• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay Yay was awful. Q is a nobody and always will be. Unless he gets a feature on Kendricks next shit, then mainstream music fans can say "Who the fuck was that other guy on Kendrick Lamars new song?"

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Collard Greens was garbage. but if yay yay and man of the year... my god simply amazing. AMAZING.

also anyone seen mos def force-fed under standard Guantánamo Bay procedure video. fucking cringe worthy.

Q will have a couple dope tracks wit Alchemist but I'm not expecting anything else. Everything from Oxymoran sounds like a step back from HnC. Yay Yay isn't bad but sounds unfinished to me.

Old...I shouldn't doubt Danny Brown after XXX but I have a feeling he'll release a repetitive party album. I realize his life is way better now than it was while writing Hybrid or XXX but I hope this album has some dark material alongside the swag shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XXX never clicked with me outside of a few tracks, so I'm not really hyped for Old. Hopefully it does enough for his career that he will still do more guest spots, where he really shines.

That said Express Yourself is still my shit right now.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
LOL
not even jay likes MCHG
G0ZCqYn.png

overcast

Pretty sure Danny said he is getting the party tracks out of the way right now. Hence the onslaught of singles. He said Old is going to be really dark.

Dope Song is fantastic.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Not yeezus da gawd. right or wrong, hes not dropping an album unless he thinks its the greatest shit hes ever made
Doubt that

Nobody thinks an album recorded in 6 weeks is their greatest ever

Esch

Banned
Let's see what Ye's 12th album sounds like. he'll probably sample the sound of Yusuf Malik stabbing himself in the thigh for 12 minute tracks with no rapping

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Doubt that

Nobody thinks an album recorded in 6 weeks is their greatest ever
Well, it's been cooking much longer than that. Ye started work on it before/during CS.

The only things that were actually recorded last minute were 2ish verses and re-recordings of most of the vocals.

But time is pretty irrelevant when it comes to recording albums when Jay did most of his good albums on first try, and not so good albums like MCHG in mostly 2 weeks. Then you have people like Ye and Dre that live in the studio and cook things forever, then Pac doing an album in a week. Also wasn't Illmatic done in a pretty short timespan too?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
LOL
not even jay likes MCHG
G0ZCqYn.png

its true though, though honestly in my book its fighting for 5th place Vol. 1 is really solid save for a few tracks. anyhow considering 1-3 are classic being called 4 aint that bad....

Also I just heard the complete DP3.... Oh man that shit is going to be in heavy rotation. Jay should of gave it that "ignorant Shit" treatment and had a lablemate guest verse (jay Electronica, Jay Cole, Bleek lol) and just threw it on MCHG

Esch

Banned
really though, recording time is as subjective as it is for game dev almost. And i'd say that one thing is definitely true between the two: the projects that take too long are guaranteed fucking trash. See: Detox and eventual 50 album. Duke nukem status.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
really though, recording time is as subjective as it is for game dev almost. And i'd say that one thing is definitely true between the two: the projects that take too long are guaranteed fucking trash. See: Detox and eventual 50 album. Duke nukem status.

rule #1 of gafhop. we don't talk about detox.

CRS

I noticed that OutKast as a duo gets credit for producing some of their own material but I wonder who the lead was between the two.

mooooose

Q will have a couple dope tracks wit Alchemist but I'm not expecting anything else. Everything from Oxymoran sounds like a step back from HnC. Yay Yay isn't bad but sounds unfinished to me.

Old...I shouldn't doubt Danny Brown after XXX but I have a feeling he'll release a repetitive party album. I realize his life is way better now than it was while writing Hybrid or XXX but I hope this album has some dark material alongside the swag shit.

You are perpetually wrong about every prediction you make. Not your opinions, but your ability to deduct what will happen in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom