• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
was it? waiting to listen to it all. even though Q is king of TDE I'm anticipating Jay Rock murking everybody on the cypher since he seems suited to that structure.

Nah, it was super dope. peterb0y has peterb0y taste in everything, so of course he hates heel kendrick. I was a little miffed at a huge part of his verse getting bleeped due to the censor though. Q did ok, his lyrics were ok but no quotables and his energy seemed low. Soulo was completely trash. I think both of them need to lay off the ganj for a bit. Smoking themselves retarded. Isaiah Rashad came off pretty well, he feels hungry and I think he vibes well with the rest of TDE. Jay Rock came with what you would expect. Dat gruffness and hard bars, no rippity rap shit. I wish he played that up more, and just went 100% with the energy on some DMX shit though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
We've seen what happens when you go full X tho... Rock isn't tryin to go full X.

PBY

Banned
Nah, it was super dope. peterb0y has peterb0y taste in everything, so of course he hates heel kendrick. I was a little miffed at a huge part of his verse getting bleeped due to the censor though. Q did ok, his lyrics were ok but no quotables and his energy seemed low. Soulo was completely trash. I think both of them need to lay off the ganj for a bit. Smoking themselves retarded. Isaiah Rashad came off pretty well, he feels hungry and I think he vibes well with the rest of TDE. Jay Rock came with what you would expect. Dat gruffness and hard bars, no rippity rap shit. I wish he played that up more, and just went 100% with the energy on some DMX shit though.
He just has anti swag.

"Hi 5".

Plz bruh.

Esch

Banned
2013 BET Hip Hop Awards TDE Cypher

index.php

He just has anti swag.

"Hi 5".

Plz bruh.
peterb0y rule.

wenis

If you're gunna censor shit, might as well not even bother airing it. fuckin stupid.

gratitude.

Esch brahhh. i knew something was awry when you were rocking the pop 08 avatar. your rankings are all wonky.

black marshall mathers > Q > Jay Rock > Isaiah Rashad > Soul (who wasn't bad, good bars lacked energy though)

jay rock kind of disappointed. just a whole lot of nothing. q added some spice to that shit, switched it up nicely.

kendrick lamar reminded me a lot of eminem in the last bet cypher. same flow. i'm just seeing similarities all over the place after that rap god track damn.

fuck i might as well put soul above rashad, dude's hand movements were distracting me

Cudder

oh and Ferg with the best verse in his camp too. he's got such a great flow and voice imo.

that one dude stay losing tho, I dunno who it was because there was text in the bottom over his name when it came up, so im pretty sure everyone who watched that cypher still dont know who he is.

mooooose

Heel King Kendrick is legit one of my favorite things to ever happen in rap.

It's amazing. He's just a legit heel. He was innocent Kendrick you see in the streets and everyone liked his album and he was a cute little Kendrick but then

he turned heel. He shits on everyone, bullies everyone, self proclaims he's the best with believably that makes all other rappers feel uncomfortable.

Despite his crew being sick and flabby in 2013, he is the coolest person in rap right now. Somehow, despite being Kendrick.

Because he's not Kendrick.

All hail King Kendrick.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Soul keeps talking about dying. I think his girls death really got to him. I think he's going to try to commit suicide before this shit is all said and done.

wenis

This Soul cypher hurts to listen to. It's like... a man slowly drowning in the sea of mediocrity.

mooooose

King Kendrick is the greatest but literally everyone else was garbage. Not that it matters, we know they're good, they are just flabby and sick at the ripe age of mid 20s.

wenis

Soul keeps talking about dying. I think his girls death really got to him. I think he's going to try to commit suicide before this shit is all said and done.

Man that would be sad if it were true. Especially if he isn't seeking some sort of counseling. He had a lot of pros going in, but now he's sounding burnt out.

Was the "hol up wait a minute" thing by Kendrick a Danny reference or a more general reference in hip hop that I don't know?

edit: blunt after blunt makes more sense lol

danny brown is missing from these cyphers. he'd probably be top 3.

but for now:

Jon Conner, Q, Black Eminem

Aftermath wins?

Cudder

Was the "hol up wait a minute" thing by Kendrick a Danny reference or a more general reference in hip hop that I don't know?

I was wondering the same thing. the way the audience reacted to that line made me think it was some well known hip hop line.

mooooose

Yeah I know Danny said it but I didn't know if it was some greater reference to hip hop that I didn't understand. That's pretty awesome that he gave Danny a shine in such a big moment for him. Heel Kendrick has respect for Danny which is basically the only person he should have respect for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom