• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

No order:
SparkMasterTape - The #SWOUP Serengeti
Danny Brown - Old
A$AP Ferg - Trap Lord
ILLFIGHTYOU - ILLFIGHTYOU
Vince Staples - Stolen Youth LP
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap
Ka - The Night's Gambit
Kool & Kass - Peaceful Solutions
Kanye West - Yeezuz

Praying for Ugly Mane and Nacho releases, plus I still need to listen to some more stuff...(Patriarch mostly)
Breh all your albums are my alts, and I'm also praying for those releases.

effzee

MMLP2 thread is a stan feeding frenzy.

I bet what that thread needs is some real hip hop fans to step in and school those posters on what real good hip hop sounds like!

I mean Yeezus was just released this year! I wonder if these other rappers who never get any mention will get their own threads.

cashman

Banned
Des' last rap up has some dope shit.

Danny Brown's Old is my AOTY. Came out last week.

No order:
SparkMasterTape - The #SWOUP Serengeti
Danny Brown - Old
A$AP Ferg - Trap Lord
ILLFIGHTYOU - ILLFIGHTYOU
Vince Staples - Stolen Youth LP
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
Ka - The Night's Gambit
Kool & Kass - Peaceful Solutions
Kanye West - Yeezuz

Praying for Ugly Mane and Nacho releases, plus I still need to listen to some more stuff...(Patriarch mostly)

I guess it's list time, bust out those top tens:

Mine, not in order:

KA - Night's Gambit
Danny Brown - Old
Quelle Chris - Niggas is Men
Kanye West - Yeezus
Jeremiah Jae & Oliver - Rawhyde
Deniro Farrar - The Patriarch
Freddie Gibbs - ESGN
A$AP Ferg - Trap God
Da$H - V.I.C.E.S.
YC the Cynic - GNK

Also rapup link - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691181&highlight=

Some of my friends have been talking up Danny Browns new album too. Never really heard an album from him before, so I'll check it out.

cdyhybrid

I bet what that thread needs is some real hip hop fans to step in and school those posters on what real good hip hop sounds like!

I mean Yeezus was just released this year! I wonder if these other rappers who never get any mention will get their own threads.

Or they could just top claiming Em is doing some mind-blowing revolutionary shit when they only listen to two rap albums per year.

IrishNinja

done and done
you're welcome

rap god just put control 6 feet deep. best song of the year.

i'll take that horrible beat with those lyrics anyday. i'm grateful to be alive to listen to that performance.

fuck the hive mind here, he went in. even going as far poking at the fact he can get away with lines that were once censored. genius.

me too! and yeah i caught that bit the first three times, it was so clever...think im gonna go update rapgenius

for real, people act like taco bell's not good mexican food all the time, too...hello? a dollar for a chalupa on a stale shell is still just a dollar

T Dollarz

A$AP Ferg - Trap Lord
El-P & Killer Mike - Run the Jewels
Freddie Gibbs - ESGN
Kanye West - Yeezus
Danny Brown - Old
Curren$y - New Jet City
Ka - The Night's Gambit
Tyler, the Creator - Wolf
Quelle Chris - Niggas is Men

These are just the first ten that come to mind, honestly. So much more thought needs to go into this because I can easily think of 10 more...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bv6ye.png

"Kenpaul Lamar"

OHErZ.png
OHErZ.png
OHErZ.png

DominoKid

Ferg is definitely making the top 10.

i got these in my top 10 for sure
ASAP Ferg - Trap Lord
Kanye West - Yeezus
Flatbush Zombies - BetterOffDead
Chance The Rapper - Acid Rap
Drake - Nothing Was The Same
Travis Scott - Owl Pharaoh

then there's about 5-8 albums for the other 4 spots.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Only for sure Top 5 for me are:

Kanye West - Yeezus
Travi$ Scott - Owl Pharoah
Danny Brown - Old

Maybe Pusha or 2 Chainz. Low key G.O.O.D. did pretty good this year outside of Sean.

overcast

Some of my friends have been talking up Danny Browns new album too. Never really heard an album from him before, so I'll check it out.
Oh then you can't go wrong with XXX either.

My top 5:
Danny Brown- Old
Kanye West- Yeezus
Chance the Rapper- Acid Rap
ASAP Ferg- Trap Lord
Earl Sweatshirt- Doris

I don't think I have listened to enough to get a top 10 going. Top 3 are especially solid as of now for me.

Haven't listened to Ka, Pusha, 2 Chainz, Freddie Gibbs, or Flatbush.

Drake dropped heavily after the first few weeks, already kind of falling back on my opinion of that one. Watching Movies also fell out of rotation pretty quickly.

Eminem drops the track of the year on Monday, King Kendrick cypher on Tuesday...

2013 = The Return of Rappity Rap. Where we're going, we don't need songwriting.

overcast

It's been a while since this question has come up, but who has your favorite rap voice?

Ones that come to my mind:
Scarface
Biggie
Andre 3000
DMX
Danny Brown

I was listening to The Diary again, so it got me thinking.

IrishNinja

gambino in that dark midnight hour of the soul...stick with it dlover! you can come out a better MC if you just believe in yourself~

IrishNinja

"Great track. I enjoy how uncomfortable this guy makes folks. There's only a couple of people on his level lyrically, and thats been the case for like... over a decade. That shit really irks a lot of folks."

HiiiLife

What is the GAF consensus on Gambino anyway? My friend told me to listen to his EP and on my life all I can remember is Donald saying people always called him faggot. Lol.

overcast

What is the GAF consensus on Gambino anyway?
I think 3-5 people like him, including me. Lot of hate for him around these parts. I liked EP and Camp quite a bit. I'm looking forward to his new album.

I really didn't care for Royalty. He's corny as hell, but I don't know, shit works for me. Beware of some of those lines though, straight cheese. He should stick in his lane (poppy style shit) and avoid the overly corny songs that are straight unbearable (Kids off Camp).

He talks about how black/white kids didn't accept him, how he's a faggot, and asian girls pretty often.

Dereck

What is the GAF consensus on Gambino anyway?
GAF hates him

I think 3-5 people like him, including me. Lot of hate for him around these parts. I liked EP and Camp quite a bit. I'm looking forward to his new album.

I really didn't care for Royalty. He's corny as hell, but I don't know, shit works for me. Beware of some of those lines though, straight cheese. He should stick in his lane (poppy style shit) and avoid the overly corny songs that are straight unbearable (Kids off Camp).

He talks about how black/white kids didn't accept him, how he's a faggot, and asian girls pretty often.
Camp and EP are good.

MellowHigh tracklist LEHGO

1. Goon'n
2. Air
3. Yu
4. Extinguisher
5. Nobody
6. Self Titled
7. Troublesome
8. Get'n Drunk
9. Roofless
10. HighLife (feat. Curren$y & Smoke DZA)
11. Cold World (feat. Remy Banks & Earl Sweatshirt)
12. Cingarillo
13. Remix (feat. Tyler, The Creator)

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
What is the GAF consensus on Gambino anyway? My friend told me to listen to his EP and on my life all I can remember is Donald saying people always called him faggot. Lol.

He's pretty good in my book. Lke a nerdy Lil wayne the underlining annoying parts of his flow/delivery have grown out of style. But I relate to his message of modern day nerd "I'm laughing at you now" lyrics (not for nothing Big Pun's "I'm Laughing at you Now" is still hilarious). Anyhow in a world of drake and his co-hort being top rappers why can't a TV star be a legitimate rapper as well? I mean wheel Chair jimmy did it.

Late to the party but

-Rap God was good
-OMG @ these Old sales, I thought ya'll said hipsters and Pitchfork had my ninja's back, b???
-Recovery wasn't THAT bad, goddamn ya'll can hate

Recon

Banned
Recovery wasn't bad, it just didn't feel like an Eminem album. Inspirational first single??? Rihanna?? It just came off really forced.

Bad Meets Evil is by far modern eminems best work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom