• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Em's been a pretty honest dude throughout his career. I think he's trying to figure out what to say. I mean, nobody wants to hear a 40 year old rap about his mommy being mean, he's settled shit with Kim and his daughters are graduating high school. He's not going to make a balla balla garbage album. He's not political. He's not a mogul. He's always been a rappity rap rapper. Problem with those types is they fall back on shit that rhymes and flows instead I talking about shit in particular. Look at any of his records. There are a couple of thematic tracks and then a bunch of rap shit because it sounds good tracks.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Em's been a pretty honest dude throughout his career. I think he's trying to figure out what to say. I mean, nobody wants to hear a 40 year old rap about his mommy being mean, he's settled shit with Kim and his daughters are graduating high school. He's not going to make a balla balla garbage album. He's not political. He's not a mogul. He's always been a rappity rap rapper. Problem with those types is they fall back on shit that rhymes and flows instead I talking about shit in particular. Look at any of his records. There are a couple of thematic tracks and then a bunch of rap shit because it sounds good tracks.

He used a balla balla garbage beat tho...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Recovery wasn't bad, it just didn't feel like an Eminem album. Inspirational first single??? Rihanna?? It just came off really forced.

Bad Meets Evil is by far modern eminems best work.
Agreed!

Jeezy the kind of adlibs.

Pusha T's "WOOO" is getting up there.

Marlon Waya--Chance the Rapper's NEH NEH NEH is pretty fun too at black hipster conventions.

HiiiLife

Nowadays? Danny Brown is the closest thing I came to actually disliking a rappers voice but it grew on me and dude can spit. Just voice, period? It'd make me sound sus but I'll pick Drake's voice as best. Fuck it though. He sounds better to me than Danny lol.

Esch

Banned
Yeah... saying you like Drake's 5th avenue kid at a bar mitzvah freestyling voice is mad sus.

Be a soulja girl, brehs.

So Future was kicked off the 'Would You Like A Tour' And replaced with Jhene Aiko.

Future apparently trying to use for 1.5 milli.

All of a sudden it changed into a concert I would go too.

No new friends, no new friends, no new friends no no no

HiiiLife

Scarface wears fitteds two times his size doe. And he was woat in Def Jam Vendetta. Don't worry about Wheelchair Jimmy's voice breh breh. #nwts

codhand

Wasn't the new A$AP Mob album supposed to be out today? I googled it and it looks like it hasn't been mentioned late August, I don't think they've even announced the title yet. Not that I even care outside of a new Rocky or Ferg track being on it.

cant be worse than the last one...

Nowadays? Danny Brown is the closest thing I came to actually disliking a rappers voice but it grew on me and dude can spit.
Danny Brown and Kendrick are the two that I had this issue with.

I remember when everyone went crazy over Section.80, I was sitting here not really vibing with it aside from ADHD and a few other things because of his voice. He worked on his voice as well as fine tuning his raps in GKMC though. Also, HEEL Kendrick's voice is pretty good.

The same thing goes for XXX really...

Edit: I can't really get hyped over an A$AP Mob album. The last one, I'm pretty sure I only liked two songs. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wasn't the new A$AP Mob album supposed to be out today? I googled it and it looks like it hasn't been mentioned late August, I don't think they've even announced the title yet. Not that I even care outside of a new Rocky or Ferg track being on it.
GAF is the only place I've even heard of a supposed A$AP mob album being in the works outside of talking shit. moooooose putting in overtime.

So Future was kicked off the 'Would You Like A Tour' And replaced with Jhene Aiko.

Future apparently trying to use for 1.5 milli.

All of a sudden it changed into a concert I would go too.

No new friends, no new friends, no new friends no no no
Lmfao......did Drake really kick him off just because the comparison Future made with both of their albums

codhand

just read Future's comment, wasn't even bad, either something else happened too, or Drake caught feelings like a chump

could care less about any of these guys musically,

Tokubetsu

Y'all act like some dude talking that shit behind your back when you're putting him on your tour wouldn't piss you off. Get the fuck outta here. He basically said he didn't make a good album. Thats what it boils down to now whether or not you like NWTS doesn't matter. You're not the main event, you can't be talking shit.

You'd never Kendrick saying some shit like "Yea Yeezus was alright but none of the songs hit you like my songs you know?" Not when he's about to go on the road. You don't bite the hand that (helps) feed you.

The fact that Future's people were trying to pull it first is telling. They know. You can't do that shit. Plus the fact that it was supposedly "off the record." Future fucked up and then Billboard fucked him.

It makes him look more like a bitch already tho. Wasn't Drake just bragging about how some people wouldn't even be hot if he didn't do a feature on their songs? I feel like Future falls under that. Basically can't rake the heat get out the kitchen rtc etc

codhand

Yea see, fan/stan feelings aside it's the only thing to do. For this to be out and Drake to keep him on would make him look weak/like a bitch (or more of a bitch).

"Drake made an album that is full of hits but it doesn’t grab you. They’re not possessive; they don’t make you feel the way I do."

OK here's the quote, you decide. I wouldn't be hurt by someone on my magical mystery tour saying this.

Frankly this is some soft ass shit to get upset over.

"Drake made an album that is full of hits but it doesn’t grab you. They’re not possessive; they don’t make you feel the way I do."

OK here's the quote, you decide. I wouldn't be hurt by someone on my magical mystery tour saying this.

Its a dumb thing to say while on tour with the same person. Its unprofessional.

Tokubetsu

He called Drake's music hollow, shallow. If I prided myself on a rapper who tried to put emotional/sensitive feelings into rap music I'd be pissed. Especially from a dude I'm trying to put on. What are you not getting that anyway you slice it's a backhand.

Esch

Banned
I mean, I wouldnt get my feelings hurt by it cause 'well thats just your opinion man'. But.....you can't throw stones at the throne when its feeding you alms. When people put me on in what i do, take me places I shouldn't be, let me shake hands.... I wouldnt DARE say anything about my work being on par or better than theirs, on any platform.

Cudder

possible top 9 for me, no order yet, couldnt think of one last one.

Danny Brown- OLD
Natti- Still Motion
ASAP Ferg- Trap Lord
Big KRIT- King Remembered in Time
Bones- Scumbag
Ethelwulf- Damare Shizukani
Freddie Gibbs- ESGN
Kanye West- Yeezus
Yelawolf- Trunk Muzik Returnz

codhand

i miss aughts rap beef

never would have predicted a diss would be: his music doesnt make you want to fall in love like mine, lol, whatever, i agree, i dont, doesnt matter, it's comedy either way

codhand

*Breaking*
13818293535316b26ef8.jpg

Kimosabae

Banned
On the subject of voices: Aesop trained me to persevere through voices I didn't initially like and focus on content. It actually took me awhile to even give Ace a real listen, as people were trying to put me onto him for years. I thought his voice and enunciation was so derpy - and he was spittin' gibberish on top of that. Thought he was the whackest shit ever and anyone liking him was whack.

I distinctly remember a friend of mine from work giving me a stack of CDs full of underground heads, and any one that bore Aesop's name on the disc got defenestrated out of a moving car vehicle in anger. It wasn't until Ace kept getting recommended to me over and over again from different sources that I actually decided to sit down and listen to what people liked about him. He's become my favorite rapper since.

I hated Kendrick and Danny's voices initially too, but nowadays, that's a criticism that melts away within seconds. All I care about is what you're saying.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yea Ross looks like he's dropped some. Sweatin' the MMG bills that are starting to come in.

joelseph

BDNEP2 [Prod Clutch] 04:14
Bustos (Feat Chavis Chandler)[Prod Chef KDot] 02:43
Titties (Feat Zelooperz)[Prod Skywlkr] 02:49
Pussy Fartin (Feat GFC Monday)[Prod. Dre Skeez] 04:43
I Love Pussy (Feat. Chavis Chandler)[Prod. Gates] 03:29
Balls Deep (Feat Chavis Chandler, Buddy Love, and Zelooperz)[Prod Cartie] 04:31
Max B (Feat Danny Brown)[Prod Skywlkr] 04:45
Splash [Prod Nick Speed] 03:06
Touch It [Prod Boss Dollaz] 02:04
Whooties [Prod Nick Speed] 04:20
Domestic Violence [Prod Black Noise] 02:08
Can't Stop [Prod Nick Speed] 02:50
New Pussy [Prod Hanzo]

Omzz

everyone keeps posting OMG 4:25 for that em song. So I just listened to it. Am I supposed to be impressed with this? Yeah sure flow is good but it's like I could just recommend them Twista and they'll call him goat....or wouldn't cause he isn't eminem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom