• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah not everyone seems to understand this though. Honestly the stuff he makes is still better than a good 80% of the garbage that's out today. I miss my 2000-2004 era of rap those were good times.

For future reference, comments like this are what get people annoyed and turns discussions into trolling and hyperbole.

So what if all we've been hearing thus far is the Rick Rubin side of MMLP2? His side is just modern throwbacks, (Berserk is dope) rappity rap you have to be technically dope to make it etc. Then the Dre side can be depressing and dark.

Maybe. I'm really doubtful any of the Dre tracks would be new stuff given all we've heard about him being gun shy nowadays. If anything I'd guess Em would use some stuff from Dre's vault and gave him the EP credit as a respect thing.

CRS

Yeah not everyone seems to understand this though. Honestly the stuff from Bandcamp is still better than a good 100% of the Eminem garbage that's out today. I love my 2009-2013 era of rap these are good times.

PBY

Banned
Rap god is a bad song.

It's an awesome rap demo, but who can listen to that more than a few times.

Love the way you lie isn't great or good or even mediocre, for example- but at least it's closer to being an actual song.

Muddy is taking no prisoners in that MMLP thread lmao.
I'm on someone's ignore list now
9jBmg.png

my favorite is off slim shady lp. probably rock bottom or just don't give a fuck. and after that til i collapse and superman. stan is good too.

anyways y'allready know thaaat. all this money i be starin aaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

haaaaaanh

i need more kingdom hearts rap.

HiResDes

I'll probably get to Nothing was the same but I'm just not hype a bout Drake anymore. Jay-Z album was okay while Kanye's was garbage.

Yeah there are more artists out there...Though I liked Yeezus a lot more than MCHG.

I'm trying to think what is the most 2003/2004 sounding album out this year? Someone help me help

Yeah not everyone seems to understand this though. Honestly the stuff he makes is still better than a good 80% of the garbage that's out today. I miss my 2000-2004 era of rap those were good times.
This comment gets a
AM71U.png
and a direction to the OP to check out HiResDes's quarterly wrap-ups and GAF hop Aoty lists.

IrishNinja

Finally getting to Blowout Comb and Funcrusher Plus today

post impressions, i need to revisit funcrusher cause i dont remember shit

Oh forgot about Nujabes, there are actually tons of Japanese producers that are similar to Nujabes like Michita, Reki, Evisbeats, Inner Science etc...

And then there are I-DeA and DJ Muro who are like the Japanese versions of Alchemist and Havoc....kinda weird if you think about it.

agreed! if you see this, click the link in my tag

FLYLO FM ‏@flyinglotus 1m "Been helpin out w the new @kendricklamar show for the yeezus tour. It's gonna b so amazing."

okay ye, k-dot & fly-lo is an amazing lineup for me, but that's still too much $ for cheap seats dun

This friendzone thread on OT is just....its on another level, fam

i can't even voyeur virgin-GAF anymore. to take a socratic stance: there's a metric fuckton of shit they'd have to un-learn before some of those kids could know a damn thing

Much better than Berzerk & Survival. Like, much better. It's not explicit tho I don't think. I need that.

dat crazy low bar

Em has Nas ears now...

this was honestly my first thought at this point

don't be proud of yourself my dude

haha, far too late for that

HnC is not free.

my ninja we out here on these internets; everything's free

Here are first week from artist that are independent this year
¡Mayday! - Believers - 5,000
Tony Touch - The Piece Maker 3 (Return Of The 50 MC's) - 2,400
Dessa - Parts Of Speech - 5,800
Statik Selektah - Extended Play - 3,500
Prodigy & Alchemist - Albert Einstein - 3,000
Action Bronson & Harry Fraud - Saab Stories - 7,600

happy for these (eve dropped something? huh), wish idve caught Mayday out there but maybe next time they perform local

Surprised Talib did so well.

rawkus era and up to about Quality, he did well to establish a base with conscious heads. i dropped the fuck off after beautiful struggle but when i was out in san fran, i saw many who did not

Nah fam, you gotta keep it moving with the sound and lyrical themes for the most part. Treading water and chasing after physical rap feats you can't accomplish anymore and a sound that has already been old hat is meaningless. What's the point of doing a shittier version of something you already did great? It's better to try your hand at something new.

i appreciate this, but then you risk betraying the old heads that might still be checking for you...i mean if darkman X did his own personal yeezus he would've risked losing 36 and like 5 other dude's dollar, that's pretty big % wise

Till I Collapse is still his best track.

Nate Dogg made sure of that...

top 3 for me yeah, can't argue here

I like Superman way too much.

haha as was said, that might speak to clubbing/nightlife des activities right now though...i still love post 90s leftover misogyny tracks all day and felt the shit out of that one, but i think it resonates a lot less since i stopped messing which chicks checking for a cape out here

Well, I can say Blowout Comb is that shit. I ended up not getting to Funcrusher Plus, but I'll post my impressions tomorrow.

I have it but can't get past that amazing second track
Rugged like Rwanda/
don't wind up far or get chopped up/
Quick to rush the spot like baby urine get mopped up

yo, howd it go?
He said THAT WAS THAT. And you call yourself after a super dissapointing Jay-Z/Nas song.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
MMLP2 thread is a stan feeding frenzy.
People are finally un-afraid to love rap again.

First thing I see in that thread

This sounds like a completely new sound, a throw back to 80s rock and rap put together, and that alone has me hype. I'm glad he's looking to new directions, doing new things, and moving music forward. Better than most of these other dudes putting out these dis-tracks, gangsta stories, and pop song club shit.

Fucking love it. Like a stack of hot flapjacks and some pre warmed maple syrup.

I'm so glad nu-metal is making a comeback. Get chuck d on the mic for a remix of rap god.

Esch

Banned
People acting like this is what hip-hop has been missing. How can you say that? That's pure ignorance.
Its easy to act that way when you #cantrelate to all that 'hood' gangster nonsense for 'thugs'. Rap really needed an upstanding hard worker like Eminem to put out something real and groundbreaking.

T Dollarz

Just now listening to Company Flow's Funcrusher Plus for the first time. I think this might be my favorite El-P album, and that's some very high praise. Just... wow.

No order:
SparkMasterTape - The #SWOUP Serengeti
Danny Brown - Old
A$AP Ferg - Trap Lord
ILLFIGHTYOU - ILLFIGHTYOU
Vince Staples - Stolen Youth LP
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap
Ka - The Night's Gambit
Kool & Kass - Peaceful Solutions
Kanye West - Yeezuz

Praying for Ugly Mane and Nacho releases, plus I still need to listen to some more stuff...(Patriarch mostly)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
rap god just put control 6 feet deep. best song of the year.

i'll take that horrible beat with those lyrics anyday. i'm grateful to be alive to listen to that performance.

fuck the hive mind here, he went in. even going as far poking at the fact he can get away with lines that were once censored. genius.

cdyhybrid

rap god just put control 6 feet deep. best song of the year.

i'll take that horrible beat with those lyrics anyday. i'm grateful to be alive to listen to that performance.

fuck the hive mind here, he went in. even going as far poking at the fact he can get away with lines that were once censored. genius.

This thread is pretty far from a hive mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom