• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Mau ®;83426433 said:
Nothing Was The Same now on iTunes WW.

Ya'll better give Queen Drake your coins.

598468550.gif
Attention lurkers and Jrs this is an example of a horrible post

Hmm definitely gonna check out the Natti esp after hearing Gibbs mentioned

Do I even want to listen to justin timberlake 2? I thought the first had 1-2 solid tracks but none of the melodies warranted 8 minutes of screen time. Dude doesn't know how to end a track. Looking at the tracklist this one seems even longer. Dang

Also I can't believe I'm saying this but Pusha is my most hyped rap release left. Sorry danny

IrishNinja

can't front, i love that pop-GAF stans for "queen" drake

he gets my coins when he's on spotify, for whatever they're worth then

IrishNinja

Wu Forever is the new Me & My buddy where you take a dope track and try to make it fit as a simp anthem for no reason at all

ps listening to Stay Trippy now...damn i really cant get into Yela verses

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Wu Forever is the new Me & My buddy where you take a dope track and try to make it fit as a simp anthem for no reason at all

ps listening to Stay Trippy now...damn i really cant get into Yela verses

Yeah Yela's verse is like the least trippy thing on the album. The whole CD is rhythmical and slower pace and then boom he comes in with the sped up double flow and the yelling. I normally like his features but I think he was trying too hard on this one.

Cudder

Yeah Yela's verse is like the least trippy thing on the album. The whole CD is rhythmical and slower pace and then boom he comes in with the sped up double flow and the yelling. I normally like his features but I think he was trying too hard on this one.

trying too hard? that verse is basically what Yela does best.

IrishNinja

ah see i dont fuck with Yela much, cant do an album of yelling...sounds like he was just a bad fit for the album, that's all

i'm on talkin bout now, i didn't fuck much with 3 six in the day but this is a nice album. ill try trap god again but likin this one better

He does aggressive vocals well, imo

yeah for sure. his verse near the end was fucking awesome. he went punk rock on that shit.

gun plus a mask soty contender. there's like 3 bad songs on stay trippy. the one with chris brown, and two really filler sounding shit. the rest are good.

Macca

Yela's verse on Stay Trippy was one of the best things about it. Shit, without it Gun Plus a Mask would've just blended in with the rest of the shit,

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Yela's verse on Stay Trippy was one of the best things about it. Shit, without it Gun Plus a Mask would've just blended in with the rest of the shit,

I consider that one of the albums strengths. Its a great listen through cause it flows so well.

IrishNinja

^if the rest of the shit wasnt good then i think it'dve been a problem, but jeezy and cornball-ass wiz matched the flow, so yeah, yela stood out like a sore thumb for me.
like aint you guys throwin paint at strippers or somethin, why you so mad tho

reeeeeally?

real talk i cant even tell if you're trollin right now, that's how i know you've evolved to the next form

Macca

^if the rest of the shit wasnt good then i think it'dve been a problem, but jeezy and cornball-ass wiz matched the flow, so yeah, yela stood out like a sore thumb for me.
like aint you guys throwin paint at strippers or somethin, why you so mad tho

real talk i cant even tell if you're trollin right now, that's how i know you've evolved to the next form
I just don't feel that Stay Trippy is a great album to listen to in one go. A lot of great songs, which run into each other too much. Where the album shines is the fact you can put like 90% of the songs to a playlist and enjoy them when they come on.

IrishNinja

I just don't feel that Stay Trippy is a great album to listen to in one go. A lot of great songs, which run into each other too much. Where the album shines is the fact you can put like 90% of the songs to a playlist and enjoy them when they come on.

ah my bad, ima blame them italics then
see for me "running into each other" is part of why id just let it ride. like zeus says, shit just flows, which is great when im in the mood for it. yela hollerin over it is like...imagine if rick rubin gave you some paul's botique typa shit and old ass em just dumped on it with his brand of farts/dance floor type shit, how weird would that be?

IrishNinja

wait Hiii you mean you started 24 like with the dude from Lost Boys 24? cause if so...stop around season 5 or so if you make it that far

IrishNinja

Yawp. Kiefer that deal.

i am serious; like Dexter, you should stop 24 around season 4. go past that point and you'll wish you hadn't, for real

Am I the only one who thinks Drake takes subliminals at Kendrick on the first verse of The Language? Seems to be directed at kendrick to me.

yeah, kinda obvious subliminals i thought...that's his lane tho. drake stay frontin like Sean Penn in Carlito's Way, for real

IrishNinja

catchin up on Des' list well before the awards start, on some ESGN shit now...who was that on the end of DOA? dude sounded like the butt of so many MEEK MILL RAP LIKE.. jokes

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
So lets play racist or not racist, gaf's favorite game!

I'm a member of a teachers group on facebook and some lady who runs a language center in vietnam posted this job posting

Hi teachers! We are a Language Center looking for 10 Anglo Saxon origin native English teachers. Please contact us should you be qualified.

After one of my friends pointed out his disbelief at the anglo saxon part, she chimed in with this :

I should clarify, by anglo saxon I mean white.
We are not racist just the working requirements in this case.

which made me literally laugh out loud.
And for the record I did chime in at this point with the following:

yeah....sounds like what you are saying is your center wouldn't even consider a Black, Latino, or Asian person for the job regardless of their qualifications and level of English proficiency. That's called racism. But nice try.

On a hip hop related note, I'm kind of embarrassed at how much I am enjoying that '23' track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom