• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side A of Old is going to shatter dreams. HYPE!

Yeah, side b looks like some bullshit though. All the songs I hate so far are there

Why does he have to confine ab soul to the electro side? Interested in that charli xcx feature though. It will work

Gibbs/madlib is good, might listen to deltron later today for Albarn

CRS

Screw, DJ Paul, and SGP all were doing it before them.\

150984_653149781369529_334964072_n.jpg

...Might have to go to that show in Columbus.

DAMN IT.

Two things.

1) I wish it was Jonwayne being the lead artist on the ticket.

2) Why the fuck do I know about this now?! He mentioned a tour on Twitter but nothing more came up and I thought it was going to be his own thing.

Too late to go now. :(

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That's why I don't think it was about making better music. It was about stylin on your peers and getting more shine from a verse. In one breath a lot of places have been saying "make better music" and then posting gifs of "x lost." I don't think that was unintended. You don't respond.. you look like a sucker.. you do respond, you look like a sucker.

Oh it was definitely a shine on them verse. It just would of been better if he kept it 100 and said the same fuck those dudes after the controversy started as well.... but thats not how those things are done anymore in 2013.

So instead we get passive aggressive quotes like "I am doing it to inspire better music" aka a slick way of saying those thot ass rappers are wack.

But fuck the bullshit its a strange time in the rap world. I mean Big Sean let that verse out in spite of being one of the called. Even LL Cool J knew to go for the soul if someone tries that.

Pushakiss has kendrick on a track on his next joint and all he does is talk trash about rappers being soft. Then somehow Drake the softest of all rappers has the best kendrick comeback of the named rappers on that leather track (because lets be honest, Lupe played the shit out of Kendrick in SLR2 & 3) because he is the king of passive aggressive lyrics......

haha Drake not getting the verse. First he tells Billboard he has nothing to say about the verse, now he's complaining to the dick riding Elliot Wilson about it lmao.

It's not a "fuck everybody" record.

Oh it was definitely a shine on them verse. It just would of been better if he kept it 100 and said the same fuck those dudes after the controversy started as well.... but thats not how those things are done anymore in 2013.

So instead we get passive aggressive quotes like "I am doing it to inspire better music" aka a slick way of saying those thot ass rappers are wack.

But fuck the bullshit its a strange time in the rap world. I mean Big Sean let that verse out in spite of being one of the called. Even LL Cool J knew to go for the soul if someone tries that.

Pushakiss has kendrick on a track on his next joint and all he does is talk trash about rappers being soft. Then somehow Drake the softest of all rappers has the best kendrick comeback of the named rappers on that leather track (because lets be honest, Lupe played the shit out of Kendrick in SLR2 & 3) because he is the king of passive aggressive lyrics......

Zeus Molecules

My bad, I am agreeing completely.

sorry hard to interpret that, but you see my point. I could close my eyes and see the machine at aftermath telling Kendrick to chill because they are scared he'll alienate the wrong artist on the comeup like 50 did to Ross. No way does the guys who sign 50's check want to risk having a fully developed artist (or damn near) who can't get on the poppin singles due to beef.

like Drake is catching feeling and I bet they are sending him gift baskets galore to try to smooth things over on Kendricks behalf right now....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gold Digger is an S-tier Kanye quotables song though. Hard to listen to today though. I pretty much never go back to it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
How do you ruin Gold Digger? You can only move up in quality.
People loved that shit tho so I guess you'd really be ruining it for the masses and for the people like us we'd enjoy some new Yeezy killing old Yeezy.

Zeus Molecules

Because he's right. Shit is dumb and only good for the stacks he made off of it.

He should remix it in the Yeezus style and just fuck it up and ruin it. That'd be beautiful.

Orrrrr there are levels to that statement. Hear me out, he hates Gold Digger because it is literally a record of a prophecy he made of his own life and in some ways it now mocks the fact that he is now the father of a child with the world's current #1 Gold Digger......

18 years, 18 years. And on her 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his......

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Esch should check out that Kanye interview for sure though, there's like a 3 minute stretch where Kanye just repeats "THERE WOULD BE NO KANYE WITHOUT JAY-Z'S PROTECTION" over and over, I think that's right up dude's alley.

overcast

Gold Digger is the shit.

I don't think Drake was taking shots at Kendrick with the Tuscan Leather lines. Drake saying nothin is what it is.

He said Kendrick wont be his peer till he puts out more albums and that in a sarcastic way said while control a fun song no one going to remember it next year and tried to get the crowd to tell him the beginning of Kendrick verse.

oh my

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Esch should check out that Kanye interview for sure though, there's like a 3 minute stretch where Kanye just repeats "THERE WOULD BE NO KANYE WITHOUT JAY-Z'S PROTECTION" over and over, I think that's right up dude's alley.
It's his new ringtone.

I still don't get how control is anywhere near verse of the year. Drake is right about one thing, do any of you even remember how it starts

It's a decent verse, it's just those few lines when he names everybody is cool. The rest is forgettable

Kendrick's monster freestyle was way better

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/drake-speaks-on-control-and-making-nwts-at-crwn-event.149548/

From his talk with Elliot Wilson

I knew Drake would pull the numbers card because the music and lyrics just aren't cutting it.

Some of the bullets are funny lol, has anyone watched Elliot's CRWN events?

Drake said he spends a lot of time on rap sites and most of the time he finds the memes funny .. accept one time some guy was making fun of his mom and said something along the lines i hope she dies ... he was furious and he said it was some 13 year old dikk head who jerks off to Tyler the creator

This kid look like J. Cole from the line and Drake stop talking at one point and went "hey Cole, are you messing with me or something?"

Lmao toku I thought you were talking about the punk channel when you were praising rebel radio. Nah brah, rebels eh. Channel x is my shit tho

I still don't get how control is anywhere near verse of the year. Drake is right about one thing, do any of you even remember how it starts

It's a decent verse, it's just those few lines when he names everybody is cool. The rest is forgettable

Kendrick's monster freestyle was way better

?

From the king of NY line to comparing modern rappers to Lindsy Lohan, which imo is the most memorable line.

I've seen niggas transform like villain Decepticons
Mollies'll prolly turn these niggas to fucking Lindsay Lohan:
A bunch of rich ass white girls looking for parties
Playing with Barbies, wreck the Porsche before you give them the car key

I'm not going to cosign the "feminization of hip hop" movement, but it's damn true that most of these mainstream rappers today act like r&b divas, obsessed with who's wearing what. I'll always give Kendrick dap for throwing down the gauntlet and reminding people it's not about the jewlery or sales - it's about who's legitimately dope and who isn't. And with that platinum plaque no one can accuse him of being bitter or irrelevant, which tends to happen whenever underground dudes do the same thing.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Gold Digger is simple (prob why Yeezus hates it) and awesome. Definitely in my top 15 favorite Ye songs.
He hates it because it was a prediction of his future

Then Ye stans should be all over that soon

CRS

Yep just got the email!...Also breh make sure you help me out by posting some heat in the vaporwave thread.
Done. One of these nights I'll go on a productive high and do some digital crate digging. And organize my horrible Downloads folder. It's a complete mess in there.

Cudder

Gold Digger is the shit.

I don't think Drake was taking shots at Kendrick with the Tuscan Leather lines. Drake saying nothin is what it is.

Am I the only one who thinks Drake takes subliminals at Kendrick on the first verse of The Language? Seems to be directed at kendrick to me.

IrishNinja

dear black people: really sorry ya'll cant enjoy flip flops, im still bout that life (just not with socks...never with socks)

I don't care, I fux with Kanye, and love the direction he went with Yeezus. I've experience a roller-coaster ride of feelings with the album, but I'm back to loving it almost as much I did originally. And I do think Kanye is both a style icon and a concurrent trendsetter, while Jay has just become a follower and a conformist at this point.

I still think tracks 3-9 are really good, with Hold My Liquor and Blood On The Leaves being the stand outs. I never thought it was some life changing, genre revolutionizing project, but it's a good album. I enjoy it more than MBDTWIUFWUFBIWB or WTT anyway.

i agree with everythin in bof these posts

TBH from the interview, it sounds like Kanye's interests are elsewhere ATM. Wouldn't be surprised if Yeezus is his last album TBH.

i can see him takin time off, yeah. maybe produce again if he wants but didnt fashion bomb for him? not sure how many lanes he has open but fuggit, make your own

Isn't it Drake that always throws little jabs at people in his rhymes? The fuck outta here.

Talking about saying "fuck everybody", he threw shots at Weeknd for a year and they kiss and made up.

haha Drake not getting the verse. First he tells Billboard he has nothing to say about the verse, now he's complaining to the dick riding Elliot Wilson about it lmao.

It's not a "fuck everybody" record.

exactly: he ain't get it at all. his album was good, that was the reply..but he can't hold that R&B crossover lane with his ego, so he talks reckless. "fuck everybody", yeah that's really what people are on in 2013 dude - actin like that single child that never had anyone try them early in life, so they get stupid levels of passive-aggressive from a perceived slight later on

Am I wrong though?

nah, except that last line about lupe i cant verify cause, you know, whatever
but yeah that's beef where we are right now. see: com & drake, where half this thread (myself included) was dying to have half this heat come down

Gold Digger is an S-tier Kanye quotables song though. Hard to listen to today though. I pretty much never go back to it.

ye knew it, that's why he debuted the shit on def poetry jam, haha

Deltron 2 is out, Madlib and DOOM, it's your turn.

yeah right

some posts are totally done to bait an absent esha, i swear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom