a great album. And Jay just dropped an album that generated a bunch of buzz but little actual substance; it'll get Grammys I'm sure but nobody cares.

Seems like this is the year Drake will drop the best "mainstream" album. It's really his to lose at this point. Big Sean doesn't have a chance, I'm going to assume Eminem's album will be weak, Ross is on the ropes after the lackluster GFID...who else is there? I'm not counting Nas btw. He'll release a dope album but it won't make any impact on the charts.

RAWSE coming

iwPWpObE0xfGA.gif

nah i'm not even expecting Mastermind to drop this year. really im not even sure why SM3 is dropping this year. should've put Poor Decisions on Wale's album and called it a day for that. MMG needs to fall back and let folks breathe for a bit.

Tokubetsu

Drake about to win...again.

Detox

Jeezy all he needs is Mike Will, Shawty Redd, Mannie Fresh, Lil Lody and Toomp features from Tip and Future and we're cooking. Shit is going to be dope as fuck. I bet Kendrick would love to go again this year but he has to wait for the bums at TDE to come out. Another one to look out for is 2 chainz

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeezus' only competition this year is Q and Drake. Big Sean, Run The Jewels, King Remembered in Time and Own Pharoah probably sitting a tier below that. Cole, Mac sitting a tier lower and probably Rocky's debut a bit lower.

Maybe Big Sean can do it, he's definitely showing more ambition than much of the rest on that list up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom